** Target Black Friday Ad Posted **

Brad

This is not the greatest Target BF ad ever, but it all just depends on what you're looking to buy. I've been waiting forever for a deal on Lego Harry Potter for Wii and am happy to see it in this ad! If it is not cheaper elsewhere or if Amazon does not match it, I will be at Target this year. The $7 DS games look good, too. I don't really need much so nothing else catches my eye, but I'm sure I'll end up spending enough to get a $10 gift card. LOL

I love Target and this ad is not all that bad. :)

A little disappointed in the Target ad because I was hoping for a deal on a Nintendo Wii but only saw the Xbox 360 bundle. There are some mitten/hat sets and a few other clothing items that I might stop in later for but definitely not at 4AM.....Waiting impatiently for Walmart ad.

Well I was hoping for a blu-ray player for $50, I recon there is always hope walmart will have it, lol. Target is just too far away for me to get excited about the blu-ray player but if I could get it online and walmart doesnt have a cheaper one, I will get that one.

Weeds season 1-5 is tempting, but if I get the blu-ray I can save my money and watch them on netflix, lol. Just recently discovered that show on tv guide network pretty funny so I need to catch up on them.

Well am I would be all over the 40inch if I was in the market for a tv. I like the GPS at $79 hopefully I can order online since am in Chile for a wedding that weekend. Hopefully Amazon matches Weeds 5 9.99 and Vampire Diaries 1 $12.99 along with other cheap tv seasons because Black Friday tends to be when I buy many of my current show releases. Am interested in other cheap dvds under $5 and Blu-rays under $10. I would have been willing to perhaps wait in line for the GPS if I was in town. Wish they could give other titles instead of saying each title shown and select others.

Thanks Brad...

I think the ad is good enough to go to Target for. It isn't a huge hot toy sale though and that's what so many people look for. I always want an electric toothbrush but am too cheap to spend $70-$100. They have the oral-b for $35 and my mailed coupons had a $10 off coupon in it today. $25 is a price I can live with! Amazons reviews are good for it too.

Here's what kills me...i am an avid BF shopper for years, always seeing super hot toy deals. Last year, I had my first child and all the deals are for older kids...This year, she is 2 and so far NOTHING again! Murphy's Law, I suppose.

PS these stores new hours are ruining my schedule! We always hit walmart, then Kohls, then target! Now that target is opening at 4, my dreams of a cheap electric toothbrush are drifting away...(dramatic enough?)

It seems to me most of the people not impressed with the ad just didn't see one of the few items on their list in it. Some people are very picky about what they look for in these ads, it is the same story every year. I wish people who said not impressed would give their reasons why, but looking at the ad myself, I see some very good deals on electronics, but possibly lacking on the toy side. However, I think the strategy with toys this year is the stores know they are gonna be on the list, so why give them away at black friday prices, when the retailers know we are going to be in to buy them regardless if it is on little Timmy and Sue's list.

That's not true of me at all...I've been around quite a while, and I know what is and is not a good ad; in my opinion, this is not a good ad. Aside from a few items, the rest of my xmas shopping is wide open, meaning I have a vague idea of what I might like to get for most people but I tend to choose things based on seeing good deals, rather than decide I need to get X, Y and Z and then search for a deal on those specific items. With this ad, I didn't see more than two things that caught my eye as a good enough deal that I might want to get them regardless of what I had planned to shop for. Basically, even if it doesn't interest me, I have an idea of what's a good Black Friday deal...and in this case, Target has no idea.

As usual going to Target for my annual dvd's buying. The thing you have to remember with Target if you are interested in dvd's is the the ones they list in the ad is only like 1% of the titles. When they say these titles and more they mean it. And they also keep restocking that area most the day.

I don't see anything that I like in the ad, it seems the dvd selection was way bigger last year. Hubby and I cleaned house with all the dvds on sale. Also,what is with the stores not doing any deals on 32gb Ipod Touches? Everything seems to be geared towards 8gb. Also I thought the toy selection could have been better.

Ok, this is the first Target ad that I have EVER really, really liked! Although I am a little disappointed in the tv selection. I mean, would it kill anyone to have an internet capable tv on sale?

The 40" Westinghouse is a steal but at 60hz? For those who question the brand, I had a Westinghouse tube T.V. for over 4 years before it broke and that was only because it fell off the bed in my dorm room and cracked, about a 4 foot drop, and it still kept running for a couple of months. I wouldn't say it was the greatest picture, but in my book if a T.V. can work 2 months with a crack from a 4 foot drop I can say that is a GREAT brand! In case you want to know, the tv was purchased in 97'-00' (?) and had the accident in 2004.

Thanks Brad!

ok here is what i am thinking

wii fit bundle is 67

wd 2tb at 69 need 2 of those

wd 1tb at 69 need one of these

just dance 2(free 10 gift card) for 39 need at least one copy if not 2

iTunes gift card need at least 2 if not 4 ... not sure if this is better then the everyday deal u get at bj's or sams though need to crunch some numbers

i wonder if they are going to let u break into 100 lots if u use different forms of payment it might be a ymmv sort of thing...lol. if they do I will of course be breaking it down ... and I know that my store said the save 5% with target card will work that day too...

I think the ad was more positive then negative. Last year, I only got 1 thing from Target. I wasn't impressed at all with the ad last year. This year there are about 3 or 4 things I'm interested in. Mostly games for the Wii or board games. Some other small stuff. I'm not interested in the Doorbuster items...just don't need any of those. But I do like get a $10 gc for buying this item or spending $100. I could easily hit $100 on BF there.

We usually start out at Target since they open early here. But with Old Navy opening at Midnight, we might venture over there first then head to Target for the rush. I do enjoy a good opening door rush. As long as no one gets hurt. With the stores opening earlier...we'll have to sit down and make a plan.

I'm really bummed by this ad. Target has always been one of the best ads, but this year I don't see one thing that interests me. No decent toys or video games (at least none of what I'm looking for). Maybe will hit it later in the weekend, but nothing to rush there on Friday for sure. A couple of dvd's I might like, but then I will just price match them at Walmart rather than making two stops.

Definitly a few things I'm interested in, but not sure if there is enough to make me wait in line... granted I've only had time to quickly skim through the ad so far.

Always happy to see discounted itunes cards. I like the $5 kids pajamas. I like the mega blocks bucket. A couple of the movies perhaps. That's about it so far for me.

Like someone else mentioned, I'm in need of a good DSi XL deal. That's what I'm waiting on. Hoping another retailer comes through on that.

This ad looks similar to last years. The PJ sets and pants are on my list for sure, as well as the boys jeans, some movies, and video games, and the Imaginext Space Shuttle. I will be at Target first thing again this year... I can't wait!! :)

I noticed that too. My dh goes there every morning for me while I hit the outlets and this ad seems like a big combo of the past few years...MANY things I bought the past 2 years are still on there..but I still am happy with the ad..definately some nice deals =)

ok does anyone know if the 5% off when u use ur target cards works on iTunes cards? I did the math(i think I did it right) and one 25 dollar card for 20 is the same discount as 4 15dollar cards for 48 at bjs ... I have the plus membership at bjs so I know i get 2% back on gift cards there so I need to know if the target discount applies to gift cards.