Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

Our Target's shelves are almost bare in the Halloween section, so I didn't get any cereal or food items. I did score some great stuff though! Thanksgiving cups and kids placemats for 50% off, a costume for ds3 for next year and a doggie costume for 70% off, and some odds and ends like tablecloths, pens, party favors, and coffee mugs for 70% off. Very happy! There's nothing left at ours now but the candy at 50% off.

So the thought is that Target won't stick to 7 days until 90%? Trying to figure out if I should hoof it up to my store or not. I will be watching for the West Coasters to post:).

I don't think so this year. This is MOO,but I actually think one of my stores went 70% Friday (maybe afternoon) because it was a MESS first thing yesterday (Sat) but still a lot left. If that was the case,then the "3 day rule" didn't apply. I really think it depends on when the holiday occurs. Since Halloween was on a Wednesday,then having the 70% off sale during the high volume weekend,they might figure they have got about as much profit out of it as they can and now it is time to get it out of there so they can totally reset for Christmas.

All of that area is already Christmas except for the couple of aisles left of Halloween.

I will be there at one store at opening and if it is 90% then I will do my shopping then head to one further away. If not,I will wait another day. I'm not out anything but my time and the sales are always worth the wait for me :)

I wasn't totally impressed with what was left yesterday so I got everything I really wanted. Funny how something you wouldn't buy at 70% off will immediately go into your cart when it's 90% off!

I am a Kindergarten aide and also head buyer for a charity so I am always looking for the best deals (as are we all!).

I bought 48 packages of the double thick glow sticks today for our 4th of July glow pool party!!!

Ours is super duper strange too...purple dot dollar spot was 70% (yes that extra 5 KILLS ME!) there are some thanksgiving stuff in there so make sure to check it out :D

Candy was 30%

everything else was 50%

And I found the mega box of Gold Fish (reg 6.99) and it scanned full price :( I didn't feel like fighting it so I left it there...

I did get some of the 2pk Kleenex for 50% off and the glow sticks but thats it..I told my kids we dont' buy anything until its cheaper then 50% Especially because they had TOOOOOONS left!

And boo berry cereal rang up full price too!!

That 5% bugs me too! It was so easy to figure out the price in my head when it was "half of half-off".

I got a box of BooBerry at Walgreen's on 11/1 for $1.50 and thought it would be a treat for my kids,but none of them liked it (????). I saw where folks HOARD the 3 flavors and they go for big money on ebay and the like.

I didn't see any left at Target yesterday and none today at Wags.

I hope you get some!

I bought 4 boxes at regular price!!!!!....my kids and I all love the boo berry and the pink one but nobody will eat the count chocula :P

Glad you got some BooBerry and Frankenberry!

I think with all the other chocolate cereals (Cocoa Puffs,Chocolate Rice Krispies,etc.),that Count Chocula isn't as unique,but where else can you find blueberry flavored cereal????!!!!!

Went to the "further" Target tonight right before closing, and I'm so glad I did. Found a bunch more Mac and Cheese, got about 15 more, there were at least 10 more left. My daughter came home from college this weekend and took some of what I got last week, and I have 2 teenage boys, one of which eats an entire box in a sitting...

Also found some pretty picture frames, off-white and turquoise with glitter, in the clearance, 70% off. I just took some pictures of my kids this weekend, and 2 were wearing turquoise!

Went to 3 Targets... each one different! Dollar spot at all were 70%. Costumes and accessories at all were 70%. One store had an aisle FULL of dog costumes... thought that was wierd. Now for the food and candy: Candy was 50%. the food was all over the place... one store had the cereal at reg. price where the others at 50%. Cake mixes, Oreos, fruit roll ups and marshmellows were all betwen 50-70%, depended what store you were at. Im going tomorrow morning to see if it went 90 or not... not sure, cause our stores just went 70 today.

All of my stores were already about reset for Christmas as of yesterday, with all Halloween jumbled into one isle, so I predict 90% off today, or straight to salvage...as one store seems to have the tenancy to do. One store went to 70% off on Friday, while the rest were 50% off. However, candy at all stores stayed at 30% off through yesterday, and as someone else said, food was all over the place. At one store I got Halloween Cliff & Lucky charm bars for 70% off, while they were 50% at another store, and only 30% at another.

Everything except candy was 70% off at my store yesterday and much to my surprise, there were still about 25 packs of papertowels left! I got a few and one pack of napkins. I was the only one shopping at 8:00. Everything else was pretty picked over, but I did get a cake-pop pan and two sets of mixes (caramel apple and s'mores). I also got the Halloween gingerbread village. I plan to make it for Christmas (I'll just buy some Christmas-y candy and use that instead of the candy corn and such).

I was surprised at the fact that there was NO outdoor decor left at my store. Most years there are 10-20 big light-up things left at 90% off, but I guess people were feeling festive this year.

Since my store just went to 70% yesterday I'm guessing it will be a couple of days before it hits 90% off.

Malvern, PA store still at 70% Halloween, but went to 50% candy today. Not much left in Halloween I wanted, but lots of kids costumes are there. Pillsbury Halloween funetti cake mixes rang up $0.38 though, so I got 2, used my $1 off coupon from the Target site, and got them for FREE! (Of course since they ended up less than the coupon, the receipt only says -$0.76 for the $1 coupon.) looked for M & M's to use my other coupon on, but none left. Purple dot rang up INF - and there was an associate pulling stuff, so I left it - got enough the other day anyway.

