Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

Buyer Beware. Purchased a Dora. Let's play backpack for iPad. It is no longer licensed and will not work. The app is no longer available. Not happy.. Sorry if this is a repost. Also, our big LalaLoopsy dolls are still 34. but they are clearly marked in the 70% off section. There is about 8 of them on shelves marked with 70% off signs, yet they refused to ring the price. Not a good target day. :(

swiss army camping backpacks 70% off (11.xx) and the urban trekker was 5.98

travel packs of swabs, cotton balls and cotton pads 70% off (.41)

m&m pretzel sharing size 50% off (.62)

glad force flex trash bags lemon scent 50% off (4.14 then had a .55 peelie on boxes so 3.59)

lots of household items marked down 50% (picked up service for 8 with nice design, includes serving set for 30.xx -- last one, so couldn't risk waiting for 70%)

bedding 50% off

snow shovels, salt for melting ice 30% off

humidifiers 30%-50% off (have been holding at that markdown for what seems like a month)

saw some toys marked down 30% - 50% off (mostly the circo stuff)

Buyer Beware. Purchased a Dora. Let's play backpack for iPad. It is no longer licensed and will not work. The app is no longer available. Not happy.. Sorry if this is a repost. Also, our big LalaLoopsy dolls are still 34. but they are clearly marked in the 70% off section. There is about 8 of them on shelves marked with 70% off signs, yet they refused to ring the price. Not a good target day. :(

It doesn't matter what the signs say. It's pretty much always been that way-they go by the red clearance sticker price.

It doesn't matter what the signs say. It's pretty much always been that way-they go by the red clearance sticker price.

So I returned the Dora today, and she picked the mermaid barbie instead. There is 1/2 an aisle with at least 5 signs on different shelves saying 70% off. Anyway, long story short, she gave me 70% on the barbie, but still no go on the LaLa Doll. The guys in Toys that answered her said there were NO signs with 70% off! I bit my tongue. My mother was with me, and she basically told the woman that they need to be put in check! So I was able to get at least the barbie. owell

So I returned the Dora today, and she picked the mermaid barbie instead. There is 1/2 an aisle with at least 5 signs on different shelves saying 70% off. Anyway, long story short, she gave me 70% on the barbie, but still no go on the LaLa Doll. The guys in Toys that answered her said there were NO signs with 70% off! I bit my tongue. My mother was with me, and she basically told the woman that they need to be put in check! So I was able to get at least the barbie. owell

I had that happen to me with a backpack. They told me that someone must have put it in the wrong place and I said 'a whole section' I was insulted and told them they need to be checking displays and signage because they are going to have alot of unhappy people getting mad. They refused to honor the signs and there were more than one and a whole display of the same bags. Also had it happen with sodas and they told me they weren't on sale. I said there is a sign back there that says ..... and they went back and looked and said nope, not on sale, no signs. I was in a mood that day so I walked back there and showed them. They quickly took the sign down and honored it for what I had in my cart.

a few months ago, I found Ovaltine with a sale sign in front of it that was about $2 off. I scanned it and it was regular price. I made sure the name, oz, and everything matched and then took a picture with my cell and went up to customer service to check out and showed her the picture. She honored the price and called someone to take the sign down (from the empty shelf!)

I had the same problem at the Sandusky store..... even called Mgr. over and she stated that price is marked on red sticker. Then also continued to say" it states 70% but priced is clearly marked". All other items in that sections were 70% off. Sandusky Target also wants you to go to Customer Service to price match AND show ad AND KEEP THE AD. Any of your Targets require all this to price match???????

I had the same problem at the Sandusky store..... even called Mgr. over and she stated that price is marked on red sticker. Then also continued to say" it states 70% but priced is clearly marked". All other items in that sections were 70% off. Sandusky Target also wants you to go to Customer Service to price match AND show ad AND KEEP THE AD. Any of your Targets require all this to price match???????

Mine requires all that to price match, but they don't keep the add.

Around here, the signs say Up To X% off. It covers all the bases.

I've seen some of those but for the most part, ours all say X% or more off original prices. So it does get rather frustrating when there's a bunch of an item and none of it is what the sign says it should be.

it is up to the local manager. we have some stores that do that here as well. others don't take the ad, but I think all require you to go to guest services now.

Would anyone happen to know when the bath items (rugs and shower curtains) go on clearance? I feel like it's in this quarter/soon' date=' yet I haven't seen any markdowns in that department. Thanks![/quote']

I saw some bath stuff on sale yesterday. Duck theme and other kids design. A few others as well. But I didn't buy anything other than a Darth Vader poncho towel at 75 off so I am not quite sure how much they were on sale. Just saw a Ron if orange stickers.

I actually found something I wanted on a endcap. I got the little pie maker on clearance for $5.68. It was marked $9.89 but since I read this thread, I scanned it and it came up cheaper. Can't wait to make some sweet potatoe puffs.

The markdown team was working their way through the section near Valentine's Day. I didn't hang around long enough to see what all was being marked but I noticed all the kitchen gadgets like whisks, measuring spoons, etc in bright colors were marked and they were starting on the food items. I apologize I don't know what this section is called but it is right where all the outdoor/patio stuff will go for the summer.

The markdown team was working their way through the section near Valentine's Day. I didn't hang around long enough to see what all was being marked but I noticed all the kitchen gadgets like whisks' date=' measuring spoons, etc in bright colors were marked and they were starting on the food items. I apologize I don't know what this section is called but it is right where all the outdoor/patio stuff will go for the summer.[/quote']

Ooh I forgot about this. The seasonal section, bodega, whatever you want to call it. A lot of stuff was marked down either 15 or 30%. Plastic cups, napkins, plates, cutting boards, measuring spoons, k cups including Starbucks (except for Pikes Place which is the one I like), the tech accessories in that area too. Lots and lots of stuff. I will wait for further markdowns before I get anything.

Stopped by to check out the V-day stuff. I saw the markdown team in the houseware area. It seems they're marking down tablecloths, plates and mugs to 70% off. I didn't wait for them to finish, but I did browse a little. I found 2 cool water bottles for $3 originally $10.

Most candy at my store was 30% although the six packs of reese's peanut butter hearts and snicker hearts rang up at 50%. Non food items were ringing up at 50%. Dollar spot items were not marked as on sale, but the two little mailboxes I got rang up at 50%.

tshirts with target valentines tags were 70% off(but xhiliration valentines day pj's were full price) some of the holiday stuff was ringing 70% and others at 50%. I scored a nordicware ice cream cookie mold and left several heart shaped/themed ones at 70%. They were clearing everything out to set easter and had stuff tucked in carts an aisle away. I scored some mutipacks of 3-4 crayons for 1.50. I had through about using for easter treats with colorings books from prev $1 section clearance but I'm thinking red/white packaging would fit right in for Godson's 4th bday in December or his sisters in May.

I managed to drag coworker with me (while taking an "early lunch") and she got several little treat bags and stuff for her sons birthday in a few weeks. They have some sports themed stuff mixed in, she got 12pk paper treat bags (green, orange and not sure what other colorss) with stickers (or decals of some sort), sets of notepads and some erasers at 70% off.