Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

Does anyone think toys will go 70% this week, or more likely the week(s) after this week?? Im trying to decide if I should load up the little people this week.

I'm trying to figure out the same thing, last year my store went Thursday the 12th. I will be there this week to see.

My store has done the following (looking back on receipts):

2009 - Jan 15th (Thursday)

2010 - Jan 15th (Friday)

2011 - Jan 13th (Thursday)

2012 - Jan 12th (Thursday)

Edited by Katie811

What is on the Chinet clear plates? Do they have a different UPC then the regular ones? I scanned at lots of stores and they came up regular price. I got lots of the Chinet cups but couldn't find the plates. Thanks.

Yes, different UPCs, same packaging, the Chinet plates 10in 8pk, the UPC for the ones on clearance ends in 178. I had to dig through, they were all mixed together. The small plates I think have the same picture as the big plates, not the cheescake or whatever it was.

Yes, different UPCs, same packaging, the Chinet plates 10in 8pk, the UPC for the ones on clearance ends in 178. I had to dig through, they were all mixed together. The small plates I think have the same picture as the big plates, not the cheescake or whatever it was.

That helps. Thank you very much!

If anyone is near the KC Ward Parkway target and has girls to shop for...there are a TON of 90% off accessories in both the big girl and toddler girl sections. Lots and lots of headbands (the sparkly kind and the ones with the pretty rosettes), tights, socks, etc. And in the women's accessories section there are a lot of coin purses, wristlets, and those shiny slippers that come with the bags. I honestly can't believe that more people haven't found that stuff! I got a few things but there is a ton left.

Couldn't find any pajamas marked down there, though.

If anyone is near the KC Ward Parkway target and has girls to shop for...there are a TON of 90% off accessories in both the big girl and toddler girl sections. Lots and lots of headbands (the sparkly kind and the ones with the pretty rosettes), tights, socks, etc. And in the women's accessories section there are a lot of coin purses, wristlets, and those shiny slippers that come with the bags. I honestly can't believe that more people haven't found that stuff! I got a few things but there is a ton left.

Couldn't find any pajamas marked down there, though.

Is the stuff in women's accessories the same as the stuff from girls or is there something different?

Baby stuff got marked down some here. I saw strollers and car seats 50% and chicco car seat at 30%. They were still working in there too.

I broke down and bought the chicco carseat at 15% because I had a target coupon for 20% off and didn't want to risk it. Plus my close target only had 1.

I also found a bunch of the shiny slippers etc in the underwear section so don't forget to check there if you like it. I tried them on and they are comfy and cheap enough for me to grab a bunch. Most of the sizes left were S.

I am waiting for those sparkly girls shoes to go down to 70% off - it's currently 50% off in my store.

I didn't really see any good toys on clearance this year. Maybe my tastes are changing and my kids are getting older and more specific. I am eyeing the Let's Play Now (is that what the brand is called) dress up trunk. It's currently at 30% - I think it was $11.98?

In Home section- I saw cute Mickey Trash Cans (metal) for 30% off. It would be fantastic to get one at 70% off. The kids would love that.

Thanks to everyone who posted about the "hidden" deals in accessories! I had no intention of going today but it was just so much fun hunting for stuff. Bought some of the scarves, thong undies, pj's, and some gift items. Saw but did not buy glittery and silicone coin purses, kids' ties and bow ties, metallic slippers with bag, womens and girls tights (rolled with silver label instead of white). Most PJs were not 90%, the only ones I found were Mossimo night shirts with the silver price tag. Scanned a lot of stuff and some very obviously Christmas stuff was either only half price or not discounted at all (i'm talking about you, red and green Christmas pattern Bounty paper towels at full price).

Have not seen this listed yet, but "Gamago" brand hipster-type gifts were 90%. I saw unicorn corkscrews and a "junk in the trunk" ceramic log. Also some (I think) U-line brand cheese markers, wine tags, and the like, and some colored retro headphones (over ear and earbud styles). These are the type of things you see at Urban Outfitters, guess Target was trying to grab some of that demographic.

