Lego Stores Black Friday

holly2hottie

I couldn't find a thread on this already- If there is one and this information is already out there, my apologies! Please delete or combine as necesary. :D

I was at the Tommy Hilfiger store at the outlets in Edinburgh, IN this weekend, and the sales associate told me they are opening at 10pm on Thanksgiving this year! I asked her again because I thought all the Chelsea Premium Outlet centers always opened at midnight on BF. She said that because of the huge traffic issues (so much traffic it shuts down the interstate, etc), they are trying to find a way to distribute the flow a little bit. So, as she said "a few of us" (I'm guessing she meant stores) will be opening at 10pm on Thanksgiving. I was surprised by this, and wonder if it might be happening at other Chelsea centers, too, although the company website still says midnight for opening time. I guess the point is that if you are an outlet shopper on BF, you may want to check with the individual stores for their opening times, even though the center website says midnight!

Anyone else heard about this? Is this old news and I'm way out of touch? :tongue1:

I heard the same info at the Converse store located in Philadelphia Premium Outlets that they will open at 10pm. From what I recall last year, several stores decided to open earlier than the advertised "Midnight Madness" (Tommy Hilfiger was one of them). Based on the reaction of the employees at Converse, they were not happy about this decision as their Thanksgiving dinners will be cut short by the earlier opening.

Devil's Advocate: What about if you only go in for a box of bandages or some aspirin and don't need a bag? Do you get the credit?

You keep the little tag on your bag so bring it in with you and scan it anyway. Who cares if you actually stick the merchandise in the bag? They finally got them yesterday at my store!

I have a Hasting's store in the town I live in. I shop in a town that's about 20-25 minutes away though for BF because they have many more stores to choose from. We usually do stop at Hasting's on the way home from the other town when we are done with all our other shopping - probably around 11 AM or so on BF. They don't have great sales necessarily but it is something that we do just because it is on our way. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for and if they have it. I think I bought a couple of newly released disney movies there last year that were at a pretty decent price. I definately don't think I personally would drive an hour away to go there though.

Did you get a big toy catalog or did it look like a thicker flyer that they send out regularly? I got a Christmas Book and it had some toys, but not like I am used to. Maybe what I got is not the true Christmas Toy Book. Can you tell me?

I went to Lego club meeting and I was given next months calendar.

It says Nov. 27: win up to a $500 shopping spree.

Shop in the lego store on November 27 only and you'll recieve a special surprise savings card to reveal a 10%, 20% or 50% discount, or you could win a $10, $100 or $500 Lego gift card!

It would be nice if they offered that online :D.

I PM'ed Brad a couple weeks ago asking this question and he said they do not have a BF sale. :(

We have the combo store TRU/BRU and last year BRU had some stuff in the TRU ad for BF. I was able to purchase a glider w/ottoman on reg. $300, on sale for $125.00. Plus they had diapers, wipes and a few other baby items...sorry, I don't remember everything. If yours is a combo store they may do the same this year.

I PM'ed Brad a couple weeks ago asking this question and he said they do not have a BF sale. :(

Depends on your store. The past two years the BRU by me has had a BF ad - combined with the TRU ad because they are a combo store. Just to be specific that was for the TRU/BRU located in Goodyear, AZ.

BF 2007 they had the huge boxes of store brand diapers for $10 each (at the time they were normally $23 per box). They also had coupons out at the time for those same diapers ($5 off one box if you bought 2). I remember getting in line in the wee hours just to fill up a few shopping carts with diapers. They also at the gerber soaps & lotions on sale (buy one get one) and the baby food (buy one get one half off) was on sale as well. But the sale for BRU really focused on necessities like diapers, soaps, food, wipes, etc. Not so much on gear (like strollers, cribs etc) or on clothing. Man... I had bought so many diapers that BF that I didn't have to buy anymore until Oct. 2008!

Don't make a liar out of me, lol. My exact reply was that they didn't have a dedicted ad, but... "Last year they just had a small 3-4 page insert in the ToysRUs BF ad, but nothing special."

So there! :tongue1:

wow, just saw they have a "play and freeze ice cream ball" on sale for 19.99. I bought one a few weeks ago at marshalls for $3. I thought it was cheap add on to a guft but didn't think it was worth that much?

I've seen these everywhere for under 10$. We bought 2 at 5.99. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw that price.