Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

I'm past caring what anyone thinks about what I buy or how much. None of their business. I hear all the people complaining about resellers and hoarders, and I just don't care. Not my business what they are doing with it. Not their business what I am doing with what I buy. I had a completely full cart of napkins at Halloween and they get me through the whole year. If I get there first, then I get to buy them. Everyone has an equal chance to get out of bed and get there on time to be first. Sometimes I win. Sometimes I lose. It is silly to get worked up about it.

Well said!

Well, today I found two Lego sets at 40% off. Now, that's odd. Target usually makrs down at 15, 30, 50, 70, and then 90%. Is this something new???

can you share which legos.. DS is big fan of legos and we never ever find legos on clearance.

can you share which legos.. DS is big fan of legos and we never ever find legos on clearance.

lego super heroes Quinjet Aerial Battle and Hobbit Attack of the Wargs. I know the feeling, my DS and DD are also big time lego fans, so that's why any clearance item counts.

I'm past caring what anyone thinks about what I buy or how much. None of their business. I hear all the people complaining about resellers and hoarders, and I just don't care. Not my business what they are doing with it. Not their business what I am doing with what I buy. I had a completely full cart of napkins at Halloween and they get me through the whole year. If I get there first, then I get to buy them. Everyone has an equal chance to get out of bed and get there on time to be first. Sometimes I win. Sometimes I lose. It is silly to get worked up about it.

I agree.

I went ot our store today. A sudden snow storm hit yesterday so there was no way I could get there. I went today around 3 pm expecting the shelves to be cleared and they WEREN'T. What??? There were 3 aisles FULL of marked down toys (no legos other than a game called heroica). I didnt' go hog wild cause I'm trying to be good with my $, but I did buy a few things:

Super FLying Grover $8.98 (I think)

Monster High Create-a-Monster Design Lab $10.48

Mega Bloks World of Warcraft Deathwing's Storm (something) Assault $29.98

Spooky Thomas at Sodor (glows in the dark) $10.xx

There was a ton more but my DD has mostly outgrown barbies, squinkies, etc. etc.

Well, today I found two Lego sets at 40% off. Now, that's odd. Target usually makrs down at 15, 30, 50, 70, and then 90%. Is this something new???

Do you know if the final price was really 40% off the original price? I noticed a couple 40% stickers while I was shopping this toy clearance, but I didn't pay too much attention at the time. When I got home I noticed that 1 of my Aquadoodle animals was stickered 40% off, now 2.98 (original price listed as $7ish). The other 2 animals were stickered 70% off $10 (or was it 9.99?), now 2.98. They all ended up being 70% off, they just had the wrong starting price on one of them.

Something else I noticed this year - items that had been a part of the 90% holiday clearance (icloud earbuds, Ahhmazing art set) were mixed in with the toys at my store and are now marked 30-50% off.

I was so excited my little guy will be 2 in May so I was able to get him quite a bit on clearance for Christmas. Plus I was able to get him a replacement shopping cart. He got a cheap one for Christmas and he loves it but he's already broken the plastic so I bought 2 of the 70% off ones so that he can play with one and I can put one back in case this one breaks or for a gift for someone else :)

I've seen this kind of thing a few times, but generally it has been when they've done inventory and found random one offs in the back room and put it out at odd discounts. Sometimes they do it with items that arrive at a local store when that store doesn't generally carry that particular SKU. I believe those are both new product, and it is possible that they got them by mistake and so clearanced them.

I walked into my store yesterday afternoon and the worker told me they had just finished markdowns. I was so excited because I thought it would be bare.

I got:

2 tag books $4.14

2 leapfrog leappad ultra ebooks $5.98

Barbie batter powered Volkswagen $35.xx

Drum set $23.xx

Cinderella Barbie doll $10.xx

About 5 other barbies...only bought the 70% ones, left the 50% there

Polly pocket friends set $5.98

Wooden puzzle $3.xx

Dora purse and money set $3.xx

Huge doctor kit $3.xx

Decorate your own jewelry box with twirling ballerina $2.98

Minnie Mouse play set $5.xx

Tinkerbell doll $8.98

Back of door electronic basketball hoop $8.xx

Tink light up wings $5.98

Lots of small things like squinkies and such we use as road trip surprises when we drive a long distance...

I also got melamine dishes that look like painted pottery for 70% off. I got everything in the line. Plates were .88 each. I was thrilled!

I went to two other stores and they had most things only 50% off

Barbies are getting put away for when my dd is a little older but those are like Legos- if you see them cheap, GET THEM!!

Do you know if the final price was really 40% off the original price? I noticed a couple 40% stickers while I was shopping this toy clearance, but I didn't pay too much attention at the time. When I got home I noticed that 1 of my Aquadoodle animals was stickered 40% off, now 2.98 (original price listed as $7ish). The other 2 animals were stickered 70% off $10 (or was it 9.99?), now 2.98. They all ended up being 70% off, they just had the wrong starting price on one of them.

