Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

Target has Zebra lava lamps??? DD14 is getting a room makeover for combo Bday/Xmas and she wants Zebra. Darn I can't get to Target until Thursday... I wonder if mine has any. DO you have the DCPI # and site where I can check and see if my Target has it. Please

My daughter got a zebra lava lamp today and got home and it didn't work, we had bought one as a gift and made the dreaded text...sure enough their didn't work either!! :( So embarrassed. Gonna take them both back next week....DD wants it BAAAAAAAAAAAD though so I am going to take them to service desk and plug them all in until we find one that works hopefully.

I thought I'd post because I know alot of you bought the ones a few weeks ago that were marked down...if you haven't already CHECK THEM before its too late!!

Not much new in markdowns today, which was expected since I was just there yesterday :/

Target has Zebra lava lamps??? DD14 is getting a room makeover for combo Bday/Xmas and she wants Zebra. Darn I can't get to Target until Thursday... I wonder if mine has any. DO you have the DCPI # and site where I can check and see if my Target has it. Please

Yes be right back, its zebra with pink lava and clear liquid..

Ahhh, Halloween. The one time of year that all of the random things I got at 90% off and use around the house year round (cups/bowls/plates/napkins) make sense.

--Said to myself this morning as I poured a bowl of cereal into a jack-o-lantern bowl.

So true as I grabbed some Halloween paper towels this morning.....:)

While I was waiting on prescriptions last night I walked around target. I did not see much but if anyone is interested there was a DS for 84.00 Did not look too close but I think it was only the black. If anyone is looking for one it might be worth watching. Chesapeake Target at Hilcrest

All Haloween PaperGoods were at. 50% off I had some high value coupons on the bounty napkins so scored big there. I also got the solo cups with lids. As for candy it was only 30% I got some sprinkles and what not but will go back in a few days to see if it goes to 50 or 70%

So Saturday/ Sunday for 70% most likely? I am being good and holding off until then :)

I was thinking maybe Sunday as well, I'm hoping I can still get some stuff. But people were at both my stores grabbing all the food, which is what I'm after, so I got what I really wanted, then anything else would be a bonus!

Literally an entire aisle of Halloween paper towels at my store. Yay! I got 2 packs. Because wouldn't it be awesome if everyone just got 2 packs and there would still be a half-aisle of them left at 70% off? But no, people have to get 20 packs of them. Seriously...I can't even enjoy these clearances anymore because my blood boils when I see ladies with literally 20 of EVERYTHING in her cart. 20 packs of paper towels, 20 napkins, 20 Hefty bags, 20 paper plates, 5 cases of pirate booty, 20 cake mixes....every single thing she had taken 2 years' worth. I bought 4packs of napkins last year and I STILL have a pack and I have a family of four. No one needs 20 packs of napkins! Ugh. Thank goodness I got there at 8:15 so that I could get 2 of each thing I wanted.

Sorry....I don't mean to offend anyone and I know that there are people who buy for charities or what-not, but it just makes me so mad when people clear the shelves. Especially at 50% off. Come on, people...if we all just waited 3 days before we had to fill up our carts, we would all save MORE money!! I mean, if you find an aisle of paper towels at 90% off then by all means...buy enough for 3 years. But at 50% off it's not THAT good of a deal anyway.

I didn't even look at anything else, as I don't buy decor or costumes until they are at least 70% off. But I managed to get a box of Clif Bars, a case of Pirate Booty, 2 boxes of Hefty sandwich bags, and some Puffs (in addition to the paper towels).

Sara, I SO agree with you!! I have been a clearance finder for YEARS.....way way before it became "trendy" and all these blogs and forums. I did it out of necessity when I was a stay at home mom with 5 kids and a hubby making less than $20000 per year. I am now a single mom on an even more limited income and when all these folks who have the money to buy up aisles worth of stuff at half off come on the scene, it RUINS it for those of us who actually NEED to buy on clearance!!!

People should use a bit of discretion and SHARE!!!!! These folks are greedy in my opinion and though some may give to charities, I truly believe most of them are doing something else....such as reselling perhaps?!! It is really TOOO bad!!

How do we know these people don't NEED the items? They could be teachers or work at a day care center and use the items for those things.

We don't know. But we do know that there is a limited number if items to share amongst all of the people who need/want them, so one person buying out the whole department (regardless of whether they can use the items) is still selfish. Bottom line. We teach our kids to take only their fair share of Halloween candy from the bowl, so we should live by those same standards, even if we CAN use 20 packs of napkins. If I use 20 packs of napkins, then there are 9 people out there who don't get to use 2 packs of napkins.

I know, I know...it's a free country and everyone is free to fill their carts. I am not saying that there should be rules against it and I'm not saying that there aren't people out there who are donating items to those in need or people who work at a daycare or people with a family of 25 to feed. It's just that I'm thinking MOST people filling their carts to excess are just greedy. And it just takes all of the fun out of it.

I also know that we have this discussion/argument every time this sale roles around and I know there are different opinions here. It has just gotten so much worse, at least at my store, and it is frustrating. I used to be one of those people that bought 10 of the things I wanted thinking I would use them year round, but I had to step back and think about how much I really NEEDED and also about the fact that there are lots of other people who need those things, too. I'm a reformed shelf-clearer. :)

Goldfish all gone:( but did get the granola with chocolate, fruit roll ups, fruit gummies, disposable coffee cups, napkins, halloween hefty quart zip bags, etc.

Candy was 30% but the boxed "theater" candies were 50% along with willy wonka candy.

FYI: Walmart had all their candy 50% off. One of the only times I will shop at Walmart is the day after Halloween so I can stock up on candy for the holidays (teacher gifts, etc.). Huge selection of candy that didn't have any Halloween motif. Also got boxes of Keebler cookies (20 bags per box) for 3.25 each. Expires August 2013.

I got paper plates!!! I never find any left so I'm super excited! I stopped at two stores, one had a mess of napkins the other had plates and paper towels. Tons of costumes but I learned my lesson last year with that. I had bought 3 at 70% off for DD12, she didn't want to wear any of them this year and I forked out $40 for a new one.

After seeing those without power on the east coast, I'm thinking of stocking up on glowsticks to line hallways and stairs with at night. Has anyone seen glowsticks on clearance with the Halloween items? And does anyone know how long they remain viable left in a bag unused?

After seeing those without power on the east coast, I'm thinking of stocking up on glowsticks to line hallways and stairs with at night. Has anyone seen glowsticks on clearance with the Halloween items? And does anyone know how long they remain viable left in a bag unused?

A friend of mine bought a bunch at the $1 spot, but they only lasted about 2 hours! Not sure how old they were, but I would assume the longer you hold onto them, the less likely they'll be any good.

Paper towels were all gone at both Targets I stopped at today (including the "world's largest Target in Otsego, MN) but I did score by getting black solo cups and black silverware. My stepdaughter graduates in May and her school colors are black and red. Yay!

Paper towels were all gone at both Targets I stopped at today (including the "world's largest Target in Otsego, MN) but I did score by getting black solo cups and black silverware. My stepdaughter graduates in May and her school colors are black and red. Yay!

My daughter graduates in May, colors are black and orange, been doing the same thing LOL

You'd be better off getting some flameless candles. I bought a flameless jar candle with a timer at Younkers last March (possibly April but I think it was March). I run it 6 hrs everyday on the timer and it's still going on the same set of batteries! That would probably be a better investment.