Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I have something that I need to return. My parents (from out of town) paid for it and accidentally took the receipt with them when they left. So this is a return without receipt, which I've never done so I should be okay to do that with my license (up to $60 or $70, I think??)

Anyway, what I need to return happens to be on sale this week in their ad for $3 less than what we paid for it. So, if I take it in next week AFTER the advertised sale on it is over, will they refund me its current selling price or will their system show that it was on sale just a few days earlier and only give me that price? Not a huge deal, but there are 4 of these items, so $3 off each one kind of adds up.

I'm just not familiar about how this works because I save all my Target receipts and if I'm too lazy to dig one out for a return, I always do a receipt look up on my redcard. This is a unique circumstance though since the receipt is long gone and my parents have the card it was paid for on.

Don't some stores only give you the lowest selling price over the past 14 or 30 days or something if you don't have a receipt?? Just wondering if Target is like that too.

If anyone has experience with that, could you let me know?

*If* they let you return it, they will probably give you the lowest selling price in the last month. I have had mixed luck trying to return without a receipt. There have been times where they flat-out refused. And last time they did it, they said you could return up to two times per year with no receipt.

Can you have your parents mail you the receipt? Or get their credit card #?

*If* they let you return it, they will probably give you the lowest selling price in the last month. I have had mixed luck trying to return without a receipt. There have been times where they flat-out refused. And last time they did it, they said you could return up to two times per year with no receipt.

Well the receipt is gone. I suppose I could go in with a credit card number. I've NEVER returned anything without a receipt, and I guess I thought that they would let you do that as long as it was within the parameters of their policy. Sounds like that's not the case?? I don't like confrontation with cashiers, so I'd just like to know what to expect. Sounds like you are saying that even though I've never done a return without receipt, they still may not do it for me?

They changed the rules from 2 times per year to an annual limit of $70 or $75 (can't recall which it is) on your driver's license. I agree, it will be the lowest selling price in the last 30 days. I don't think they'll let you just give them the CC#, but they might. The credit will go to that card, though, not you. So, if your folks paid, they'll get the refund if you try that. Without the receipt, you'll just get a store gift card for the amount. If it isn't that much and they sell it at Walmart, you might consider going there instead if it is worth the hassle. They will also return for store credit, so it would depend on the value and price if it works better.

Did the Pictureka games go to 75% for everyone? Mine were still marked 50% even though the rest of the toys on the endcap had been marked down, but I didn't scan them.

Ours were down to $4.47 today, there were 4 of them on the shelf and I took two.

did the sewing machines go 75%.. ours have been stuck at 30% forever....

They went 75% and they went out the door. The store by my mom had 3, all gone. She had the lady look it up and the store that had 5 in the system, all gone. I really really wanted one, actually 2, one for me & one for my mom, but I would have been happy with one. Oh well....

Stacie...the Tide was at the Mission Target (Sh. Mission Pkwy & Metcalf)...it was Tide Total Care for $5.xx.

Today I saw the Brother Sewing Machine for $35.xx! I am not in the market but I wanted to get it anyway b/c that is such a good deal!

GI Joe and 2-packs of Backugan are FINALLY 75% off! Of course the one thing I wanted was gone.

Saw lots of Closetmaid storage things at 75% off ($5-8).

I'm watching the Kids Book organizer things...they are 50% off right now ($12.xx)...if anyone else is watching them and sees them at 75%, please post!!

Can you please post the DPCI for the sewing machine, I wud really appreciate it..

thx

Yes I have seen these tags at different stores. To me they are a bit hard to look for. Which is good for us Clearance shoppers.

Have you all noticed the new/different clearance price stickers/tags? They're larger and are white with an orangey-red border. Just thought it was interesting. Anyone know the story behind the change? I thought they just ran out of clearance stickers lol.

Yes I have seen these tags at different stores. To me they are a bit hard to look for. Which is good for us Clearance shoppers.

Those are the tags from people who have returned the item, and then it gets marked as clearance at customer service.

Those are the tags from people who have returned the item, and then it gets marked as clearance at customer service.

yes, you are right, they use to be what they used on returns. I saw them on everything clearanced the other day, so they might be changing over to the longer tags? I don't think everything clearanced was returned since they were over items when the other smaller clearance tags

yes, you are right, they use to be what they used on returns. I saw them on everything clearanced the other day, so they might be changing over to the longer tags? I don't think everything clearanced was returned since they were over items when the other smaller clearance tags

These are actually smaller than the ones that they used to use for items not found in the system. Those tags were about 2.5-3" long and they covered the UPC code with them. These are about 1.5" long and they are using them for all clearance. Some stores that still have the old smaller labels are still using them, but all the stores in our area are switching over to the red/white striped 1.5" tags and they go in the same place the old smaller all red tags are going.

Here is what they look like:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/lsmythLPS/P1150350.jpg

Edited by lovetoshopCA

These are actually smaller than the ones that they used to use for items not found in the system. Those tags were about 2.5-3" long and they covered the UPC code with them. These are about 1.5" long and they are using them for all clearance. Some stores that still have the old smaller labels are still using them, but all the stores in our area are switching over to the red/white striped 1.5" tags and they go in the same place the old smaller all red tags are going.

Here is what they look like:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/lsmythLPS/P1150350.jpg

yep... these are everywhere.. on all clearance items...

oh ok, just looked on something I just bought and it is abit different then the really long ones (only saw it once on something, it said as is on it).

Yup, those are the old ones. I don't like these new ones as well. They are bigger and easier to read when you are looking right at it, but they are harder to see from a distance.

Well the receipt is gone. I suppose I could go in with a credit card number. I've NEVER returned anything without a receipt, and I guess I thought that they would let you do that as long as it was within the parameters of their policy. Sounds like that's not the case?? I don't like confrontation with cashiers, so I'd just like to know what to expect. Sounds like you are saying that even though I've never done a return without receipt, they still may not do it for me?

I think they just changed their policy again recently but I am not sure of the details. What I do know about though, is that even if all four items are the same thing they count EACH item. So, if the policy says 2 no receipt returns in 6 months, for instance, you would only be able to return 2 of your items. I know this because I returned 2 identical dolls once, and then when I tried to do a 2nd return--a travel mug that leaked all over my work clothes, for gosh sakes!--, they said I already had my "quota" for the year. When I said no, I've only returned something once, they looked it up and it was the 2 dolls=2 items per year.