Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Saw picture frames (the wood-like ones) for $1.18 today and about 10 big metal beverage tubs for $3.74...I had not seen these before, so I wonder if they found them in the back or something. Also lots of Tide on clearance at 30% off. I'm really watching the Pictureka Flipper games that are currently 50% off because inside of the Monopoly Card Game (that you can get for $.24 with the printable $5/1 Monopoly coupon on hasbro.com) there is a coupon for $5 off Pictureka Flipper (among others). Anyway, when it gets marked down to 75% off, I'm hoping to nab one for FREE. There are like 20 at each of my stores, so fingers are crossed.

They were out of the Monopoly at the Belden store but they did have rainchecks...however I went to our Walmart and they had it for $7 too so I used my coupon there. I didn't see anything of interest at that store...hope I find some Tide... I did find the Connect 4 there and used my coupons...wish I would have seen the target coupon to use with it...oh well I am getting a lot of gifts in storage this year so far.... I would miss so many of these deals without you all, THANKS!

Don't forget that you can usually go back to your target store to get items price adjusted because you forgot "they forgot" to scan your coupon or because the "coupon wouldn't scan." I've been told they only do this within a couple days of purchase so keep an eye out for them. Target still gets to turn in the coupon for the redeemed amount so no one loses but it does need to be for the item in question. They'll do this too with price matching up to 7 days after you purchased the items with another store's ad.

I just heard this report on Marketplace on NPR. It explains in more detail why we are not seeing great clearance deals in most stores. It also explains why more is being salvaged at higher prices. It seems there is more competition for the big store cast offs, so it probably is better for Target financially.

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2010/03/24/pm-tj-maxx-update/

I was at Target the other day and noticed Easter candy and basket filler items on end caps all over the store.

They had a full end cap of Robin's Eggs in shoes!

I've never noticed this before and wondered what it all meant????

This store has plenty of Easter candy and items in its Seasonal area.

I'm thinking there will be plenty of things left over at 90% (fingers crossed anyway).

Is anyone else's store like this? I haven't checked the other stores in town yet.

I was at Target the other day and noticed Easter candy and basket filler items on end caps all over the store.

They had a full end cap of Robin's Eggs in shoes!

I've never noticed this before and wondered what it all meant????

This store has plenty of Easter candy and items in its Seasonal area.

I'm thinking there will be plenty of things left over at 90% (fingers crossed anyway).

Is anyone else's store like this? I haven't checked the other stores in town yet.

I noticed it too when I was there today. I thought it odd that there was Mini Snickers and Twix Easter bags in the Pharmacy aisle! I also noticed that the Easter aisle was piled high with stuff, so either they aren't selling much of it or have gotten EVERYTHING out on the floor so there aren't any hidden boxes in the storage room when the clearance sale starts. Easter stuff was literally stacked to the ceiling in this store. Of course, with the crappy weather we've been having, it's hard (for me at least) to think about Easter being just a week and a half away! I like it so much better when Easter is in late April.

Thanks for the info! I thought I was good at this bargaining game until I met you all....I am sooo learning!

Don't forget that you can usually go back to your target store to get items price adjusted because you forgot "they forgot" to scan your coupon or because the "coupon wouldn't scan." I've been told they only do this within a couple days of purchase so keep an eye out for them. Target still gets to turn in the coupon for the redeemed amount so no one loses but it does need to be for the item in question. They'll do this too with price matching up to 7 days after you purchased the items with another store's ad.

Saw picture frames (the wood-like ones) for $1.18 today and about 10 big metal beverage tubs for $3.74...I had not seen these before, so I wonder if they found them in the back or something. Also lots of Tide on clearance at 30% off. I'm really watching the Pictureka Flipper games that are currently 50% off because inside of the Monopoly Card Game (that you can get for $.24 with the printable $5/1 Monopoly coupon on hasbro.com) there is a coupon for $5 off Pictureka Flipper (among others). Anyway, when it gets marked down to 75% off, I'm hoping to nab one for FREE. There are like 20 at each of my stores, so fingers are crossed.

Which target did you find the tide on clearance? TIA

Stacie...the Tide was at the Mission Target (Sh. Mission Pkwy & Metcalf)...it was Tide Total Care for $5.xx.

Today I saw the Brother Sewing Machine for $35.xx! I am not in the market but I wanted to get it anyway b/c that is such a good deal!

GI Joe and 2-packs of Backugan are FINALLY 75% off! Of course the one thing I wanted was gone.

Saw lots of Closetmaid storage things at 75% off ($5-8).

I'm watching the Kids Book organizer things...they are 50% off right now ($12.xx)...if anyone else is watching them and sees them at 75%, please post!!

I just did this recently on the monopoly game/coupon. I gave them the coupon for $5.00, I though it went through but when I got home and looked at my receipt they hadn't taken the discount off. I went back the next day and they gave my $5.00 back even though I didn't have the coupon anymore. They were great to do that.

Thanks for the info! I thought I was good at this bargaining game until I met you all....I am sooo learning!

Big deals today!

###002020380 - 20 gallon tote (storage bin) $1.74 (75% off)

###070030024 - city slider mini hamburgers (as seen on tv) $4.98 (75% off)

###070030029 - bumpits (for your hair - as seen on tv) $2.48 (75% off)

###070030179 - GT express (as seen on tv) $6.24 (75% off)

###072040204 - Presto griddle $12.48 (75% off)

tons of other storage bins, kitchen storage, kitchen items, etc. 75% off!

