Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2013

Brad

90% here in MN today!  Found foam plates, 90 count - not the 110 count, in the regular aisle.  Dig around.  Got them for .32.  The little jump toys that go around the ankle with a rectangle back, not swirl back, for .79.  RIght beneath those, look for hoola hoops that are "squiggle" and these are .39.  Two packs of Coppertone Water Babies where the bar code ends in a 6, not a 3.  Look in the baby section of the store for these.  Also, Water Babies cream single packs, with a smaller travel size bottle shrink wrapped with it.

Which store did you go to? I went to 3 and could not find any of the copper tone water babies..

Yes, I got your message!  I admit, I forgot to send them with my husband today, but will take care of it over the weekend!  BTW, with your stores, did one go 90% earlier than the other?

Great!  Thank you so, so much!  No, all of our stores went 90% off the same day.  I will say though, 2 of our stores are Super Targets and then we have 3 others that are just regular stores.  The smaller stores (at least in our area) tend to send things to salvage before the larger stores do.  I'm not sure why this is though.

Just wanted to share that we made the pink lemonade cookies from summer clearance today and they actually are fairly good.  I only got 2 boxes because they just didn't sound good to me, but at 18cents each I figured we'd give them a chance.  Wish we had gotten more now.  They taste kind of like sugar cookies with a pink lemonade flavor.

Just wanted to share that we made the pink lemonade cookies from summer clearance today and they actually are fairly good.  I only got 2 boxes because they just didn't sound good to me, but at 18cents each I figured we'd give them a chance.  Wish we had gotten more now.  They taste kind of like sugar cookies with a pink lemonade flavor.

I haven't been to Target in a bit but the Pink Lemonade cake was nice last year.

Has toys moved for anyone? Is it safe to say the markdown is going to happen Thursday of this upcoming week or should I be checking everyday( which I really dont want to do cause its far) just in case? 

I was also hesitant about all these summer flavored cookie mixes so I also only picked up 3 with several still left on the shelves. Glad to know they're fairly good!

Pink Lemonade was great last year. I actually used it for my daughters Pink Tangled(Rapunzel) tea party and all the kids loved the cupcakes and mini cakes I made from them!

I saw some laser pegs toy building sets at 70 but everything else seemed a mix of 30-50. Some lego type sets were 50% off but I passed. No summer to be found although I suspect they just reset the system since I found summer value sunscreen and it rang 7-8.99 but I didn't expect or need anything.

Edited by tinkrbel

Hello,

I discovered this forum a short time ago and everyone seems so friendly. It's good to know that I am not the only one out stalking the aisles and making twice daily Target rounds. OK, down to business.

I have also been keeping an eye on toys and am surprised that they haven't gone to 70% yet. Has anyone else seen the special edition Xbox 360's they are marking down? They are "Gears of War 3" and "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" bundles. I believe they are marking these down because the new Xbox is launching this fall.

Anyway, these bundles come with the 320 GB xbox, and either the "Gears" or "Call of Duty" game, two controllers, and a headset. They originally sell for $299.99. I have seen some marked down to $209.99 and a few to $149.99. (They are still $329 on amazon!!) These would make a great  present for someone that's been wanting a 360. I do have to warn you that the games that come with these are rated "M" so if it's for a younger child you could just hold onto the game or trade it in at gamestop. These are in the Kansas City metro area.

Edited by MrsFreesmon

Hello,

I discovered this forum a short time ago and everyone seems so friendly. It's good to know that I am not the only one out stalking the aisles and making twice daily Target rounds. OK, down to business.

I have also been keeping an eye on toys and am surprised that they haven't gone to 70% yet. Has anyone else seen the special edition Xbox 360's they are marking down? They are "Gears of War 3" and "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" bundles. I believe they are marking these down because the new Xbox is launching this fall.

Anyway, these bundles come with the 320 GB xbox, and either the "Gears" or "Call of Duty" game, two controllers, and a headset. They originally sell for $299.99. I have seen some marked down to $209.99 and a few to $149.99. (They are still $329 on amazon!!) These would make a great  present for someone that's been wanting a 360. I do have to warn you that the games that come with these are rated "M" so if it's for a younger child you could just hold onto the game or trade it in at gamestop. These are in the Kansas City metro area.

