Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

This is the first year in about 20 years that I was NOT at Target when it opened this morning. I decided to sleep since I'm usually up until 4:00 or 5:00 am. I did get a phone call (politics *sigh*) at 9:30 so I went over there then. They still had everything I wanted! I just came back from there again (7:30PM) and I'm really, really surprised with all the lights they have left. Not all the regular LED's but lots of the deco ones (tin owls, LED tiny ghosts, spiders, etc...) They are NEVER there more than a few hours. There was half an aisle left. I find that really confusing and a little concerning. On the other hand most of the little packaged give out toys were gone. I guess this just wasn't a big year for lights or people just didn't like the styles.

I am one of the people that will buy lots of something that I know I will use. I'm stocked up on Kleenex, foil, etc... but I would always get paper towels if they are available. I use them all year long and they don't go bad so if I'm there and there are some left I'll grab a dozen. I would do the same thing for trash bags. Everything else I wouldn't take that many of. I do shop for lots of people (my best friend has 9 kids) and lots of charities. If someone asks me for something I have alot of I will give them one. If someone is deperately looking for something and I have multiples I will give them one. I do share but I also get alot. So remember that when you see someone with a cartful-they might be sharing! :) I don't like the re-salers coming in and scooping everything up though. That is dis-heartening. I've seen it happen many times. And it's really low when people take stuff out of your cart when you are not looking!

haha we ate on "dollar spot 90% brown Thanksgiving plates" last night since we finally ran out of halloween plates, we still have orange cups though :D

LOL! We use Halloween napkins year round. I buy them on clearance and store the in the basement.

After seeing those without power on the east coast, I'm thinking of stocking up on glowsticks to line hallways and stairs with at night. Has anyone seen glowsticks on clearance with the Halloween items? And does anyone know how long they remain viable left in a bag unused?

Yep, dollar spot. Bought them there a few times.

Edited by lovetoshopCA

Literally an entire aisle of Halloween paper towels at my store. Yay! I got 2 packs. Because wouldn't it be awesome if everyone just got 2 packs and there would still be a half-aisle of them left at 70% off? But no, people have to get 20 packs of them. Seriously...I can't even enjoy these clearances anymore because my blood boils when I see ladies with literally 20 of EVERYTHING in her cart. 20 packs of paper towels, 20 napkins, 20 Hefty bags, 20 paper plates, 5 cases of pirate booty, 20 cake mixes....every single thing she had taken 2 years' worth. I bought 4packs of napkins last year and I STILL have a pack and I have a family of four. No one needs 20 packs of napkins! Ugh.

I guess you'd be ticked at me then! LOL! I buy 24 napkins and use them all year. You don't like it, tough. I use 2 packs a month for my family, and yes I DO need them. Sorry you don't like it, but that's life. I don't buy any decor or costumes because I think Halloween is truly stupid, but that's me. The only other thing I buy is a bit of candy, though not much, and cake mix if I need it and get it at 70-90% off.

LOL! We use Halloween napkins year round. I buy them on clearance and store the in the basement.

Yep, dollar spot. Bought them there a few times.

Actually I don't think the glow sticks were purple dot. I think they were orange stars or something. The ones in the tubes. There were quite a few different "dot" colors. It's quite a mess. I think there are the purple ones on sale and 3 other colors/shapes. Kind of unusual to have so many at one time.

Target in Springfield, VA had tons of matchbox cars marked 50% off at .64. There were some other items like cars seats, car seat covers, and ball blower for babies. The Halloween items are pretty picked over but candy is 50% including the Snickers halloween bars. (Look in the traditional candy aisle not the Halloween section. There is a display back there with tons of bars.) Costumes are 50% but it looked like they were consolidating the aisles last night. Probably to make room for Xmas.

This store went everything 70% off yesterday...it was better than Christmas morning!! LOL

when I've seen bagged candy at 90% its been stuff nobody wants like jelly beans or even sweet tarts maybe just select things. If the candy is 70% off I may need to drop by after work see if there's any lollipops left for pinata.

