Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Oh I just cry a little inside every time I see someone who got the Del Monte fruit cups. Literally, that is ALL I wanted from the bulk section... just 1 pack!! I hid it on Monday thinking that IF bulk went lower THIS week, I would be sure to get it.

Well, I was surprised to hear bulk all went lower Tues/Wed., so I went to get it last night... GONE. UGH!! I shoulda just bought the stupid thing at 30% off.

So, the "hide the merchandise" gods got me this time. Usually, I am so fortunate and quite honestly, there isn't much that I hide anymore cause I just don't stockpile like I used to. I still have toilet paper/paper towels/Tide/dish soap/baggies/cups/plates, etc.. from Targets past up the wazoooo.

But, I just ran out of fruit cups that I got from Costco though and thought "oh, this would be great to get at 1/2 price for the girls' lunches". Booo hooooo hooooo :(

I know, I know... big deal, so go spend the extra couple bucks and get some.

I just needed to share my sadness. Anyway, I did find toilet paper and had a coupon for another $2 off, so I picked one up even though I don't really need anymore paper goods.

I felt the same way about the Capri Sun packs. Would have been perfect for me and the boys, so I was planning on picking up 2-3 packs, but they were all gone!:( I did go ahead and buy some size 6 diapers. My 2 year old is in 5's, but for 50% off, I couldn't say no

When I was at my store the other day, there was an employee there also shopping, so I wouldn't doubt the majority of the items are taken by the employees. I just didn't think you were allowed to shop while you were working...

I know somone that works at Target and they are permitted to shop during their half hour break and pay at the end of the shift. Im sure they also come in before their shift or stay after to shop.

Went to Cordova and 9 mile Targets today since I was over there, though they are my least favorite Targets. Did find a few of the "bulk" items back in the regular sections on clearance, but not much. A lot of the signs said "15% or more", and there was marked 50% stuff mixed in. I did see some random small kitchen electrics marked down 15 or 30%-- like Foreman grill, Crock pot... can't remember what else was there. Some car/trunk organizers marked 30%-- waiting to see if they go more. Stationary/etc clearance still at 15 and 30%. Oh, and found a bunch of Christmas Wheat thins w/ trees on the box marked down only 30%-- they must have found them in the back or something.

### 253010229 UP&UP Gallon zip storage 3 packs of 40 ea 50% 2.48

###003070109 Oxi Clean (big box) 50% 6.48

###231000212 Honey Nut Cheerios 2 pack 50% 3.48

###092040001 Stainless steel water bottle 50% 4.00

Went to Cordova and 9 mile Targets today since I was over there, though they are my least favorite Targets. Did find a few of the "bulk" items back in the regular sections on clearance, but not much. A lot of the signs said "15% or more", and there was marked 50% stuff mixed in. I did see some random small kitchen electrics marked down 15 or 30%-- like Foreman grill, Crock pot... can't remember what else was there. Some car/trunk organizers marked 30%-- waiting to see if they go more. Stationary/etc clearance still at 15 and 30%. Oh, and found a bunch of Christmas Wheat thins w/ trees on the box marked down only 30%-- they must have found them in the back or something.

### 253010229 UP&UP Gallon zip storage 3 packs of 40 ea 50% 2.48

###003070109 Oxi Clean (big box) 50% 6.48

###231000212 Honey Nut Cheerios 2 pack 50% 3.48

###092040001 Stainless steel water bottle 50% 4.00

I remember checking those wheat thins with the trees on it and our stores never clearanced those, they stayed full price and weren't with Christmas clearance. I checked them several times hoping......

I went for the diapers as well and they were gone as well! Just some Huggies I scanned were still only 15% off, but where would the rest of it go? I did find TP at 50% off 7.98 and apple juice MP brand 2 big bottles for 50% off 1.48. They were 100% juice kind. Also bought Herbal essence shampoo/conditioner 50% off, softsoap 4 pack 50% off, and softscrub 50% off.

Did anyone notice if garage storage units went 75 yet?

I saw these marked at 75% off here as well.

Also saw the end table/coffee table set at 75% off but DH said we didn't need it in our small apt so I had to pass. I may try to convince him otherwise. There were also porcelain plates 12 ct for $3.24. Someone bought one after I put it back, I like Corningware too much. Also the 12 ct and 18 ct glasses were $3.98. I finally saw the shower liners at 75% off.

The Playwonder shopping cart I wanted for DD went from 30% to 75% off. Bakugan & GI Joe went to 50% off. The Tag Books (star wars & something else) went to 75% off. Also got a few other random items. I saw 2 new shelves of GSE bulk foods, but nothing I needed. They had the Hidden Valley dressing, 2 pack JIF PB, Triscuits & multipacks of chips, 2 pack MP apple juice.

