GottaDEAL 2023 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

I just can't believe this weather! Last week we broke the record high temperature 2 days and today we are cold, windy and snow showers off and on. I was hoping winter was outta here!

I did have a great weekend, though, before it got cold. I won tickets to a concert on Saturday. My son and I saw Aaron Tippin, Collin Raye and Sammy Kershaw. It was a great time!

• Like 3

Made homemade bone meal from the spent bones after making poultry bone broth in the Instant Pot. I’m going to let it sit for about a month see if the meat smell diminishes before I use it when I transplant my tomatoes. First time trying it; we’ll see if it attracts critters to the garden bed.

13164-CD0-88-BE-4-EBD-AAF5-B603-D36875-C

• Like 3

Made homemade bone meal from the spent bones after making poultry bone broth in the Instant Pot. I’m going to let it sit for about a month see if the meat smell diminishes before I use it when I transplant my tomatoes. First time trying it; we’ll see if it attracts critters to the garden bed.

13164-CD0-88-BE-4-EBD-AAF5-B603-D36875-C

Wow. Nice job. Cant wait to see the tomato's 

• Like 1

Good morning everyone!  Checking in for May.  This month I'm having all the feels.  My son is in 8th grade so this month is all the "last time for this" thing in middle school.  Next year is high school!!  So we have 8th grade night tonight at his last home game for baseball.  Next week is 8th grade promotion and awards day.  Then his birthday is also this month so he will be turning 14!  

• Like 2

Happy May!  I'm here for warmer temperatures, if they ever show up with any consistency.  Friday is my middle schooler's first school dance; not sure if he is going or if he and his little friends will want to do something else.  We are done with hockey season (after we won states! woohoo!) and now my youngest is meeting with his goalie coach every Sunday. The oldest is in full swing for soccer season and then tryouts for that will start again at the beginning of June. 

Still working from home, we've passed the 3 year mark for DH and I both to be here. He goes to the office one day a week and I go on a different half day most weeks.  We are so ridiculous that we picked different days to go in so the dogs wouldn't be left here alone for too long!  

We are waiting not-so-patiently for our local waterpark to open up...hoping for a long hot summer!  

• Like 1

Happy May!  Going to be a busy month, between kid coming home from college, kid and hubby going on vacation without me for a week to see his family, gardening, and the usual work and other activities....

Happy May!  Going to be a busy month, between kid coming home from college, kid and hubby going on vacation without me for a week to see his family, gardening, and the usual work and other activities....

Hard to believe it's May. April went by pretty quickly and we definitely don't have May weather. It's windy, cold and rainy with a few snowflakes thrown in for good measure. The outlook for next week is better and only 17 days of school left! Woo hoo!!