Not sure about other stores, but ours has a whole rack of halloween tshirts in the boys department. They are part of the halloween sale, but not marked and not moved. Orange one with a fishy monster, white one with a bunch of those fang teeth on it, one that looks like a beast ripped it open and one that says this is my halloween costume. Found M&Ms still at the checklanes. :-)

I was surprised at the fact that there was NO outdoor decor left at my store. Most years there are 10-20 big light-up things left at 90% off, but I guess people were feeling festive this year.

My stores never got any good outdoor decorations. I bought a wrought iron arch years ago that's my favorite (says "Welcome" on top and has orange/purple lights all over with hanging spiders) and two years ago they had these light up jack-o-lantern totem poles that were neat. I kept hoping to see something worthy of stalking, but no luck here:( Maybe next year.

Anyone in DFW area see 90% off on Halloween yet? I'm thinking middle of week.

I managed to get a case of bounty napkins at 70% on Saturday at nearest store. hit other store and it was still 50%. got some larabars and saw a few with gummy snacks on a register end cap today but still 70% hoping tomorrow is the day. wasn't really worth driving to other stores since they have a few kids costumes but not much else but I tried anyhow this morning. since they're all 70 now I'm hoping tomorrow is the day wasn't it supposed to be 70 for 2-3 days?

Boo Hoo. Still 70% off today with candy 50%. Back again tomorrow. I did find 20 of the 2pk Puffs tissues. They must have found some in the back. So I did get all of those for myself, my sister, my son and my moms house. I think they were .89 which is a really good deal. Dollar spot gone and resetting for Christmas.

50% off Halloween and candy (consolidated into a shopping cart) at 30% off. Phooey. I did get 100 ct orange, green and multi-colored Halloween lights at $1.05 each. Tons of Boo Berry cereal and Funfetti cupcake mix w/sprinkles. Didn't check prices on those.

My stores didn't go 90% today but even better; the food stuff was 70% and I made a huge score!

I hit my closest store at opening and saw that candy had gone to 50% and the rest was 70.

I had just come from Walgreens and their candy was 75% so I bought all my candy there! :yup:

I found some marshmallows for .35 (at Target) and bought a tiny bit else but then headed to one further away and that's where I found my best deals.

I got 2 cases of the Pirate's Booty for $2.39 (I think it was) each!

In the grocery endcaps,I found bags and bags of something called Halloween Mix-corn chips,pretzels and candy corn (sounds gross to me,but kids aren't too picky) and also some Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Sticks and those all were .59.

I bought some Cake Pop mix (S'Mores),Spiced Chai and Hot Chocolate mixes all for 70% off.

I was really happy with my shopping trips today and there really is nothing left at Target I want even at 90%,so I think I am done.

Hoping everyone gets their holiday deals!

:)

I think I scored at my Targets. Everything was still at 70% off except for candy at 50% (not much candy left). I got the Mac n Cheese for .36 a box, booberry and frakenberry for .78 box plus buy 5 get $2 off!!!!!!!! Lets just say... we have cereal and macNcheese for a longggg time! I also had gotten Little Mermaid and a tinker at 70% off yesterday and today found the disney mermaid wig! :) I probably wont go back for 90%... Im super content with my purchases. Dollar spot all salvaged never went to 90%. Will check wahlgreens for candy... I have a birthday pinata coming up!

QUESTION???? A girl at the check out stated that she wasnt suppose to (but would anyway)... ring up my 5 cereals and check me out. Then scan 5 more and use my coupon... again a few times. Is this correct? I was breaking up my purchases... and using a new coupon every time? Anyone know? Because after that It kinda freaked me out when I went to the next target.. which the checker didnt have a problem with it. I just wasnt putting all my seperate orders on the belt at once.

QUESTION???? A girl at the check out stated that she wasnt suppose to (but would anyway)... ring up my 5 cereals and check me out. Then scan 5 more and use my coupon... again a few times. Is this correct? I was breaking up my purchases... and using a new coupon every time? Anyone know? Because after that It kinda freaked me out when I went to the next target.. which the checker didnt have a problem with it. I just wasnt putting all my seperate orders on the belt at once.

It would depend on what coupon reads. We don't eat that sugary stuff so didn't think to look for coupons. I think the more common thing is no more than 4 like coupons but maybe that one reads different?

It would depend on what coupon reads. We don't eat that sugary stuff so didn't think to look for coupons. I think the more common thing is no more than 4 like coupons but maybe that one reads different?

she didnt even read the coupon... and she was nice about it BUT "said it". Yea we dont eat that surgery stuff very often either... and I usually mix it with plain cherios... but that was such a sweet deal... Im gonna have to get creative with cereal. lol oh the coupon would come out with my receipt.

Edited by cutexianchick
add on

I do different transactions on things in categories because my accountant is picky... I have a hard time believing this is true.. I do know my target only allows 4 of the same coupon per transaction but I have broken them up before when I have lots of buzz coupons without any issues :)

Mine was still 70% and candy at 50 but I scored m&ms with target coupon and the sour patch target coupon work on the individual wrapped Halloween package!!!! I also scored 33 m&ms, peanut m&ms and mike an Ike theater boxed candy for 0.30! I was happy with that! I also got the gingerbread village to do at Christmas (2.99) they are still refusing to mark down the very clearly Halloween goldfish at my store :(

One find I got that nobody has mentioned is the 2pk boxer briefs in he men's dept... These fit very similar to American eagle boxer briefs and my teenager will wear them... The ones on sale are the orange/ black skulls pack and the solid black/ black and gray skulls pack. Mine were unmarked in men's regular section. 3.xx ( regular 11.99)