Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

Ugh... I totally forgot about $ spot clearance... it was all salvaged as of this morning here.

On a brighter note saw lots of clearance in toys... hope some makes it to 70%.

I thought it odd that there was almost nothing clearanced in baby... I thought that usually went at the same time as toys.

Our store went 70 as well on patio but all the good stuff was gone.  :(  Still had alot of good stuff not marked down at all like in past years but the items I went after were all gone.  All they had left were some chairs and some coffee table thingys.  Oh and umbrellas.  Some marked down, some weren't even on clearance so you really have to look through stuff.

Patio was 70% last night and a bunch of random clearance throughout the whole store (except electronics).  Super hero stationary/party decorations was 70% off and the best score of the evening - $4 Canadian Club Whiskey (70% off)!

Anyone noticing toys clearance?

They were doing some additional first mark downs today in toys, so maybe 2 weeks for the big mark down. I'm out of town both of the next 2 Thursdays, so I am out of luck. I may buy a few things early and try returning them to get the lower price when they put them back out.

They were doing some additional first mark downs today in toys, so maybe 2 weeks for the big mark down. I'm out of town both of the next 2 Thursdays, so I am out of luck. I may buy a few things early and try returning them to get the lower price when they put them back out.I

I looked and last year toys went 70% off on Wed July 25th. This year that Wed falls on July 24th. Do you think they will go 70% on that  day? Are toys usually marked down on wed or thurs?.

Edited by savvybuys

I looked and last year toys went 70% off on Wed July 25th. This year that Wed falls on July 24th. Do you think they will go 70% on that  day? Are toys usually marked down on wed or thurs?.

Ours go on Thursdays, but the principal applies. I think that is the week, yes. I will be leaving on vacation the 24th and returning the 30th, so no toys for me...Except what I buy early. Maybe I will buy multiples and do returns to get what I want...

Ours go on Thursdays, but the principal applies. I think that is the week, yes. I will be leaving on vacation the 24th and returning the 30th, so no toys for me...Except what I buy early. Maybe I will buy multiples and do returns to get what I want...

Well it just won't be the same this year without having you to break down what you found in S. Cali. :( I hope you have a great vacation!

I saw two on an clearance endcap yesterday, but I didn't look at the tags to see what the markdown was.

I saw 2 today too. I think they were in a big blue box. Not sure what the price was but I did see a clearance sticker above them.

I know this is a longshot but I am hoping that one (or more) of you can help me.  I totally dropped the ball and I am a bad mom :(  I know it may seem ridiculous but if anyone bought any of the packages of rainbow glitter party hats by Spritz when they went clearance, can I please, please, please buy them from you?  I will pay for the hats and shipping via paypal.  They are seriously the ONE thing my son asked for his birthday party.  He is turning 3 and we are doing a silly monster theme and he actually said to me (after I suggested it) "mama, that would be so awesome if we put google eyes on the party hats for my party"  Seriously, every single time we saw those hats in the store, he would ask me if that was the day we were going to "take them home and glue google eyes on them"  I had no idea they would be clearanced so quickly.  Just for reference, in all the stores I went to, they were always on an endcap near party and displayed with a bunch of other rainbow themed party goods.  They come in a package of 6 and there is a red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple hat in the package.  They were originally $4.99 and marked down to $1.48.  I am willing to pay more than the 70% off price!!  DCPI is 053 00 0008.  I am seriously begging - please, please help!!!

I just loved reading the beginning part of this post.  Who else remembers the MM juice boxes??

Thanks Andrea. 

That post really should be updated, but I haven't been able to perimeter peruse in several years and a lot has changed since I wrote it.  I don't feel qualified to take it on.