Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Dang, I really wanted one of those 2009 Holiday Barbies! :( I ran to the only store I can make it to at lunch that showed availability and searched high and low and behind stuff and couldn't find one anywhere! If anyone finds an extra at 90% off, let me know and I'll pay shipping+cost!

I'd keep an eye out for the holiday barbie in the toy aisle in the coming weeks. In recent years, barbies have mostly been excluded from the general holiday markdowns. Instead, they've been orange stickered and put in with the toys. It may have just been kind of a lucky fluke that someone found one for 90% off.

I don't know...maybe they changed back to including Barbies in with the holiday clearance schedule, but for the past 2-3 years, they've stopped doing that with holiday themed barbies and put them in with normal markdowns. You may still have a chance to find one at 75% off, which is still pretty good.

I'd keep an eye out for the holiday barbie in the toy aisle in the coming weeks. In recent years, barbies have mostly been excluded from the general holiday markdowns. Instead, they've been orange stickered and put in with the toys. It may have just been kind of a lucky fluke that someone found one for 90% off.

I don't know...maybe they changed back to including Barbies in with the holiday clearance schedule, but for the past 2-3 years, they've stopped doing that with holiday themed barbies and put them in with normal markdowns. You may still have a chance to find one at 75% off, which is still pretty good.

Yep! Now I'm a barbie stalker! :) HA! I'll be keeping an eye out! :yup:

Megablocks...not sure of what all is on clearance, but I found these at my target and watched them for a few days, they stayed at 50%, but there was only one of each and I wanted them BAD, so instead of waiting for the 75% off and having them be gone I just grabbed them at 50%.

Got this mega blocks fold and go table for $19.98, originally $39.99

http://www.target.com/dp/B001RNII58/ref=sc_qi_emwa

and then grabbed a bag of 100 count extra mega blocks for $13.xx, 50% OFF (not the nice plastic bagged ones, but it was more like a huge ziploc bag).

Our Target was marking toys down to 75% today. Eyeclops mini projector $24.xx, Playskool Dino Roars, $17.45, wood kitchen $32.xx. Eyeclops $7.48, Disney cars 75% off. There were still a few at 50%, but a big amount was 75%

In that case, they may do it tomorrow for the rest of us. There are always some stores that do theirs on Wednesday. I guess I'll be ready tomorrow.

###Found some Silver LED Light Trees for $9.99 in Garden today. Regular $99.99. You may have seen them set up in garden before. The lights are like little flowers. They are NOT shaped like a Christmas tree. They are Christmas but don't look it. Edited by Gator Pam

By regular toddler aisle, do you mean hanging on a peg, not out with all the other clothes and jammies??? Because I didn't see any of those? Are they in a bag or hanging or? Most of our holiday jammies are still regular price (I scanned) or 30 off! :(

These were hanging on a peg/stand with other N&N pjs in the toddler clothes and pjs area. They were not in the toddler area clearance clothes. Sign above the whole peg said something like "Nick and Nora pj sets 14.99"

These were hanging on a peg/stand with other N&N pjs in the toddler clothes and pjs area. They were not in the toddler area clearance clothes. Sign above the whole peg said something like "Nick and Nora pj sets 14.99"

Here are pictures of what I found in the regular toddler/infant clothes that are ringing up 90% off but not marked on the price tags. There were a few others but not in the sizes I needed.

[ATTACH]3304[/ATTACH]

Edited by sabbie

Went to one of the Winchester Va targets. Nothing really left in the Christmas section at 90% except for 1 tree and a few stockings. Our toys are mostly 30%, but they had a very small handful of things that were 50%. There was alot of action going on in the toy dept by workers though. They were scanning things in all the toy aisles and adding a few clearance stickers here and there. There are tons and tons of Christmas pjs in the baby and toddler section. I got a few in the xmas aisle when they went 75% to put back for my sister who is due with my nephew in May. But all the ones in the regular clothing section are only 30% off, it was aggravating. We have a Target about 15 minutes away in Martinsburg WV and their toy clearance aisle were much better, so I am gonna hit them in the morning.

If you are in the Orlando area the target at University and Goldenrod has some toys at 75%. Not all the toys were marked down, but I got a Smartcycle, the Rex dinosaur, Handy Manny Motorcycle, FurReal Elephant, and some board games and some smaller stuff about 2 hours ago.

If you are in the Orlando area the target at University and Goldenrod has some toys at 75%. Not all the toys were marked down, but I got a Smartcycle, the Rex dinosaur, Handy Manny Motorcycle, FurReal Elephant, and some board games and some smaller stuff about 2 hours ago.

I am an hour away from that Target and you are making me want to drive there!! ;)

Just went to a different Target...no Christmas stuff left AT ALL! :( Toys are all still 30% off. Question for all of you pros...I am looking for the Barbie Princess set that has all of them, both of my stores have mysteriously had all of them disappear...which wouldn't be odd if they didn't have a ton left after Christmas. Any ideas if they have moved them to the back room until the 75% off? Also, LEGO's...this store had a few more large boxes on the 30% off...not wanting to spend that much, maybe 50% but really want 75%. My MIL got a TON of LEGO's last year and told me that they were marking those all down the morning she went in and got lucky enough to snag all of them...is this common? Sorry for the questions and TIA for your help!!

