Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

We just had a Kohls open up near me so I've been momentarily distracted from Target (which is a little further away). I'd love to find a $12.xx knife set. My knives consist of 2 pieces and they are fabreware brand, cheap as heck (quality wise) so anything else would be a step up.

I did see Bakugan's (selected ones) marked to 75% off. There wasn't much variety.

Well, I got some bad news at Target today. Apparently they are planning to do away with the garden center and will no longer carry patio furniture chain-wide. Apparently they will wait till after the current season, but they want to focus more on Market (grocery) and will get rid of it. Don't know if that also means no more pumpkins for Halloween or trees at Christmas, but it would not be surprising it it did. I was talking to the guy in guest services & the department manager. They'll be converting the space to storage at most stores. They said no one bought the patio furniture till it went clearance (I said that was because it was too high to start and they agreed). I am surprised about the plants, though, we only have 1 other store in town (a hardware chain) that carries reasonably priced plants (we have some pricey nurseries), and it is a drive to get to Home Depot (Lowes is even farther) and Walmart is pretty lousy on plants here. So, very disappointing to me as a gardener.

more video games 75% off. Seems like someone asked about the Batman game for the PC and it went today.

Anyone in the SoCal area that wants that Garage Maid stuff, they had a set of stuff at the Duarte store 75% off. Probably a return as it looked like 1 each of 4-5 pieces.

Found these video games 75% off this morning:

###207-02-0754 TMNT for DS $7.48

###207-24-0214 Skate 2 for PS3 $9.98

###207-24-0142 Hawx for PS3 $9.98

###207-22-0367 Fight Night Round 4 for Xbox 360 $9.98

The young one will be pleased. :D

Well, I got some bad news at Target today. Apparently they are planning to do away with the garden center and will no longer carry patio furniture chain-wide. Apparently they will wait till after the current season, but they want to focus more on Market (grocery) and will get rid of it. Don't know if that also means no more pumpkins for Halloween or trees at Christmas, but it would not be surprising it it did. I was talking to the guy in guest services & the department manager. They'll be converting the space to storage at most stores. They said no one bought the patio furniture till it went clearance (I said that was because it was too high to start and they agreed). I am surprised about the plants, though, we only have 1 other store in town (a hardware chain) that carries reasonably priced plants (we have some pricey nurseries), and it is a drive to get to Home Depot (Lowes is even farther) and Walmart is pretty lousy on plants here. So, very disappointing to me as a gardener.

Hmm, we don't have plants or gardening, just furniture inside the store. We are regular Target.

You have plants??? We definitely dont have plants. Our patio furniture is in the store where they do the other seasonal setups like christmas. I guess I have been missing out! I have to say, I do love the plants/flowers at Lowes (much better selection than HD)

Hmm, we don't have plants or gardening, just furniture inside the store. We are regular Target.

Both of my stores are regular Targets and have plants. I usually buy the small herbs for $2.79 (?) and plant them. They grow great and so much faster than seeds.

You have plants??? We definitely dont have plants. Our patio furniture is in the store where they do the other seasonal setups like christmas. I guess I have been missing out! I have to say, I do love the plants/flowers at Lowes (much better selection than HD)

Both of my stores are regular Targets and have plants. I usually buy the small herbs for $2.79 (?) and plant them. They grow great and so much faster than seeds.

Of the Target stores I have been to, probably 80% or more have a garden center with plants. That is across multiple states from Delaware to California, so I don't think it is unusual. One of our stores closed their garden center a year or two ago because they couldn't compete locally. It seems silly that that would be the case nationwide, but maybe they feel it is. The local manager certainly doesn't. He said the department was up 20% over last year. Usually around here only the mall stores don't have garden centers.

Well, in addition to losing the plants, they'll be losing the lawn furniture. Don't know if they'll keep a small tool section or anything, but apparently it is going bye-bye. Can't say I am surprised their furniture doesn't sell better. It is overpriced in the first place.

Our garden center at the Target here in Gator Town closed a year or two ago as well.

Prior to that it had plants, lawn and garden care, patio furniture, etc.

I had hoped the area would be converted in to a grocery, basically making our regular Target in to a Super Target. But it has remained a storage area that is off limits to the general public.

Thanks for the heads up on Target garden/patio...I need one more folding black iron patio chair. I might just pay full price or sale price (gasp!) to complete the sitting area.

I'm bought most of our patio/outdoor stuff at Target, on clearance. Great prices, but not much profit for the store. I don't buy many plants there...mostly the Farmer's Market, seeds or Lowes.

Thanks for the heads up on Target garden/patio...I need one more folding black iron patio chair. I might just pay full price or sale price (gasp!) to complete the sitting area.

I'm bought most of our patio/outdoor stuff at Target, on clearance. Great prices, but not much profit for the store. I don't buy many plants there...mostly the Farmer's Market, seeds or Lowes.

I think they'll have it through this season, based on our conversation, but not next year or into the fall. Kinda bummed. Hard to get seeds started inside because of our lighting and outside because of watering restrictions. The farmer's market is pretty limited in Pasadena, and it is 20 miles of bad freeway traffic to either Lowes. Oh well, I'll be at OSH a bit more, I guess.

hi! what section did you find this in. thank you

This was in the aisle with the Crayola things and craft kits. There were also some on the Clearance endcap in the stationary section. There were Disney princess and Tinkerbell jewelry making kits.

Yes, it is true the outside Garden Centers are closing by September of this year! As for the patio furniture, Target will continue to carry it, but not a large selection of it in Florida. Not sure about carrying patio furniture in the other states though.

Does anyone else have a couple of Panasonic phones (one base, two extra handsets) on clearance? I just saw these at 30% this week...we were just getting ready to buy one on Amazon, so I'm definitely going to be stalking these!

I've been watching them too. Been 30% for at least a few weeks now. Markdowns are moving slowly.

Hello everyone! I have been following this forum for over a year now. For some reason, I have never been able to post. I finally started a new account and voila, I can finally post! I look forward to sharing all of my great finds. :)

I am a Target addict and find super great deals all the time. Today I found

###Flintstone Children's Vitamins (190 count) for 75% off ($3.xx plus was able to use $1 MQ).

They were the ones that were left over from the bulk clearance.

Edited by Gator Pam