### Lots of a variety of Glad ziploc bags in sandwich, quart, and gallon and press-n-seal 50% off

### wood? frames 75% off

### 072040144 Kitchen Aid Food Grinder 24.98 50% off

### 002090830 50 disposable gloves Clorox brand 1.24 75% off

### Lots of pampers cruisers and swaddlers marked 15 and 30% off, but mostly larger sizes (they are coming out with a new style, so out w/ the old)

### Lots of several different toasters 75% off

Up& up brand trash bags still holding at 30%. Some lady had all the clearance closet maid stuff in her cart just as I got back there... grrrrrr. And not technically clearance, but Rayovac 24 packs of AAA and AA batteries are marked down to 6.99. I seem to always have coupons for Rayovac so an extra good deal. There were some other batteries on actual clearance, but these were a better deal.

There was a lot of other random stuff that I didn't get marked down to 75%, and a lot of it was in strange departments-- like trash bags by the frames type stuff. A lot of the clearance stuff marked 50% and 75% didn't have the usual little red stickers-- they had red and white ones--- it was all over the store. Wonder if my store just ran out of regular ones or if it has a deeper meaning since it seemed to only be on the higher %off items. It seemed to me in the past that returned items seemed to have the red and white sticker, but there were tons of them all over in all departments today so clearly not returns.

Found this cool ladder today marked down to $8.xx from $34.xx:

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Assets/images/Product/rm-pl3-large.jpg

Also got the Kitchen Aid Food grinder for $12.48. I did the Toy Story deal again to get a couple more movie tickets for us to see Toy Story 3 this summer. (Four Toy Story movies for around $7+ tax and $34 worth of free theatre tickets to see the new movie in June.) I'll use the other set of movies as gifts or something.

I want to get another set for gifts but my wife threw out our TRU ad without knowing that I needed it to PM!!! I called TRU and they said they don't have any ads in store because they're trying to be "green"

I know I need to get the deal this week because thats the only time when the special runs at both stores. I can get it for $13.98 but I'd prefer to save an extra $10. :(

Found an awesome Hamilton Beach 4 slice toaster 75% off, making it $9.98. Also scored the Toys Story 1 and 2 for $3.xx total! :) Gotta love the coupons there! (PM me if you need the low down) And the Connect 4 for free. They had lots of diapers at the 30%, but nothing else too great.

Found this cool ladder today marked down to $8.xx from $34.xx:

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Assets/images/Product/rm-pl3-large.jpg

Also got the Kitchen Aid Food grinder for $12.48. I did the Toy Story deal again to get a couple more movie tickets for us to see Toy Story 3 this summer. (Four Toy Story movies for around $7+ tax and $34 worth of free theatre tickets to see the new movie in June.) I'll use the other set of movies as gifts or something.

Which dept did you find this in and do you have the DCPI?? I might look for one of these (being vertically challenged and all, haha)

I too had a good day at Target. I got some of the bakugan and GI Joe stuff at 75% off as well as the Star Wars Costumes at 75% off. There were some heavy duty rubber gloves that were 75% off for 1.74 each. I got a few infant girl Hanes Sweatshirts for 0.54 each, they were like 85% off I think. I found some bird seed suet cake things for 50% off. I was able to find some organizer stuff at 75% off, a sliverwear one and one just for a junk drawer. I also found a dish drying rack set for 75% off.

One store even had the Pictureka at 75% off for 3.77 each as well as the Giraffe Limbo at 75% off at 6.25. I think my biggest deal was I got a 12 bottle emerson wine refrigerator at 75% off for 25.04.

I love target and this forum. I was able to get some of the monopoly games and connect four games. Good deals! :)

Sharp microwave R-520KS $28, kitchenaid icecream maker $19, child huggable hangers 20 pk. with clips $4 storage bins, swifter & used T coupons & BOGO accessory, free sobie,connect 4, TS movies.

Great day at Target!:D

Do you have the dcpi for the ice cream maker? I got the Brother sewing machine for $36.

Stacie...the Tide was at the Mission Target (Sh. Mission Pkwy & Metcalf)...it was Tide Total Care for $5.xx.

Today I saw the Brother Sewing Machine for $35.xx! I am not in the market but I wanted to get it anyway b/c that is such a good deal!

GI Joe and 2-packs of Backugan are FINALLY 75% off! Of course the one thing I wanted was gone.

Saw lots of Closetmaid storage things at 75% off ($5-8).

I'm watching the Kids Book organizer things...they are 50% off right now ($12.xx)...if anyone else is watching them and sees them at 75%, please post!!

Thank You. I am closer to the Ward Parkway store its by my job.

Which dept did you find this in and do you have the DCPI?? I might look for one of these (being vertically challenged and all, haha)

I found it over near tools, shelving, etc...

###Rubbermaid 3 Step Project Ladder 002 10 0027 Regular price $34.99 on sale for $8.74

HTH

I know all Walmarts are different, but thought this was worth mentioning. I used the Hasbro coupons to buy the Monopoly card games at my Target this morning. They were the ones that had the $5 coupons in them. I used those coupons to buy the Pictureka flipper game which was on clearance for $4.77. Then when I went to Walmart for groceries I noticed they had Sorry Revenge card game and some others that Target didn't have. Walmart had Monopoly Deal, Scrabble Slam, Pictureka, and Sorry Revenge on sale for $4 then when they rang them up I took out the $5 coupons (the box says "use now" not "for later purchase") and got all my card games for free.