Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

Just FYI to all those that have purchased the Halloween Funetti cake mixes -- the sprinkles are actually IN the cake mix instead of being in a separate packet. I don't know why they do this, but the Christmas funetti cake mixes always have the sprinkles in a separate packet, and the Halloween ones are always mixed in already. My kids don't care about having Halloween colors in them at odd times of the year, but I was thinking you could use a sifter and try to separate them out.

So sorry i didnt catch it, but can someone briefly fill me in on the mac n cheese??

Look for the boxed mac n cheese with a pumpkin on it. It was located right next to sponge bob, madagascar and spiderman. They are not marked so If people are not aware of this... there will be some left. Out of three stores near me... only 2 had any and together I got about 18 boxes... which I share with my co worker who has 4 teenagers! Good Luck.

The goldfish I have looked for never saw any packages that looks like halloween. The hostess stuff which too me is clearly halloween is regular price.

Just FYI to all those that have purchased the Halloween Funetti cake mixes -- the sprinkles are actually IN the cake mix instead of being in a separate packet. I don't know why they do this, but the Christmas funetti cake mixes always have the sprinkles in a separate packet, and the Halloween ones are always mixed in already. My kids don't care about having Halloween colors in them at odd times of the year, but I was thinking you could use a sifter and try to separate them out.

That is weird. Funny thing, though, my son actually said he wanted me to put them in this time. I was only able to get 2, so it all works out. Could probably have sifted them out if necessary.

Anyone find 90% yet?

90% off at my store. I was all alone for about 20 minutes! I got the last 4 of those blackish lamposts with the flicker lights. $5.00! Got some door curtain lights, those little pinecone looking lights, costumes, tshirts, boxers, sleep pants, lite-up gloves, baby sleepers, bibs, etc... Candy is still at 50% off! Ridiculous!

Just FYI to all those that have purchased the Halloween Funetti cake mixes -- the sprinkles are actually IN the cake mix instead of being in a separate packet.

crud..now I feel bad. there was a lady there when we picked up 5 or 6 packs and we told her it was separately packaged.

halloween at 90% candy still at 50% but individual candies ring up 90%. I got some 2 pack snickers and butterfinger pumpkins, my m&m's had been cleared and were sitting in a markdown cart watched by employees. I did manage to get some craft kits and gummy treats.

I'm annoyed with Target and will be contacting the standards office. They do not have anything marked "no returns" and would not take back 2 things. They also refused to sell me a Carter's 1st year sleeper clearly stating "my 1st halloween" at 90% since it was coming up regular price and matching bib and all other halloween stuff WAS 90% off. they claimed it was seasonal and would be reduced next week. THEN they limited my coupons to 4 when they did not mention any limit other than 1 per item.

It was 90% off here as well. I was happy because the sign still said 70% off so people were looking at me funny when I was filling my cart. So I told one lady it's really 90% off and she looked at me like I was crazy. I didn't have time to see if she ended up believing me and see if she was scanning things or not. I found four boxes of the Krave Halloween packs... $.44 each!

Guess I wont bother to go then

Yeah, I was surprised and bummed. Nothing left in Duarte, anyway, they have all the Christmas out, even the small toys that are on the wall that is usually full of Halloween candy. Pasadena has those light up signs for the window that I want, but nothing else. East Pasadena has a TON of the largest bags of candy, though, so if you need that, it is the place to go. They also have an entire endcap of the cereals. So if you are in this way, it could be worth it tomorrow. They all said tomorrow would be the day.

a worker (not even the one I was talking to) said no 90% but I know better. They said that for valentine's day so I didn't show up first thing in the morning and my stash for next year is so small. I get the small little toys for goodie bags for DD class. They appreciate it so much! Dropping DD off at school at 8 am and then to Target!

In Indpls, my Target was 90% off Halloween decor, crafts, costumes, etc. Not sure if it went yesterday or not, but still had a decent amount left. I did find the theater boxes of M&Ms for 10 cents, and the bags of nerds and pixie sticks (Wonka brand) were 70% off. Didn't try scanning anything else. Was happy to get some cheap candy that should last until next Halloween (except for those M&Ms!) They're going in our office! =)

Yesterday one out of three stores in my area was 90%, the others were only 70%. The 90% store had a decent amount of stuff left so I was able to get some pet items and decorations for next year. There were a lot of clothing items, food items, and kids' costumes. Not too many adult costumes, lights, or decor items. It was fun digging through the boxes and return carts for treasures - there was a metal dolly with boxes on it abandoned in the aisle ready for digging. Dollar Spot was GONE, couldn't find one item at all three stores. The 70% stores had nothing left I wanted so I won't bother to recheck today. I was not interested, but was told Halloween Mac n Cheese was ringing up 19 cents and Boo-Berry, Frankenberry et al was around 39 cents. Also got some cute dog toys for the shelter for 50 cents each (spray paint can, newspaper, wedding cake, cheer horn, flower, handcuff rope toy, champagne bottle, etc - these are "accessories" for the dog costumes).

Well, that was fun! I don't know if my stores went 90% yesterday or today. It didn't look like there was much left, but I dug through it at 2 stores and found lots of goodies. I spent about $38 (with my 5% redcard) for about $400 worth of merchandise - gotta love that!

