GottaDEAL 2023 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

21 hours ago, Jeanne515 said:

Hello August.  Wow what a rough start you have been.  My colon preforated twice and my appendix ruptured.  11 day hospital stay.  Please let the rest of the year be kinder.

That sounds awful. Feel better soon.

Just checking in for August.  Nice summer, luckily. 3 camping trips- 1 family and 2 solo😀

A reminder that if you haven't sent me your mailing address yet, feel free to do it anytime so I don't have to chase you down later this year.

If you are on this list it means I haven't received your address yet. Just send me a PM with the subject "prize club address" along with your name & mailing address. Thanks 🙂

BFgrl79
gatorburg
HanShotFirst
Hubbalance
kimpooh19
msyves
redeyejay
riven3d
tracy0504

• Like 3

On 8/15/2023 at 6:40 PM, Jeanne515 said:

Hello August.  Wow what a rough start you have been.  My colon preforated twice and my appendix ruptured.  11 day hospital stay.  Please let the rest of the year be kinder.

Hope you're feeling better. 

Aug. 12th our only Christmas Tree Shop closed 😩 🥹 It is always a favorite stop for me on BF... I can spend a couple hours in a store that is about a quarter of the size of Target, leave with more items, but spend less and now it's gone... not sure what my plans are going to be this BF as most things you can get online now and I'll really only be shopping for the grand now...there really is no need for me to leave the house... each year in-person shopping is really become more of a thing of the past and I miss it just a little bit more each year 😢

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, tracy0504 said:

Aug. 12th our only Christmas Tree Shop closed 😩 🥹 It is always a favorite stop for me on BF... I can spend a couple hours in a store that is about a quarter of the size of Target, leave with more items, but spend less and now it's gone... not sure what my plans are going to be this BF as most things you can get online now and I'll really only be shopping for the grand now...there really is no need for me to leave the house... each year in-person shopping is really become more of a thing of the past and I miss it just a little bit more each year 😢

I'm pretty sure they went bankrupt and all of them have or are going to close. We went in there around the holidays to pick up a bunch of holiday decor.

1 hour ago, Kanyon71 said:

I'm pretty sure they went bankrupt and all of them have or are going to close. We went in there around the holidays to pick up a bunch of holiday decor.

Yeahhhh, they went bankrupt... so sad, I always found good items in there and did a lot of weekly shopping there from October to December for decor, dishes, coffee, spices and seasonal items... It will be missed...

• Like 1

This summer has been the busiest summer I can remember. My family was invited to at least one event every weekend, and most times more than one event that was taking place at the same time. I felt so bad for not being able to go to everything, but am grateful for the things I was able to go to. September is starting to look like it is going to be busy, also. We have a couple of craft shows coming up in my area in the next month, so I hope to find a few unique Christmas gifts there. 

Happy BERRRR months!!  Our weather has given us a sneak peak of fall for the past week or so, but this weekend we are back up to the 90s to close out pool season!  It's starting to be cool in the evenings, no matter how hot it is during the day.  I could go for another month of that before the chillier days set in; we'll see if I get my wish this year.  

On 8/28/2023 at 12:46 PM, tracy0504 said:

I know what you mean. I pulled into Party City a month ago to prepare for a big bday celebration and it was closed. So I had to order everything from Oriental Trading Company and Amazon. There are just some things you really want to see and compare in person. This was one of those for me. Reminded me of when Toys R Us closed 😞

Anyways, September already!

• Like 1