Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

Yay, good for you! I looked for them but no luck. Which Targets do you normally shop at? My local Targets are Irving 635 and Lewisville off of 121. Found some rattles today but other than that the stores were wiped out clean of clearance. Was really hoping to find the Tonka trucks for my little one but didn't see any, there were also way too many employees in the toy aisles stocking/marking down/consolidating so I didn't get to really look look.

Hi, I occasionally go to the Lewisville/121 store (so nice and new), but usually shop at West Plano (got a kind of schizo remodel recently). I go to other stores too depending on where I will be that day - I found the chips at the Richardson store at Coit/Campbell.

Totally forgot to post, I saw clumping kitty litter on sale 70% off, lots of large jugs of it on an endcap. I think it was around $3 a jug in Winter Pine scent (if you or your cats can tolerate that...)

So I'm guessing not today on the toys simply based on the fact that nobody reported seeing it yesterday... There always seem to be a few stores that go a day early. If they wait until next week that is better for me since I made a commitment for the morning without thinking. Happy hunting if today is the day!

So I'm guessing not today on the toys simply based on the fact that nobody reported seeing it yesterday... There always seem to be a few stores that go a day early. If they wait until next week that is better for me since I made a commitment for the morning without thinking. Happy hunting if today is the day!

I know...that is my feeling, too. I have one store that has always gone down on Wednesday and it did not get marked down yesterday.

both my stores were mainly 30%, a few 50% and NO 70%. So Im assuming next week is it but it was already SOO picked over. So many things I would of bought at even 50% are gone already. I bought only 1 thing today at 50% off because my son already has it on his bday list and 50% is better then nothing if I have to by it later somewhere else full price...

Any action in shoes today? There didn't seem to be any kids boots left in my store last week - did I miss the big shoe markdown?

I saw some good mark downs in shoes both yesterday and today. However, boots weren't at a good markdown price yet. At my stores, they have a 25% Price Cut sign. I saw a handful with a 30% markdown. I am in MN though, so I think they keep them stocked here for a while!

Well, my store (Ward Pkwy) had consolodated everything, which was nice. (In the last few years they just left everything where it was, which makes it harder). Most everything was 50% off, some 30% and the only things I saw at 70% off were Winx dolls.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a few things that I will go back for, though...I really hadn't seen anything I wanted up until this point.

Toys were consolidated but no extra markdowns.

Christmas was salvaged/scanning INF (tested with some known hidden items). Didn't try to buy since there was nothing I wanted.

Neiman Marcus appears to be languishing at 70%.

Bath sets were 50% off (4.98). I saw Olay, Dove Men, Various Axe sets, Sponge Bob, and Hello Kitty. Possibly the Nivea Men and Dove women too but there were none left. The sets with razors were only 30%. The Axe sets seem like a really good deal, actually they all are since for the price of one body wash you get at least two other items as well.

I missed out on all the Christmas deals. Finally got a chance to go out today. Here are my scores:

067050068 upstate pick stitch table cloth collection $4.78

http://www.target.com/p/upstate-pickstitch-tablecloth-collection/-/A-14204348#prodSlot=large_1_7&term=table%20cloth

070012061 11 inch saucier originally $44.99, $13.48

http://www.target.com/p/giada-de-laurentiis-for-target-tri-ply-clad-saucier-pan-11/-/A-11866624#prodSlot=large_1_2&term=Saucier

070012064 4qt braiser originally 53.99, $17.98

070054240 Giada de Laurentis pasta scoop originally $14.99, $4.48

http://www.target.com/p/giada-de-laurentiis-for-target-scoop-and-strain-stainless-steel-colander/-/A-11992619#prodSlot=large_1_2&term=Pasta%20scoop

070010210 6qt Dutch oven originally $53.99, $17.98

http://www.target.com/p/6qt-cast-iron-covered-casserole-pot/-/A-10514668#prodSlot=large_1_7&term=6%20qt%20Dutch

072070268 Steam Cleaner red tag says originally $99.99, $25.04, but I think it's this one I found online for $69.99

http://www.target.com/p/shark-professional-slim-electronic-steam-pocket-mop/-/A-14220758#prodSlot=large_1_4&term=Shark%20steam%20cleaner

054240542 large snow flake punch originally $14.99, $4.48

I made up for lost time ;)

Toys were consolidated but no extra markdowns.

Christmas was salvaged/scanning INF (tested with some known hidden items). Didn't try to buy since there was nothing I wanted.

Neiman Marcus appears to be languishing at 70%.

Bath sets were 50% off (4.98). I saw Olay, Dove Men, Various Axe sets, Sponge Bob, and Hello Kitty. Possibly the Nivea Men and Dove women too but there were none left. The sets with razors were only 30%. The Axe sets seem like a really good deal, actually they all are since for the price of one body wash you get at least two other items as well.

Guess where I will be going tomorrow? Glad to hear the bath sets are finally dropping! Now hopefully there's at least one or two left locally.

Well, my store (Ward Pkwy) had consolodated everything, which was nice. (In the last few years they just left everything where it was, which makes it harder).

I have the exact opposite feeling on the consolidating... I have loved the times they haven't consolidated. Having it all spread throughout the toy department meant no aisle stuffed with crazed people and their carts blocking the way plus I noticed that the shelf clearers didn't seem to clear the shelves the two times they didn't consolidate here which meant more good finds for me :)

I can see it both ways...when shopping with a 20 month old, the one aisle approach is so much easier...in the interest of ACTUALLY being able to get something that i wanted the spread out approach works better

Yeah...that is me, only instead of a 20 month old I am stuck having to shop really fast over my lunch hour or quickly before I go to work in the morning. If it's consolodated I can run to that one aisle (or 2/3 aisles) and grab what I want and go. But yes...when it's spread out it is usually better in general b/c all of the random shoppers don't see it there and you can kind of stalk the 2-3 things that you really want and grab them before the masses descend upon the aisle. The years where they didn't consolodate I usually ended up with way more of what I wanted...but this year I just only have 30 minutes or so to shop so I'm happy they put it all together for me. :)

Shoes are back!

When I checked a few days ago there weren't many clearance shoes so I thought I'd missed out. Not true. They must'be been storing clearance shoes in the back because they are out today - bunches of them. Most are 30-50% off today with a few 70%. I picked up one pair and will be watching the rest. Toy clearance is good, but shoe clearance is even better IMHO.

Add Old Spice bath sets to the previous list of half off bath sets. Some movement in bath and housewares. Snagged a few things I have been waiting out on endcaps, also found a cobalt blue RR bubble pan set for 14.98 (not 4.98 like a previous poster found, shucks). In toys, ride-ons were 50% and it seemed like there were a lot, so maybe there will be some at 70.

Had to run into target tonight. There were a lot of shoes but only 30%. They had TONS of toys. Endcaps full plus both sides of one aisle, however everything is only 30%. I don't think anything will be marked down to 70% this week. Hopefully there will be some stuff left at 70% so I can pick up a few things. I did find an Armor All Car gift set for $10.50. It was originally $35 and it was on an endcap in toys.

I didn't see very many clearanced shoes, and not too too many toys. But I did find the softest most comfy fuzzy blanket! Only 30% off, but I had to have it. There was one more, maybe I can grab that one later.

Also got some packs of Betty Crocker snack size cookie mix, down to $.50.