GottaDEAL 2023 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

I know you all still have 4 months to post for this year's prize club, but if you want to help me get ahead of things and don't plan on moving before November, you can send me a PM with the subject "prize club address" and include your name and address so I don't have to chase you down during October/November when things are much busier for me. And if you do move, just send me another PM and I'll update the spreadsheet.

I actually just packaged your prizes for this year today and I already have secured the prizes for next year (well, assuming there are 80 or less winners next year) so I'm way ahead of things 😛

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Also, according to the script that checks this thread, as of the end of June we still have 47 members:

amdskip
berry1014
BFgrl79
bluebear
bodotdot
Bopeep
bossy1
chester5
cllehto
Cubsfan23
dantegirl
Doresia
Gator Pam
gatorburg
giz
HanShotFirst
Hartcollectibles
HomeinKS
Hubbalance
ilikefree
ISU ME
izzydedyet
Jeanne515
jesusluvu
jstluvem
Kanyon71
Kash
kellis4321
kimpooh19
lucyismycat
magickallight
marathonshopper
mcwalker
momlori
msyves
packratfamily
redeyejay
riven3d
rockpzazz
Rose0426
setlok73
speeddiva
stacya
stina629
tinkrbel
tracy0504
ytmomof4

If you are posting and think you should be on this list but aren't, send me a message and I'll check your posts manually.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Happy July!  It’s hotter than the devil’s armpits here again today.  Started out the week with a severe storm that knocked out power for 100,000 people in my city, including me. Ending the week with excessive heat warnings and not everyone has their power back yet.  

later this month I am taking a trip and I’m so excited.  First time traveling in about 4 years…..life and Covid you know.  

hope everyone has a great weekend and happy 4th! 

• Like 3

I am in Montreal for Canada Day (July 1) and long "July 4th Weekend" (driving home on the 4th).  Unfortunately, Canada Day was pretty much rained out here in Montreal.  Also unfortunately, it looks like all the rains passed south of the wildfires north of here.

I like this modern new look!

Happy July!  We had been in a drought for the past 6 weeks or so, and then got hit by the Derecho that slammed the midwest last Thursday.  Since then it's rained at least once every day, and I am not complaining even though it means I'll have to mow the yard for the first time since May!

This month is a busy one for our household.  We have a ton of fireworks to set off tonight and tomorrow night (I might have gone overboard), then a family reunion next weekend.  The 2 weekends after that, I'll be traveling with youngest DS12 for hockey tournaments. We are first going to Detroit, and then Nashville, so I told him that we'll run up to Frankenmuth for a couple of days to see the Christmas sights for Christmas in July, and then head to Nashville after that.  We'll close out the month with a week of hockey camp for both boys and then head to tryouts in August.  

In the meantime, we've been battling a mink in our chicken yard.  Still haven't caught the little sucker, but when I do, I'll be sporting a new furry accessory for sure!  

June was a fun month, and our town festival went off mostly without a hitch (one day was rained out and will be made up next weekend).  It was my first chance to take a lot of pictures with my phone, and I took almost 1000 over 3 days.  I had a blast.  Looking at this month, I hope my area gets some rain, as we are in severe drought.  30 years ago we were deluged with rain in one of the worst floods ever, and now we can't even get rain when it was supposed to thunderstorm 3 days in a row.  I would welcome the rain, to not only get the ground some much needed water, but a to knock the humidity down a few degrees.