Here's what I got:

### Play wonder shopping cart $7.48 75% off

### Play wonder spices tube $2.48 75% off

### Play wonder dry food tube $2.48 75% off

### Tinkerbell Activity Book with over 700 stickers $2.98 75% off (got 2)

### Tag book - Star wars $4.06 75% off

### RE shower liner $1.74 75% off

### Archer Farms Mango dried fruit $1.95 30% off

Btw - I was there on Tues evening and it seems like they changed out a lot of the clearance racks. None of the sharpies, paper etc that was there in the stationary stuff was there anymore. If I hadn't been stalking this thread, I wouldn't have gone 3 times this week and would have definitely missed out on some of the clearance items I was able to pick up. Since New Years, this is my first time perusing reasonably regularly. I only did randomly a few times a year before.

Checked for the tables today and there is still 1 set left, but it's still only 30% off?!?! I did find some sheer window panels for 2.48 and bought 5 sets. I need 1 more though so unless I find it then these will have to go back. Oh, I also got a blue set of 3 washcloths and 3 hand towels from the bulk section for 2.48. I would have gotten more if they had the tan, but all I could find was tons of blue.

I Found a Dyson Ball Today for Half-Off after weeks of looking. So happy. Found the Hefty bags. Also got this pop tart and milk deal...... 6 (12ct) Poptarts for 12.50 minus the $5.00 GC so $7.50 Plus on the back of the Smores kind there was $1.50 off 3 poptarts, I tore off two so $7.50-3.00= $4.50 for 6 poptarts. Then on the back of the smores kind there is also a coupon for $1.50 off milk when you buy three, milk was 1.89 so minus 1.50 makes .39 cents for milk. So total for 6 poptarts and two gallon milks $5.30 (if you minus the GC from the total cost.) Also got some of the towels for 2.48. And a snow castle building set for 2.50. AND Bakugon have been marked 30% forever and ringing up 50% for the last week and a half so I thought for sure today would be the day and still half off. The new Bakugon is going to make my son go WILD! :)

They were packing up the rest of the bulk/big save stuff at my store this morning. I was able to find some bundles with 3 washcloths and 3 handtowels - white, tan, or blue - for 2.48 (75% off). I thought they were part of the big save, but if they were they hadn't been packed up yet. I was dissappointed at first when they weren't with the other household clearance (where they were yesterday), but I found them on an endcap near picture frames.

They were packing up the rest of the bulk/big save stuff at my store this morning. I was able to find some bundles with 3 washcloths and 3 handtowels - white, tan, or blue - for 2.48 (75% off). I thought they were part of the big save, but if they were they hadn't been packed up yet. I was dissappointed at first when they weren't with the other household clearance (where they were yesterday), but I found them on an endcap near picture frames.

so was your bulk at 50% or go up to 75% before they packed up

thanks! First store still had them regular price, but the second had them down without being marked. :-)

Fantastic! Glad you found them. :D My DD is too young still but my nephew will love them.

DH is starting to notice my PP habit. He said he sees a lot of stuff with these little red stickers on them. :D

so was your bulk at 50% or go up to 75% before they packed up

Same as yesterday - some 50% (oatmeal, some shampoo), some 75% (other shampoos, crayola, dishes, water bottles, etc). What was left was on carts ready to go to the back room, but the employee I spoke to told me to help myself to whatever I wanted.

Fantastic! Glad you found them. :D My DD is too young still but my nephew will love them.

DH is starting to notice my PP habit. He said he sees a lot of stuff with these little red stickers on them. :D

Gotta love little red stickers! Most of what I bring home from Target has them. My kids even know to look for them while we are in the store, they know they have a chance of getting it if it has a sticker on it!

That sure would hurt! We go through 7 gallons a week!

Yeah, it does! We only have 3 in our family and we go through about 3-4 gallons a week. We love our milk! :yup: That's mostly what we drink- milk and water. I don't buy soft drinks unless we are going to the beach or lake. So that off sets some of the cost.

Today I found at my target

Dyson blueprint vaccum reg. $429 for $214.50 (they had 3)

(they also had ONE that was outta box (display?) did have instructions for $170.50)

I got some bulk items

Dial soap ($3.xx)

Frosted flakes ($3.xx) (grabbed all six they had left cause my husband and kids eat FF like they are filet mignon!)

Edited by mom2monkiesx3

Not as exciting as some of the other stuff you guys are posting, but natural beauty & bath clearance was 75% (Alba, Weleda, Burt's Bees, etc). Some was on endcaps, some was still in the beauty aisle. Also saw lots of men's undies 5-packs 75% off (Hanes, Target brand) but in mostly XXL, in the men's section.