** Target Black Friday Ad Posted **

Brad

Was very excited to see the Target ad, but I too am pretty unimpressed. There do seem to be some pretty good deals but nothing I am looking for. I was very disappointed in the toy selection and children's clothing. The only gifts I can afford this year are for my kids. There are a few things I might be interested it but I hope Walmart can do better and offer more toy deals. Thanks Brad, as always appreciate your hard work!

Ok I didn't want to post a quick judgement so I went back and looked through the ad again after everything was posted. Honestly there is nothing in the ad worth me going to Target and fighting a crowd for. About the only things I would be slightly interested in would be the fleece pants, lined jacket, air hogs helicopter and maybe the towels but none of those are on anyone's wishlist. While I'm VERY excited to have gotten to see the ad, the ad itself was just depressing IMO. I sure hope this isn't any indication of what WM's ad is going to look like!

Thanks Brad for taking the time to put up this ad! I greatly appreciate it and I have been really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, it is a big let down. I was looking for a dsi bundle and an ipod touch 32 gb. Now I have to brave Sears, unless Best Buy or the shack comes out with something better.

There is a serious lack of popular toys in this ad. About the only good deals on toys I see are the LEGO sets and the Imaginext. Everything else is just "meh." However, I do see myself waiting in line to get some of the DS games...some of the $7 ones, at that price, I can get a copy for each of my boys, so I don't have to listen to them fight, LOL!

And honestly, there are some things there that I would normally pick up at Kohl's on BF, that appear to be a better deal at Target (i.e., flannel sheet sets and pajamas)...so I may not be heading to Kohl's after all...

After looking though it a bit I realized that it's a decent ad but I wish they had more recent and popular DVDs and TV seasons (some of the older ones were there last year!) Hopefully they will do what they did last year and do a few more additional pages when it gets closer.

The ad was ok...some smaller items that would be nice, the air hogs helicopter would be nice for my grandson, the disney princess doll set for granddaughter, but like some of the others I felt a little dissappointed in the ad...not really anything that is on my list of things to get. I stocked up on the sheet sets they had last year they were 600 thread count, so even though the 700 count is a good buy not on my list this year. Will look at it again tomorrow maybe I am missing something...Last year Target was a must stand in line store for me...thinking I can give my list of what I want to someone else and I will hit another store first. Waiting now for the Wal Mart ad... Thanks again for posting this...You are awesome!!!

Very surprised by the reaction to this ad. Seems like half of you love it and half of you are unimpressed.

Either way, the full listing on the BF site is now complete. I'd like to thank Target for keeping the # of items per page to a minimum as usual. Really helps save time :P

It seems to me most of the people not impressed with the ad just didn't see one of the few items on their list in it. Some people are very picky about what they look for in these ads, it is the same story every year. I wish people who said not impressed would give their reasons why, but looking at the ad myself, I see some very good deals on electronics, but possibly lacking on the toy side. However, I think the strategy with toys this year is the stores know they are gonna be on the list, so why give them away at black friday prices, when the retailers know we are going to be in to buy them regardless if it is on little Timmy and Sue's list.

There are some good deals on tvs but we got a big one last year so not in the market... the games are either too young for my childrenk or not really all that discounted for the older set... and the pillow pets.. what a disappointment.. they are $19.99 all over the place now! Overall I can see some good deals but just not on anything I was hoping for (ie DS, pillow pets, Sons of Anarchy). Oh and the DS games that are discounted look like they are mostly aimed at boys and I Carly stinks.. lol... finger's crossed for Walmart and Kmart to wow me...

I was really hoping to see a bundle or gift card deal for the ds/dsi. Also was hoping to see the Leapster Explorer software on sale. I don't see much I want other than $5 pj's for the kids. Really wish there were more toys. I'm glad to finally see the ad so I know not to hold out for a better deal. The $10 gc might help. And if you have a Target charge card or debit you save an extra 5% off every purchase. So that is worth considering as well. I'm sure I'll be in Target at some point, but I won't be first in line. I wonder what the rest of the week looks like. They are supposed to have deals the first half of the week according to their press release.

Thanks so much for posting Brad!

I was hoping to see a better selection of Tvs for Black Friday... Guess I'll buy somewhere else. Westinghouse is not good in consumer reports.

Pillow pets... $19.99 that is the price of Walmart everyday. Guess I just buy one now

Games are blah. Fable 3 is a good price at $35, but I got mine in the mail today from ebay. New sealed for $30.

Was hoping to see Glee season 1 Dvd. Hopefully someone else will have it.

All in all... I will not have to run to Target this BF. Maybe a quick stop after my other stores for small clothing items.

was hoping to see something with the IPod Touch 4th generation. Maybe a giftcard deal, etc. Guess I'll just see about other ads. Bummer

Marked about 13 items on my list. Not sure I will get them all but they are things my kids, inlaws etc have on their wish list. Most impressed with the FP Musical table. Will wait to see the TRU ad and Wal-mart ad before I say for sure that it will be a first stop. I was hoping for some lower priced mp3 players but that's okay. I like the ad overall

I wasn't super disappointed with this ad, but not super excited either. I'm finding my problem is that I just don't need any of the typical Black Friday items, so unless something is an outstanding deal and I have to have it for the price - then I'm just not buying I suppose. With no major purchases planned for this season, and much of my list being very specific items that are not your 'box store' type items - it's going to be hard to please me.

On a good note, I found a lot of clothing items that seem to be a good deal. They might not be out of the ball park deals, but they are solid sales. $3 mini appliances are always favorable in my book, and I might pick one up as a back up for one that might not make it until another good sale comes. I'm thinking there are a lot of people like me though, going to be very picky and have to find the deals be excellent in order to pull them in.