It all used to go 90. It was wild cause this was when Target (at least around here) had aisles full of stuff at 90% off and bags of the 'good' candy for 30 cents. I haven't seen most candy go 90 in at least 2-3 years though.

Yeah, darned just in time ordering has just trashed the clearance. I used to be able to get the little dolls to use for later, but nothing, not a thing left here. No toys at all. They used to over order like crazy and it didn't matter so much because people were spending like crazy and they would buy tons at full price, so they minded have a lot of clearance left a lot less. Nowadays it is all different. Around here the only things that will be left for 90% will be the really odd candy, Reeses cups (always tons of Reeses cups) and the little party favor toys. I should swing by Walmart and get some Hershey's candy and Peanut M&Ms for the kids and some Tootsie Rolls (my weakness) now since they go straight to 50%. Really hate the 30% nonsense they started a while back on the candy.

Yeah, darned just in time ordering has just trashed the clearance. I used to be able to get the little dolls to use for later, but nothing, not a thing left here. No toys at all. They used to over order like crazy and it didn't matter so much because people were spending like crazy and they would buy tons at full price, so they minded have a lot of clearance left a lot less. Nowadays it is all different. Around here the only things that will be left for 90% will be the really odd candy, Reeses cups (always tons of Reeses cups) and the little party favor toys. I should swing by Walmart and get some Hershey's candy and Peanut M&Ms for the kids and some Tootsie Rolls (my weakness) now since they go straight to 50%. Really hate the 30% nonsense they started a while back on the candy.

I know it's 2 days later,but I stopped at WM today and the only candy left was non-chocolate.

Nerds,Smarties,Dum-Dums,candy corn/pumpkins,and random other ones.

I don't know if customers bought all the chocolate already or they pulled it.

I had some $1 off 2 Nestle or Willy Wonka bags of candy coupons so I got 4 bags of Nerds for $2.56. Not my preferred candy but it is for school and kids will eat just about anything lol.

I still have 5 more of those coupons left so I'm hoping to score at Target tomorrow.

Incidentally,ALL of the Halloween candy was gone at my Kroger affiliate today and they always have tons left so I know they had to have pulled it.

don't forget to take your candy COUPONS just in case :D

Don't worry ;)

Did you know that if you forget a coupon at Target,you can just bring it and the receipt in within the sale week and they will honor it? It has to be done at CS and the coupon can't be expired but still,I think that is nice. My Kroger affiliate store is the same way.

Don't worry ;)

Did you know that if you forget a coupon at Target,you can just bring it and the receipt in within the sale week and they will honor it? It has to be done at CS and the coupon can't be expired but still,I think that is nice. My Kroger affiliate store is the same way.

YES Dh forgot (or refused) to use a high dollar coupon ($4 it was a Buzzagent coupon!) one time when I was taking my son to the bathroom so I marched up to the CS counter expecting it to be a big hassle and was majorly suprised, took all of 2 seconds. He scanned reciept, scanned coupon and handed me the $4.xx in cash !!

don't forget to take your candy COUPONS just in case :D

YES... I was after ONE thing... my plain hershey bar snack size and they are never easy to find after clearance. Even though they were only 30% off of $4.99 (jumbo bags), I used the $2 off 2 TARGET coupon that expires tomorrow and a $2 off 2 manufacturer coupon that I had. So, I was happy with $1.49 for a $5 jumbo bag of my favorite chocolate, which based on past experience seems to be very hard to find after they hit 50%.

Anymore, I have better luck with candy at other stores and with the right coupons paired with the right sale, they can even be cheaper BEFORE the holiday.

I bought the bone shaped cupcake tray for 3.49 and some pumpkin cocktail stirrers for $1.50. The closest one to me was picked over well and it's just 50%. I am going to hit another tomorrow just looking for some baking trays and whatnot. I was looking at the nordic cakepop tray but it is still $7.50

Did anyone check the dollar spot yesterday? I got a few fall themed Mary Engelbreit items (with purple dot) on Thursday for 50% off, and was looking to get more at 70% (though wish they still did 75%, *sigh*). I am thinking these would make great teacher, and Girl Scout leader gifts.