I noticed that they put a price cut on the black Xbox 360 as well. This is probably because they just released a redesign of the 360 that is even smaller. I wouldn't be surprised to see the "old" 360's go on clearance sometime soon, not only at Target, but at many stores. If anyone here is looking for one in the near future, I'd really keep an eye out.

I got a ton of toys tonight for my guys! My store was at 50%-70% so I went for it. I got $308 worth of toys for $137 and got a $5 gift card at the checkout with a coupon I got in the mail. I put a huge dent in my christmas shopping! Got Legos, Hotwheels, Star Wars, Trash Pack, Monsuno, G.I. Joe, playdoh, Spider-Man stuff, board games, transformers, a Gak factory thing, power rangers, and a few things I know I'm forgetting. So glad I went tonight! A lot of bare shelves already.

I got a ton of toys tonight for my guys! My store was at 50%-70% so I went for it. I got $308 worth of toys for $137 and got a $5 gift card at the checkout with a coupon I got in the mail. I put a huge dent in my christmas shopping! Got Legos, Hotwheels, Star Wars, Trash Pack, Monsuno, G.I. Joe, playdoh, Spider-Man stuff, board games, transformers, a Gak factory thing, power rangers, and a few things I know I'm forgetting. So glad I went tonight! A lot of bare shelves already.

I also pulled the trigger on toys today. The Hot Wheels are hit and miss with some stores at 50% and others at 70%. I almost have an entire set of Power Ranger Hot Wheels though! Looks like daily Target runs this week *Sigh* I also picked up smaller sets of individual power ranger mega block figure for 50% but the larger sets are still at 50%. Also, found several varieties of Hex Bug Ants for 70%. My little one has been asking for these for awhile. I don't get it, but can't go wrong for around $2 each.

Hey Jakesmommy403, did the toys go on 50-70% in a day other than Thursday or did you get lucky by finding these toys over the weekend? I checked today and everything is the same, as far as discounts. One thing that I did notice in the toy section, is that items that had no signs of being discounted, (the typical 15%, then 30% stickers) were put on clearance at 50%. Of course, being Legos big boxes; they disappeared quickly. Has anyone experienced this? Or could this be the store I checked on? I am really looking for the big Star Wars sets, at 50% off, of course. 

Thanks Shorch! I made some great purchases yesterday...sooo much so it took some seat arranging to get it all in the car:

030091384 EvenFlo Fast Fold Travel System Santa Fe $99.98 

030091365 Graco My Ride 70 Cobvertible Seat $79.98

030040030 Samsung Audio Monitor- set of 2 $26.98

030040958 Summer Infant Rest Napper $14.98 

030092455 Fisher Price Rock n Play $29.98 

030100082 Infantino? Pop n Swap $14.98

030101265 or 6 Nonster toys $4.94   pink girl monster or yellow boys(lullaby+other effects)

030050764 Fresh 50 pack squeeze containers $11.88 

Checked a close store today and they were marking the bulk of toys down to 50% off. Tuesday? Weird. So I am thinking no 70% markdown this Thursday at this one store. Has anyone seen any markdowns in Toys on a Tuesday?

Edited by savvybuys

Thanks Shorch! I made some great purchases yesterday...sooo much so it took some seat arranging to get it all in the car:

030091384 EvenFlo Fast Fold Travel System Santa Fe $99.98

030091365 Graco My Ride 70 Cobvertible Seat $79.98

030040030 Samsung Audio Monitor- set of 2 $26.98

030040958 Summer Infant Rest Napper $14.98

030092455 Fisher Price Rock n Play $29.98

030100082 Infantino? Pop n Swap $14.98

030101265 or 6 Nonster toys $4.94 pink girl monster or yellow boys(lullaby+other effects)

030050764 Fresh 50 pack squeeze containers $11.88

Awesome finds! My store had the pop and swap attachment toys but not the actual thing. It looks super fun. I like that the attachments can be used on a carseat as well.

Awesome finds! My store had the pop and swap attachment toys but not the actual thing. It looks super fun. I like that the attachments can be used on a carseat as well.

I was actually reading the reviews a couple of minutes ago (on Target) while finding pics of everything for coworkers to look at and it sounds AMAZING. I don't have kids and was in a rush so picked it up thinking it would be a fun/simple tummy time toy for newborn xmas gift but review says it has music and all sorts :)