For next Halloween:

Jive'n Jack (motion activated, singing jack-o-lantern) $3

Craft kits: lighted paint-your-own pumpkin, paper eyeball lantern, bat tree .59-1.79

Make-up, costumes & accessories, pumpkin decorating kits

For Christmas:

Candy: Carmel apple candy corn (DD loves flavored candy corn), cotton candy (my kids won't care about the spider theme), ring-pop-type things with vampire lips (These work year-round, thank you Twilight!)

'Gingerbread' Village - $1 I'll take out the Halloween-themed decorations to use on the .38 Funfetti mix and use Christmas-looking candies to make this a Christmas Village. I love that each kid gets to add a house!

Wilton Decorating candy -black colored, cherry flavored licorice .37 (this rang up full price, but there were several in the 90% section and the cashier honored it)

'Poison' & 'Venom' treat sacks .20-.50: I'm using the bigger ones as gift sacks for giving local brews to non-local relatives. I also picked up some smaller ones to hold candy, snacks, and a movie for the kids and random cousins.

Hair accessories - Pink & Purple braided hairbands, Purple "hair" on a barette w/ a monster-high-type skull

Fuzzy Slipper Socks

For now:

Funfetti Cake mix (w/ decorations from gingerbread village kit)

Orange Decorating icing (there was a lot of green, but it was full price)

'Halloween' Sprinkles (one is Halloweeny, the other is not so much)

4x boy's t-shirts .69 ("This is my costume", white w/ vampire teeth, orange w/ 'torn' claw marks, black w/ a sea monster? face)

'Thor' boys stocking hat $1

4-pack glitter .20?

Googly eyes (supposedly for decorating pumpkins) .20?

Paint set .20? (Also supposed to be for pumpkins, but I think we'll use it on Lowe's Build n Grow stuff; the kids always want to paint them.)

Slightly off topic: I picked up adult costumes for my oldest this time. I paid $3 for a Indian Princess dress and $4 for a Wizard of Oz (Dorothy) dress. Both look just as flimsy as the one-time-use children's costumes we normally use. Does anyone actually pay $30-$40 for these? That seems outragous to me!

All Halloween including candy 90% here, except dollar spot was salvaged before it went lower than 70%.

My only good "find" today was Hot Wheels 5-pack hanging in regular toys. It says "Halloween 5-Pack" on the bottom on a purple strip which isn't too obvious, but if you look at the pack from the sides it is orange and obviously halloween-y for 49 cents.

Also got the halloween version of gingerbread houses for 99 cents... will just decorate with more christmasy colors.

thanksgiving dollar spot was 50% (can't remember the color dot)

thanksgiving dollar spot was 50% (can't remember the color dot)

I think it was Orange....target had halloween marked at 50% when I bought the 90% stuff yesterday and they were tossing thanksgiving stuff into same aisle, thankfully I scanned before getting to checkout.

90% off at my Target (Lake Elsinore)... not alot left, 4 endcaps and a rolling rack with costumes. Candy is gone except for candy corn/pumpkin, m&m reg. harvest bags and small invd. candy. I didnt go Wed and didnt get there yesterday till late night, so I dont know when the store changed over. I ended up with some dress up clothes and indiv. pop rings for birthday coming up, and a few other odds and ends.

Went to yet another store yesterday and it was 90% but only signed 70% so I was able to snag a few cute things (hello, adorable mercury glass skulls!). Still no sign of any Halloween Dollar Spot, guess it was salvaged. Come to think of it, I didn't even see any Thanksgiving/Fall Dollar Spot, it was ALL Christmas/Holiday.

Also, it seems the Dollar Spot "premium" items went up to $3.00 (from $2.50).

I have been continually checking the clearance end caps and finding some decent stuff for Christmas presents! I seem to recall in years past there was virtually no clearance after BTS/garden (other than Halloween/fall stuff), but I've done OK this year for some reason. I've found you have to pounce on bargains quickly, as they seem to be salvaging sooner for most items. Well, except for those stupid Shops at Target items that have been hanging around FOREVER!

There are some super cute shirts in the toddler boys section that say Super Hero on them and have a little cape velcroed on the back that I found at two stores ringing up 90% off. They are with some other character shirts. I also found skeleton zip up hoodies, Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown shirts, and Angry Bird shirts all ringing up 90%. Somebody also mentioned some themed beanies mixed in with the winter hats ringing 90%, but I didn't find those in downtown Minneapolis when I looked.

After reading the forum today I decided to go to Target on my lunch break. I did well:

Baby Bib: $0.39 (was $3.99)

Frebreze Set and Refresh: Clearance for $1.54 - $1.00 coupon = $0.54 (not sure of regular price)

Glade Air Freshener: Clearance for $1.48 = $1.00 coupon = $0.48 (not sure of regular price)

Starburst Jelly Bean Boxes $1.49 (was $4.99)

Kool Aid, 5 pack: $0.21 (Was $0.70)

Kraft Mac and Cheese: 11 boxes at $0.12 each (yep, I cleared the shelf. I have two teenagers at home. These were in the regular food section, in front of the Christmas mac and cheese)

Mini Cupcake Cups: $0.19 (was $1.99)

2 Cup Cake Cups and Picks: $0.19 each (Were $1.99 each)

Plus 5% off with my Target Debit Card.

The big boxes of Halloween Gold Fish were on the shelf but they were ringing up full price.