Did anyone check the dollar spot yesterday? I got a few fall themed Mary Engelbreit items (with purple dot) on Thursday for 50% off, and was looking to get more at 70% (though wish they still did 75%, *sigh*). I am thinking these would make great teacher, and Girl Scout leader gifts.

Dollar spot was 70% here today. Has anyone seen dollar spot go more than 70% the last few clearance cycles-- maybe 80 or 90%? Trying to decide whether or not to drag the kids back out to check tomorrow.

Other halloween clearance was odd... candy 30%, houswares and costumes 70%, all other halloween 50%... never seen it broken up like that before. (yes I scanned to check)

Also, slightly OT, anyone know when walmart might go 75% No princess costumes left in DD's size at Target so thought I'd try WM.

Edited by boredbread

Other halloween clearance was odd... candy 30%, houswares and costumes 70%, all other halloween 50%... never seen it broken up like that before. (yes I scanned to check)

Dollar spot was 70% here today. Has anyone seen dollar spot go more than 70% the last few clearance cycles-- maybe 80 or 90%? Trying to decide whether or not to drag the kids back out to check tomorrow.

Weird markdowns here too. Got lots of food items at 70% off (cake mixs, frosting, frosting in a spray can, popcorn bucket for movie night, theater candy) but rest was 50%. Didn't check costumes. Dollar spot at 70%. Holiday dollar spot will usually drop to 90% off with the rest of the holiday merchandise. Very hard to find sometimes, but when summer went 90% here, I scored quite a few dollar spot items for .10. Hopefully Halloween will follow suit. HTH.

our target was all 70 % today . but it was still marked only 50 % off I stocked up on dollar spot items for give away items for next year and also got spider webbing in green and some large tombstones and two dog costumes lol dont have kids only fur babies Edited by dullestbear
adding to the message

dollar spot was 70% including some minnie mouse socks & thomas the train cups & bowls

candy was 10%, 30%, & 50% (I scanned to be sure)

found puffs for 70% which is great since we just received a message from DD teacher asking for clorox wipes, tissue, & anti-bacterial hand gel

that monster cereal, boo-berry and whatever they call the strawberry & choc ones were 50%. Bought 1 of each

not much of anything else that caught my attention

I bought 48 packages of the double thick glow sticks today for our 4th of July glow pool party!!!

Ours is super duper strange too...purple dot dollar spot was 70% (yes that extra 5 KILLS ME!) there are some thanksgiving stuff in there so make sure to check it out :D

Candy was 30%

everything else was 50%

And I found the mega box of Gold Fish (reg 6.99) and it scanned full price :( I didn't feel like fighting it so I left it there...

I did get some of the 2pk Kleenex for 50% off and the glow sticks but thats it..I told my kids we dont' buy anything until its cheaper then 50% Especially because they had TOOOOOONS left!

And boo berry cereal rang up full price too!!

Just got home from Target! So dollar spot was 70% off... had a ton of stuff left except for all the glow sticks/necklaces I bought!

Candy was still at 30% off... but I bought two paks of M&M and used the Target coupon so it was like getting it for 60%.

Everything else was still 50% off, costumes, accessories, food, including Oreos, cake mixes (none left), marshmellows, etc... I bought the last 2 boxes of boo berry cereal, and I also bought 4 cake mixes last night at 50% off and printed target coupons today and went in and they gave me the coupon credit so I got them for .18 cents each! :)

They had Boo Berry and Franken Berry cereal for $0.80/box plus if you bought some the register printed you a coupon for $2 off/ 5 boxes of General Mills cereal. Ended up with 24 boxes for $11.20! And they don't expire until Oct 2013 :)

Interesting, because all the cereal rang up full price at my store. The matching fruit snacks were clearanced though, so I did get lots of those.

I'll check again today.