Something else I noticed this year - items that had been a part of the 90% holiday clearance (icloud earbuds, Ahhmazing art set) were mixed in with the toys at my store and are now marked 30-50% off.

You are right, I checked the items in their website and the final price comes out to 70% of the original price, it's just odd how it was marked on the red sticker.

That's odd. I came across something similar. I got some of the Betty Crocker Snack Size Sugar Cookie Mix. Regular price $1. I watched them for a couple weeks, stayed at 30%, so $.70. Finally they went down again. But the sticker now says regular price $.70, and discount of 25% to make it $.50. Of course that really 50% off the original $1. Both stickers are still on.

Has anyone seen this mirror. I got 2 of them at the District in Tustin for $10.90. Odd price since it was $51.99. They had about 12 of them Thursday night but all were gone yesterday. I called a few other stores but few had any. The Marketplace in Tustin has 10 but they are only 30% off or $36.38.

They are very pretty. Dcpi # is 074-11-0501

I have to post the link in another thread as I didn't have enough posts.

Anyone think the toys that are still 50% will be marked 70% this week or next? I've been stalking some Barbie dresses for dress up. My store has probably 20 of them.

I'm guessing NEXT week b/c they seem to have a 2 week cycle (meaning they hit each department every two weeks). However, they have been so wacky this year that I wouldn't doubt that they may do it tomorrow. I haven't looked to see if any of the Barbie stuff is even left at my store, but it would be nice to get a couple of things at 70% off! I'm also waiting for our sporting goods to get marked down!

Small travel accessories were 70% off today. Got the roll out toiletry bag, cosmetic bag, hard shell cd case and a couple other similar items.

Found the Axe sets for 4.xx (50% off) and Old Spice, which I left on the shelf.

Bedding down to 50% off and looked like some really nice comforter sets.

Lots marked down in tableware to 50% off. Everything that was Christmas and had a sticker markdown, was marked 70% (nesting salt and pepper shaker, measuring spoons, etc).

Toys were 50% and 70% off. Found the glow in the dark balls marked 70% off.

Some Archer Farms coffee (peppermint, spiced pumpkin, etc) was marked with red sticker at 50% off and over at Starbucks they had holiday items marked down 50% too. Got a variety 9 pack of the via coffee in carry case marked down to 4.97 and had a target coupon for $2 off. They expire in May 2013. Never tried them, but for $3, I will.

Hey, if you have a Red Card, have you seen this:

REDcard Extended Returns program rules (Scroll down for Target Pharmacy Rewards program rules):

When you make purchases with your Target Debit Card, Target Credit Card or Target Visa Credit Card (each, a “REDcard”) at Target stores in the U.S. or Target.com, you will receive 30 additional days to return the purchases beyond the standard return policy applicable to each of the purchased items. Target reserves the right to discontinue or alter the terms of this program at any time. REDcard extended returns do not apply to the following:

Target Mobile Purchases

Purchases with a fixed return date

Non-returnable items

This is nice! I just saw the info on the Red Card page.

Hey, if you have a Red Card, have you seen this:

REDcard Extended Returns program rules (Scroll down for Target Pharmacy Rewards program rules):

When you make purchases with your Target Debit Card, Target Credit Card or Target Visa Credit Card (each, a “REDcard”) at Target stores in the U.S. or Target.com, you will receive 30 additional days to return the purchases beyond the standard return policy applicable to each of the purchased items. Target reserves the right to discontinue or alter the terms of this program at any time. REDcard extended returns do not apply to the following:

Target Mobile Purchases

Purchases with a fixed return date

Non-returnable items

This is nice! I just saw the info on the Red Card page.

Does these rules apply to electronics, such as iPod? Thanks.

I did the happy dance this morning at my target. They just finished marking down the luggage when I got there. I was stalking a couple of pieces for future trip. I grabbed the smaller sketcher brand Luggage, the Puma copycat big duffel bag, and a Swiss gear carry-on luggage bag. They also had markdown all that camping items that were on clearance to 70% off. They had a 10 x 10' and larger canopy also Marked to 70% off down to $44 and $50. I stared at them for a while but I passed them up. They had Coleman brand and Embark brand six person tents 70% off as well. I picked up these items:

091040012 Bushnell binoculars $6.20

091040173 headlamp $6.20

091041280 Swiss gear insulated tote $10.48

091041284 Swiss gear waterproof jacket $8.98

091080390 Swiss gear beach shelter tent $20.98

069040290 Sketchers upright luggage $20.98

069100238 Puma duffle bag $17.98

069040011 Swiss gear luggage $29.98