Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

When does the baby clearance typically get marked down again, 1 week or longer after initial discount? I'm eyeing the stroller system still available at another store.

If it goes down again it *should* be on the 12th. :)

Does anyone know when lingerie was marked last, more specifically the nursing bras/camis? They are 50% now so wondering if they will go 70% this Friday or next.

Yeah, I stopped by the store in Azusa, and I clearly missed it there. With hubby home, it is hard to get out this week, so I will take my chances and go around Monday and see what is left. Probably nothing, but I will check around. Our local stores only went on a few things this week. So, so weird. I'm going to be SOL on Legos this time around. Oh well....

Did any of your stores finally move? Target really staggered this sale this year. Many things are still 50% off at my stores.

My Target is apparently still adding toys to the clearance. Some of the 50% went to 70 on random days, and there were some Turbo toys and Cars added to the clearance that I hadn't seen before. Unfortunately the Lego sets were the ones my kids already have (they had monsters at 50%). I wish the galaxy squad sets would have been part of our clearance but they stayed regular price. I grabbed a ton of toys last time I went but figured why not and picked up a couple things: I got a Monsters University Roll-a-scare track set and an Imaginext Battle Arena, and with my $5 gc I earned last time I ended up paying a little under $10 total. Happy camper. Some strange things still at 50% at my store like boys squinkies and gi joe. Time to go 70 on those already.

Do they salvage the toys clearance or do they leave it out until it sells? Will we continue to see price drops on the items that are still at 50?

Wowzers, went to my store that did 70% markdowns late Wednesday afternoon last week.  The entire toy department had been reset and there was only one, yes one endcap, with maybe 10 clearance toys left on it.  I have a *really* hard time believing that allllllll those toys sold in just a week... wondering if they salvaged them last night... guess that's what I get for not going last night.  I can't complain too much b/c I did find legos at 70% last week.

Guess I'm waiting for school and $ spot clearance next.  Would appreciate it if someone posts when they see $ spot clearance & I will do the same.  I think it wasn't until early September last year but not sure.

Edited by boredbread
  • Like 1

"Do they salvage the toys clearance or do they leave it out until it sells? Will we continue to see price drops on the items that are still at 50?"

They might leave it out until it sells or might salvage it.... might continue to see price drops on the 50/30/15% stuff.... or it might get salvaged... I've seen all of the above happen over the last few years. 

Edited by boredbread

Did any of your stores finally move? Target really staggered this sale this year. Many things are still 50% off at my stores.

They all seemed to go today. The local 2 for sure, except for some Creator Legos that only went 50%. The rest went 70%. I decided to go ahead and drive around to a few stores, and they all seemed to have just gone today. Got only 1 or 2 small Lego sets, but found a few other odds and ends like the Spy Net Lie Detector and some Air Hogs helicopters.

Do they salvage the toys clearance or do they leave it out until it sells? Will we continue to see price drops on the items that are still at 50?

They might leave it out until it sells or might salvage it.... might continue to see price drops on the 50/30/15% stuff.... or it might get salvaged... I've seen all of the above happen over the last few years. 

They salvage it after 1-2 weeks and it usually shows up at Goodwill or Big Lots.

Last Wed my target redid the toy area as well... It was way to messy to stay and shop.  I didnt go back until today and there were endcaps with clearance, most 70% off was not marked.  So price check everything.  Had 1 lego set 50% off and some cool Mega block sets 70% too.. and a bunch of other stuff along with 30/50%. 

Sunbeam SNOW CONE Makers... 70% off, the manual were $4.xx and electric were $7.xx.  :) :) :)     Womans jeans were 70% off if you could find any, kinda had to search.  Kids clothes were at 30%, almost nothing in shoes.

Is it safe to say that by 10am most stores will have their markdowns done? I'm sending someone else to check on stroller system tomorrow and don't want a wasted trip, 2 stores still have 1 in stock each.

They don't finish around here till early afternoon, but they do normally get the baby stuff done first, so probably a good bet.

They don't finish around here till early afternoon, but they do normally get the baby stuff done first, so probably a good bet.

Thanks. I have no idea what was going on yesterday but I GOT IT....Originally 99.98 down to 50.04.

I wound up wasting my lunch hour and not getting my extra 5% since my mother had my Target card and she was sure it was the wrong system but it's still another $48 towards gifts :) It wasn't marked so I had a lady working in the department scan and put sticker on it and then once I got to register it was marking up 99.98. I asked for a manager and explained I had just spoken to a rep who scanned it and helped me put in cart so they honored sticker price.

Found some toy stragglers:

087090011 Star Wars 100 pc 3d darth maul puzzle was 4.04 now 1.21

086060386 Barbie Dolls of the World Argentina was 34.99 now 10.48

087021632 Hex Bug Nano starter set was 12.99 now 3.88

088031088 Baden soccer ball that you can color yourself (comes with markers) was 10.49 now 3.14

087070480 XConcepts Nano speed moto meltdown track set was 19.99 now 5.98

These were all on endcaps marked clearance.

Also found:

Jock straps w/cups was 9.99 now 2.98

Footballs were 70% too, but didn't see the basketballs

12 oz method hand soap in "clementine" scent for 1.49 each.  That's 50% off the original price and they were not marked.

Edited by txsupermom

Black star items weren't 50% off here (central AL).  Only the dollar spot summer toys were marked and scanning 50%  :(

Same here... there were only blow up beach balls and blow up arm floaties individually marked down.  There is lots I want in back to school $ spot... can't wait for it to clearance.

There was a bunch of clearance in the "seasonal home stuff aisle" (don't know what to call it.)  Besides that practically no clearance at my store.  Did find soccer balls 70%.

I have to remember to scan the clementine Method hand soap next time I'm in, thanks for the tip :)  There is a buy 3 get 1 free Method cleaning items coupon on target.com.

Edited by boredbread

Have had a hell of a summer moving from PA to MA, and have missed out on all the great deals. (So extremely sad about the Hobbit Legos!!) Now we're finally getting settled in, and I was wondering if anyone had found any sale/clearance+coupon deals for kids/juniors apparel?  I remember finding some great coupons for $$ off jeans and such last year, then combined with the slae/clearance prices they came up next to nothing...anyone come across any such deals this month?!

I was wondering if anyone had found any sale/clearance+coupon deals for kids/juniors apparel?  I remember finding some great coupons for $$ off jeans and such last year, then combined with the slae/clearance prices they came up next to nothing...anyone come across any such deals this month?!

I don't think I've seen any coupons for kids clothes lately, but there is kids clearance at 30/50/70% here, though if one wants the 70% here you usually have to go on markdown day.

Saw beach-type bags and summery women's hats marked down.  Lots down the candle aisle too. 

Edited by boredbread

Found some cute Fruit of the Loom avengers T-shirts 70% off. Also in the bulk section ( I don't know if this is a unique occurrence) I found neutropenia combo pack sunscreen marked down to only $2.56! I don't know what really happened there, because individually each sunscreen retails for around $10 and there were two in each pack plus lip balm

post-160344-0-11561300-1377637472_thumb.jpg

post-160344-0-77120800-1377637487_thumb.jpg

Dollar spot some items were 50%.  I literally just ran in and ran out so didn't even have time to scan.  I'll check back in a day or two to see if 70%.  I hope I can find some of the neutrogena sunscreens too :)

Someone asked about coupons for kids clothes... i got one of the phone text ones for $3 off $10 kids apparel, expires 9/6.

Also, anyone remember if Target marks down on holidays?  Some stuff in baby I have been watching, mostly baby toiletries only at 15%... not sure to go in Monday (Labor day) or Tuesday?

Edited by boredbread