Lego Stores Black Friday

holly2hottie

Never been, I think the closest one to me is in Destin maybe?? Would love to go to Yankee Candle though!!! I :hearthrob YC! :)

I went to Silver Sands one BF several years ago, and just going through the parking lot, I swore I'd never do it again (this was before midnight openings, so this was probably around 9 or 10 in the morning), and by the time I left, I said I'd do it again every year, because the deals I got were SOOOOOOOO good!!

Now I live in PA, so the midnight openings are pretty cold here!!

Holy mother of god...last year I tried (*tried*) to go to the brand new Jersey Shore outlets. I spent, without a doubt, the longest I have ever spent in my car trying to get from a point A to a point B that was so close. Seriously, this place is no more than a half-mile from the Parkway exit, and I sat in traffic between the two for HOURS. By the time I got to a point where I could see the place, I decided it was absolutely, positively in no way worth it, and went home.

Moral of the story: typical outlet? Sure. Brand new outlet? Are you out of your mind?!

[i should note, however, that the NYC metro area has a total population that would make most of you cry, so YMMV ;)]

Honestly, it really depends on what stores are in the outlet center. Last year, my wife and I shopped at the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets only because of the Yankee Candle store who had a 6 large candles for $60 sale at midnight. Although some of the other stores like Tommy Hilfiger, Gap, and Aeropostale had between 40%-50%, there really wasn't much that struck our fancy. The longest line at that center at midnight last year was at the UGG outlet.

Wow, you actually got in? Did you come off Parkway North? Cos I sat in traffic that was basically at a dead stop for HOURS coming off the Parkway South.

Ace has some very nice BF deals on some basic tools that are good to have around the house or apartment (and make nice gifts for people who could use a few simple tools).

In 2007 I did BF shopping on Long Island, then we made a family sightseeing trip to upstate New York. I had marked some Ace Hardware items on my list but didn't get them on BF, so I told the family to keep an eye out for an Ace during the trip and I would stop in and get the things. It took quite a while, but we did see one Saturday and I went in and bought a number of items for myself and as gifts for relatives who need a few basic tools in their apartment. After that, we kept seeing Ace stores as we passed through small towns. (You know how when you have been looking for something, you keep seeing them days after you are not looking anymore.)

I began a major remodeling of the kitchen and bath in my co-op apartment this July (continuing) and have been using some of the tools I bought that day almost every day since July. Some of the cheapest but most useful BF deals I ever got!

Wow, you actually got in? Did you come off Parkway North? Cos I sat in traffic that was basically at a dead stop for HOURS coming off the Parkway South.

We live about an hour from there and it took an extra 15 minutes to get from the Parkway to the parking lot with the traffic. What surprised me was that a few stores decided to open early to give shoppers a chance to "stay warm", since all of the tables were occupied in the food court. By the time we left, I could see major traffic jams getting off of the Parkway and it didn't seem as if anyone was moving. It may not be so bad this year, since that center had its grand opening last year the week before BF.

We live about an hour from there and it took an extra 15 minutes to get from the Parkway to the parking lot with the traffic. What surprised me was that a few stores decided to open early to give shoppers a chance to "stay warm", since all of the tables were occupied in the food court. By the time we left, I could see major traffic jams getting off of the Parkway and it didn't seem as if anyone was moving. It may not be so bad this year, since that center had its grand opening last year the week before BF.

Wow...it took me at least an hour to get from the Parkway to right across from the place (where you would still have a long way to go, around that ramp) and I eventually gave up, went past, made a U-turn, and saw that the line of cars trying to get in from that side was a fraction the size of the one on the other side. :banghead:

I love that place, but there'll have to be some awesome deals for me to try again this year. Or maybe I'll just go at 10 and nap in the parking lot ;)

Wow...it took me at least an hour to get from the Parkway to right across from the place (where you would still have a long way to go, around that ramp) and I eventually gave up, went past, made a U-turn, and saw that the line of cars trying to get in from that side was a fraction the size of the one on the other side. :banghead:

I love that place, but there'll have to be some awesome deals for me to try again this year. Or maybe I'll just go at 10 and nap in the parking lot ;)

Not the same outlet center, but ours is about 35 minutes from where I live, and I left my house at 10:30 because I wanted to make sure I got a place to park without having an issue...

I went to the Albertville outlet mall in Minnesota two years ago. Got there at 12:15, got right in to Aeropostale, got a bunch of great deals, then we got stuck in the middle of the parking lot for 2 hours. (I kid you not!) We even called the police department and asked them to help as we were going nowhere! It was horrible. I talked to some mall employees last year and they said they were having more security directing traffic, more off-site parking with shuttles, and it should not be a problem again. I plan on going back this year but parking close to an exit and not moving my car until I'm ready to go home! Most of the stores are 50% off everything, so I'll be hitting Aero, Pac Sun (for DSD14) and Bath & Body Works. The most popular store here is the Coach outlet and they limit how many can be in the store at one time.

Here in MA, we have a Premium Outlet on a major route. Yea, 3 highway lanes at a complete stand still for HOURS! I literally have to take a different way to get to my 1st BF store.

When I do go later in the day ( after the amatuers are packing it in...) you would not believe the crazy parking stunts these people have pulled. Parking on hill sides so steep I would be afraid my truck would roll.

The Smithfield, NC outlet mall is complete madness. Folks actually park on the side of I95 and walk over to the outlet mall. I have discovered the sekrit back parking lot.

This year it is rumored that the Yankee Candle outlet will open at 9pm on Thanksgiving. They normally have a line all night long as they only allow a certain number of folks in the store due to fire code. Thank goodness!

But to answer the question - it really depends on what you are shopping for. Most of the outlets are really good about posting the specific store sales on their website a few weeks before Thanksgiving.

For me the additional 40% off the entire Banana Republic outlet is worth the trip! Plus the sale at our Pac Sun makes DD18 very happy!

well maybe with two outlet centers near Cincinnati maybe it will calm down...but somehow I doubt it. I went to Jeffersonville the first year they did the midnight opening and it was beyond C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!!! Luckily my group got there pretty early and stopped at Waffle House beforehand. It was just madness the closer it got to midnight. The freeways and all roads were backed up as far as you could see. People started parking their cars on the sides of the freeway and hopping the fence. Needless to say they were lucky to find there car there later, they started towing people. The lines were super long and the deals were nice, but not nice enough to miss the other stores for.

Well I guess that means the Ace rep is a no-good liar, lol.

Seriously, she said it would be e-mailed to me today. I'll send another e-mail...

She was probably just too busy searching the web for other stores adscans, so that she can compile her shopping list, that she decided not to go to work today. Oh wait that was me.

It really depends on what you are trying to get. We went two years ago and I stocked up on Cheap Vitamins, got sheepskin boots, three of them for like the price of one and it was worth it. This is the Howell MI Tanger Outlets. My fiancee at the time had a horrible time and never wants to go again. I couldn't find a coat or skirts I wanted and some lines were just horrible. The Coach store was like a Best Buy line. But overall it was fun, I need some boots again I would do it my mine are lasting. If you can talk to people that have been to that specific one and ask what the good deals are that would be the best.