All stores finally went 90%. Got most of what everyone has posted but didn't see the following mentioned (if I missed a post, these may be duplicates):

Betty Crocker snickerdoodle cookie mix ringing .20

Wilton cinnamon drops (think red hots in a spice jar) ringing .19

totes mens slippers (in clogs and closed heels) 1.50

totes air pressure gauge shaped like a tire 1.50

Angry birds boxers in clear ball ornament .99

glittery cell phone holders, keychains, coin purses .79 (these were in the junior department)

silicone coin purses (these were in the cardboard Christmas trees and they were neon colors) .69

holiday jewelry (earrings, bracelets) .79

Almost stroked out when I found a shelf full of dial hand soap with holiday themes all over them. Scanned and they were 2.49. Halloween Goldfish crackers revisited!!

Great post seasonal clearance for me. Now . . . where to store it all?

Thanks for posting about the Snickerdoodles! I would've passed them up had I not read your post.

Can someone post a pic of the scarves? or the dpci?

No pic but I found two, a green one and a swan one. Here are the DCPIs, both are Mossimo with silver UPC tag:

Lime green sheer crinkly with fringe: 061-02-0997

Black sheer with white swans, no fringe: 061-02-0981

HTH.

No pic but I found two, a green one and a swan one. Here are the DCPIs, both are Mossimo with silver UPC tag:

Lime green sheer crinkly with fringe: 061-02-0997

Black sheer with white swans, no fringe: 061-02-0981

HTH.

It does, thanks! Will look for them tomorrow!

I got a deal on the Glad "holiday" kitchen trash bags. They were on the clearance end cap. They were $5.80. Not that great but when I was over looking at the regular price ones to see how good of deal that woud be I found .55 off coupons on lots of the regular stock. So I peeled them off and they worked on the clearance ones. With my Target red card it brings it down to $5.00. The regular price for these is $7.49 so that's not that bad of a deal since I was getting low. They are the ones with the peppermint smell and the apple cider smell. I got 8. :)

My store was starting to salvage - all Christmas was gone and staff were scanning and pulling thoughout the store (with printout lists that said "salvage" on them, lol). Stuff is still ringing up 90 off though, and I was still able to find a few stragglers (elf lipgloss .19, elf mini-nail polish duos .29, womens tights yellow and coral .49 ea, gift tape .20, flip-out tape .20, double sided tape .30, silver "log" vase .80, metallic brights votive holders 1.00). No luck on any of the other "secret" finds, the place was pretty swept clean.

Anyone know what will happen to Neiman Marcus stuff? I really want the carry on luaggage but can't seem to justify spending $60. Will it go 90%

I noticed that nobody answered. In all but one store in my area, its moving well enough at 70% that I don't think they will have to drop it to 90%. I was reading articles online about how that venture failed and I have to admit that I only saw the first store display a few days ago and that store had just about every item left for sale. Since then, I've seen only a few items in the other store such as the dog bowls, fancy dresses, and furry hats. I'm going to keep looking at this forum and both the Target and Neiman Marcus websites to see if they will dare to drop to 90%.

I noticed that nobody answered. In all but one store in my area, its moving well enough at 70% that I don't think they will have to drop it to 90%. I was reading articles online about how that venture failed and I have to admit that I only saw the first store display a few days ago and that store had just about every item left for sale. Since then, I've seen only a few items in the other store such as the dog bowls, fancy dresses, and furry hats. I'm going to keep looking at this forum and both the Target and Neiman Marcus websites to see if they will dare to drop to 90%.

It's all been 'stickered' or red tagged at the stores around here. It is very rare that merchandise goes to 90% off when it has a red clearance sticker on it. I would imagine they have a place for all that Neiman Marcus stuff to go that would get them more than 10 cents on the dollar.

The Neiman Marcus items have been 70% off for over a week now and there is just a little less than when it was 50% off. I know the GoodWill stores by me get lots of Target salvage. I wonder if that stuff would end up at Goodwill too. It would be interesting to see what Goodwill would price it at if they did.