Ran out to the one store in the area that usually does toys on Wednesday, and they weren't marking down. Bummed, as it doesn't bode well for tomorrow. They had very little left anyway (1 short aisle), so I stashed what I wanted.

Got a call from the garden center girl at another store as the 3 tier Sean Conway plant stand I wanted finally dropped to 75%. I was expecting it to go today, but it hadn't earlier so I left my card and she called. It is the white one if anyone is interested.

###084093436 3 tier Sean Conway plant stand $24.98

Found this forum a few days ago but this is my first post =D Its nice to have found like minded folks. My Husband just likes to tease me endlessly :D I cant help it a LOVE a good clearance sale

I've been doing this for years mainly at walmart though since there were way more walmarts around me than Targets. However after moving to the Seattle area, its the exact opposite. Targets Galore LOL which just = plain trouble :D

I stopped by the West Seattle target this afternoon since I had a Dental appointment in the area. They had a very small section of Christmas stuff for 90% off.

The Toys were still 30-50 off. They had one aisle with all clearance stuf. Pluss al the back endcaps where full of clearance toys as well as a few odds and ends in the regular toy aisle that had clearance stickers on them.

They had a crew that was pulling overstock stuff and rearrange the regular toys. They were doing the same thing Monday when I went in. Though they didnt really seem to be messing with the clearance toys yet

Heading to about 7 Targets tomorrow to make my list of what I want for my 3 boys but after having a quick scan through the toys last week I am sure the list will be pretty short as they seem to just have cr@p on sale this time :( . I stii have lego sets left over from last year but so far have only seen 2 sets in all 7 stores at 30% off.

Happy with all the Christmas stuff I got at 90% off. I got gift wrap, cards, ornaments, tissue & bags :) .

I just came back from the Schaumburg, IL Target on Higgens. They have mostly ornaments left at 90% and some stockings, very slim pickings. I looked at all the end caps and around the store for "hidden" treasures but there was nothing, not surprising since this Target gets a high traffic volume. The toys are still at 50% off, scanned a few but nothing came up at 75%. Clearance toys are only one isle and a bunch of end caps. What a disappointing trip....I really needed a Target fix today....:(

Guest stchapman1
I bought the Dora Links school set today $17.49 50% off today, several trio airplane sets .49 and pillsbury funfetti vanilla icing .15 (with Christmas clearance) in Baton Rouge store.

Has anyone seen Toys markdown in the DFW area today? I was at 3 Targets yesterday and all had them only 50% off. Haven't been able to go today.

The W.Plano Target seemed like a huge mess. They literally had pretty much the entire store on clearance. Anywhere I looked there were clearance tags!

If not today, I hope the markdown is next week. Would hate to go out toy shopping in the cold that's going to hit us tomorrow! :eyepoppin

Just went to a different Target...no Christmas stuff left AT ALL! :( Toys are all still 30% off. Question for all of you pros...I am looking for the Barbie Princess set that has all of them, both of my stores have mysteriously had all of them disappear...which wouldn't be odd if they didn't have a ton left after Christmas. Any ideas if they have moved them to the back room until the 75% off? Also, LEGO's...this store had a few more large boxes on the 30% off...not wanting to spend that much, maybe 50% but really want 75%. My MIL got a TON of LEGO's last year and told me that they were marking those all down the morning she went in and got lucky enough to snag all of them...is this common? Sorry for the questions and TIA for your help!!

Yes they do sometimes pull new legos on the big clearance days. You can always stash the legos that are there at 30% behind some laerger boxes & then take it to a member of the price change team on the big day & they will adjust it for you if it has gone down further

i saw the smart cycle for $69 there was only one there but i really dont want to pay that much. I dont understand how our stores are only at 30% and most are at 50% and going to 75% i am so bummed. they did have smart cycle games but they are $17 not a good deal yet

Yes they do sometimes pull new legos on the big clearance days. You can always stash the legos that are there at 30% behind some laerger boxes & then take it to a member of the price change team on the big day & they will adjust it for you if it has gone down further

All of the stores around me but one will NOT check stuff for you, you have to wait till they are done scanning everything.......

i saw the smart cycle for $69 there was only one there but i really dont want to pay that much. I dont understand how our stores are only at 30% and most are at 50% and going to 75% i am so bummed. they did have smart cycle games but they are $17 not a good deal yet

They often go straight to 75% from 30% on this particular sale.

All of the stores around me but one will NOT check stuff for you, you have to wait till they are done scanning everything.......

Yep, lots of stores like that. Though they have been moving people around at a lot of stores, so you might find new people working on the team and have better luck. The more people are shopping the sale, the less likely they are to help you as everyone starts asking and slows them down.

Our toys are 30% didn't ring any up since my kids are 13 and 14 (almost 15 on Sunday) but did find the Holiday Barbies for $3.98, happy camper here since I collect them, the boxes were crushed though (which might explain why they were still there, been in the back?) I went around the whole store didn't see any oreos, wrap, paper towels or misplaced items. The Christmas section had two aisles, mostly ornaments and cards. I found some sleeping shorts for my son in tins (Halo, Peanuts, Rock band etc) for $2.48, got some small for now and med for next Christmas.