Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I was able to get 3 of the Pictureka games for $4.xx each and still get the free Scrabble Slam card game. I can keep one for myself, store one as a present for someone later and put one in someones easter basket!! It was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up!!!

I was able to get 3 of the Pictureka games for $4.xx each and still get the free Scrabble Slam card game. I can keep one for myself, store one as a present for someone later and put one in someones easter basket!! It was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up!!!

Is it me or is Target not marking down items very quickly? I've had my eye on some items that have been marked down once (miscellaneous depts) and it's taking FOREVER for them to go down more. This Hanes tank top has been on sale for almost $6 for about 2-3 weeks. It's like they aren't trying to get rid of the sale merchandise as quickly!

Is it me or is Target not marking down items very quickly? I've had my eye on some items that have been marked down once (miscellaneous depts) and it's taking FOREVER for them to go down more. This Hanes tank top has been on sale for almost $6 for about 2-3 weeks. It's like they aren't trying to get rid of the sale merchandise as quickly!

Yes. But it probably goes back to the story I posted a week or so ago. These stores have all ordered much less merchandise overall, so they have a lot less clearance. If they have less that they have to move, they can afford to leave it at higher prices longer in hopes it sells. It seems to be working with some things, like toys. They had very little left by the time the GI Joe or Bakugan finally went 75%. So, I would not be surprised to see things sitting longer. It is creating a problem for discount stores that rely on department store salvage. There simply is not as much available, and there is more competition for what IS available. So, you may also start seeing higher prices and less turnover at stores like Big Lots, Ross, Family Dollar, etc.

Are other people's stores pretty close to wiped out of Easter? Ours were okay still this morning, but by this afternoon it was looking pretty grim. I am hoping my stashes at various stores are still there. I know at least one was found. I re-hid stuff this afternoon, but only a bit was still there. Oh well, Monday will be interesting.

Got turned down for a PM today at Target. Competitor's ad showed Buy 1 Get 1 Free, regular price $9.99. The items are the same price at Target, so I tried to get them Buy 1 Get 1 Free. They said no, they can't do B1G1 offers. I said, but the price is clearly displayed in the ad. You can sell them to me for $5.00 each. They still said no. So I walked off and left what would have been my $70.00 purchase on the counter. I can understand if the competitors ad just said B1G1 with no price, but it had the regular price displayed. Disappointing to say the least.

Got turned down for a PM today at Target. Competitor's ad showed Buy 1 Get 1 Free, regular price $9.99. The items are the same price at Target, so I tried to get them Buy 1 Get 1 Free. They said no, they can't do B1G1 offers. I said, but the price is clearly displayed in the ad. You can sell them to me for $5.00 each. They still said no. So I walked off and left what would have been my $70.00 purchase on the counter. I can understand if the competitors ad just said B1G1 with no price, but it had the regular price displayed. Disappointing to say the least.

i'm sorry you didn't get a price match, but their policy clearly states that they won't price match a Buy 1 Get 1.

Are other people's stores pretty close to wiped out of Easter? Ours were okay still this morning, but by this afternoon it was looking pretty grim. I am hoping my stashes at various stores are still there. I know at least one was found. I re-hid stuff this afternoon, but only a bit was still there. Oh well, Monday will be interesting.

So, no one replied. I just wanted to share why I was so depressed about Monday. I thought it was bad yesterday. I went back today, and this is what it looked like:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/lsmythLPS/2010-04-03152630.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/lsmythLPS/2010-04-03152620.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/lsmythLPS/2010-04-03152605.jpg

So, no one replied. I just wanted to share why I was so depressed about Monday. I thought it was bad yesterday. I went back today, and this is what it looked like:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/lsmythLPS/2010-04-03152630.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/lsmythLPS/2010-04-03152620.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/lsmythLPS/2010-04-03152605.jpg

WOW!!! Have they sold it or are they pulling it off the shelves???

Wow! That is really barren! My store was pretty well stocked, but I stopped in yesterday and swung by and they had consolodated it all into one aisle already and reset with bulk items. End caps were full and things were all shoved in together. They didn't waste any time!

Walmart will not price match a B1G1 free offer from another store also.

Walmart will not price match a B1G1 free offer from another store also.

Wal-Mart will match it if there is an advertised price, which there was. Just like they matched a 2 for $12.99 offer in a different ad. They just reduce the price of the item to half. The Target in Springfield would not match the B1G1, but the Target in Joplin did. And like I said before, I would understand if the ad did not have an advertised price, but it clearly stated regularly $9.99. There was no mistaking what the items were selling for.

The items I was trying to buy were Easter items, so it looks like I will be buying them for half off today anyway!

Wal-Mart will match it if there is an advertised price, which there was. Just like they matched a 2 for $12.99 offer in a different ad. They just reduce the price of the item to half. The Target in Springfield would not match the B1G1, but the Target in Joplin did. And like I said before, I would understand if the ad did not have an advertised price, but it clearly stated regularly $9.99. There was no mistaking what the items were selling for.

The items I was trying to buy were Easter items, so it looks like I will be buying them for half off today anyway!

Still, their stated policy is pretty clear that they don't match B1G1, so I'd say you were just lucky at the store that did it for you.

Just got back from our Target in SE Aurora, CO and there are quite a few basket stuffers left at 50% off and lots of bagged candy at 30% off. Nothing that I really need So I will be waiting for the 75% & 90% off days to head back. Although I did pick up 2 Easter Polly Pockets for $2.49 each.

If anyone has any news about Spring packaged food items going on clearance - please post and I will do the same. They had not marked down the Spring Oreos yet, I will be watching for those to go down.

Does anyone know if some of the Easter candy is marked down on the same schedule as regular Easter decorations? I know most stores have gone to only marking candy to 30% the day after, but I wondered if some of the candy is part of the normal markdowns with decorations??

I'm specifically interested in the Hersheys solid chocolate rabbits that sell in a pack of 10 (I think). They have them in Santas at Christmas time too.

Seems like at Christmas there was some candy that did get marked to 1/2 price the day after.... or maybe I am dreaming??? LOL

Just thought I would ask to save myself a trip.

We have two Targets in Winchester Va, but I only went to one. I was so disappointed at what was left first thing this morning that I didn't even want to go to the other store. Not hardly anything left. I picked up a few things, but nothing compared to what I normally walk out with. Ended up going to Walmart and racking up on Easter goodies including a ton of Wilton items.

Can you post a DPCI ... thanks!

Yes, I too have been waiting for these to go down....however they are NOT at 75%...if you look

in the corner they are actually 65%. At 75% it should have went down to $24.99 as they started out at $99.99. Don't get me wrong......still a good deal but not as awesome as 75%.

Lots of good stuff at my 2 Targets today. Not a ton of stuff really, but lots of the "good stuff" that is usually gone really quickly at 50%, 30 LPS!!, lots of potato heads, my little pony (had buy one get one coupons also), stickers (lps, spongbob, rabbits), polly pockets, polly-like princesses, cadbury eggs half off (didn't check the other candy) also lots of short for little ones. I got my kiddo a pair of the long white easter gloves half off too for our trip to disney this summer to go with her princess outfit. Great day! Bring on the 75% off!

It is VERY hit or miss out there. I went to 8 stores, most where I had stashed stuff, and found only 2-3 stores had much at all. 2 stores had next to nothing. The others had a bit. Most of my stashes were still there, so I bought at 50% and am happy to get my goodies. Non-bagged candy seems to be 50%. Only bagged stuff is 30%.

Does anyone know if some of the Easter candy is marked down on the same schedule as regular Easter decorations? I know most stores have gone to only marking candy to 30% the day after, but I wondered if some of the candy is part of the normal markdowns with decorations??

I'm specifically interested in the Hersheys solid chocolate rabbits that sell in a pack of 10 (I think). They have them in Santas at Christmas time too.

Seems like at Christmas there was some candy that did get marked to 1/2 price the day after.... or maybe I am dreaming??? LOL

Just thought I would ask to save myself a trip.

I bought dh some Dove chocolate bunnies that were 1/2 off. It did look like only the bagged stuff was 30% at my store as well.

Thought I'd struck gold when I saw the pile of Spring Oreos, but not even 30% off...bummer.

Ok - I should not go to sales when it's only 50% off cause I keep thinking that I need the stuff at 50% off but I really don't. I should wait for 75% or better yet just get slim picking at 90%. But as usual, I could not resist. I bought the plastic eggs at 50% off (2 packages) - I keep telling myself I should wait it out. I only saw a few toys there -- I thought about stashing them, but I haven't done this before so I couldn't find a good place and our store is a high traffic, and they clean it up all the time. My hiding spots will be found - no doubt. I picked up the FP Little People's Easter Basket for $7.49, but I really don't need it at this price. DD has too many toys anyways. I also got the Tag Jr Book for $2.49. There was still quite a bit of items there - lots of shorts for toddlers- I really wanted to get some but at $2 each... I'll hold off.

What else is worth getting at only 50% off?