Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Can you tell me what brand of paper towels are on sale?? I am running out from when I bought some last year during the stock up and save sale @ Target. ( the Jan sale when they clearanced all the bulk packages.. 74 cents is a STEAL!

They were the holiday bounty. They almost had to be buried in the stockroom somewhere because I got there a couple of hours after they opened on the 26th and there were none to be found. I thought about chancing it and waiting for 90% tomorrow...but then decided that was crazy talk!!

Does anyone have a rough estimate of when most stores' toys will go to 50%?

I am desperate to find Spike the dinosaur for less than the 90.xx it is now....but my problem is the pickings are slim. After calling around to about 7 different stores, I only found about 3 stores that have ONE left.

Just trying to get a rough idea of when I should go back. Going from store to store on the hunt wouldn't be so difficult without my 2 little ones!

You should try the Walmart stores for the Spike dinosaur. I have had my eye on this also, but am unwilling to pay the high price. I bought it for $59.50 at Walmart last week!

SE Aurora (Denver metro) Colorado update:

Quincy & Buckley still 75% off. Around 3-4 rows of Xmas stuff left. Nothing too exciting, but then again - really didn't dig in to see what they had.

Parker Rd & Arapahoe - 90% off but there is hardly anything left. I did score some cute candles and a couple snowmen for teacher's gifts next year. Oh yea - THANK YOU for the heads up on the Oreo Cookies. Got 5 packaages for .27 each! :D

I didn't check the Town Center or Gartrell one.

Quincy & Buckley is probably going 90% off tomorrow - so I will be there bright & early. Will post my finds.

:D

You should try the Walmart stores for the Spike dinosaur. I have had my eye on this also, but am unwilling to pay the high price. I bought it for $59.50 at Walmart last week!

Grrr....see I have been trying....and the 2 Walmarts I went to didn't have any left, and I've since been calling all over but NOBODY is EVER in TOYS to be able to answer my question. Just typical Walmart practice. No employee ever knows where anything is except for that ONE item they're stacking on the shelves.

Guess I'm just going to have to hit up a few more. I would be a VERY happy woman if I could find him for $59.50.

Our Target had Spike at $65...you might want to scan and not depend on any posted percent off signs...the GeoTrax set I bought was behind a 30% off sign, but was actually 50% off.

It'll even scan lower than the sticker price? Well, either way, the Targets I've called have told me he's 90.xx in their system...so I doubt if it'd scan lower. But one guy did tell me they'd be going to 50% in a "few days." Couldn't tell me when exactly apparently. lol...so I guess I have to wait it out and risk that ONE single spike they have left.

They were the holiday bounty. They almost had to be buried in the stockroom somewhere because I got there a couple of hours after they opened on the 26th and there were none to be found. I thought about chancing it and waiting for 90% tomorrow...but then decided that was crazy talk!!

LOL That's exactly how I found mine last week as well. I posted about it on here. She was opening a brand new full box of Christmas Bounty and started stocking them right in front of me!

I seriously wonder what else could be burried in the back stockrooms of Target...

LOL That's exactly how I found mine last week as well. I posted about it on here. She was opening a brand new full box of Christmas Bounty and started stocking them right in front of me!

I seriously wonder what else could be burried in the back stockrooms of Target...

LOL, I was shopping 90% off clearance today and an employee brought out a big ol' flatbed full of boxes of holiday merch. I got so excited thinking I'd get first pickings of some good stuff. It was box after box of holiday throw pillows (with a moose on it, kind of Woolrich-ish), and the cheap-o porcelain plate sets discussed earlier in the thread. I was really hoping it would be those cool gift items, like iPod speakers...but no luck!

I bet sometimes they unearth a box of really good stuff so late that it has already been salvaged, so it never sees the floor!

LOL, I was shopping 90% off clearance today and an employee brought out a big ol' flatbed full of boxes of holiday merch. I got so excited thinking I'd get first pickings of some good stuff. It was box after box of holiday throw pillows (with a moose on it, kind of Woolrich-ish), and the cheap-o porcelain plate sets discussed earlier in the thread. I was really hoping it would be those cool gift items, like iPod speakers...but no luck!

I bet sometimes they unearth a box of really good stuff so late that it has already been salvaged, so it never sees the floor!

hi, Which N.TX did you find the 90% off?

Here's a picture of the box to look for when searching for the Trio Airplane. Be sure to scan the box because some ring up regular price and some ring up at $0.49.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NP2UqKioL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/a2/61/1c65c060ada0691d53bf1210.L._AA280_.jpg

Oh, one more thing, are they near the lego section or baby section or? I'm going to be limited on time at lunch today! :)

Regarding the question of scanning lower than the sticker price--yes, it happens. With some frequency for the toy sale, or as they lower the price on previously reduced items. If you are in the store and you really want it, scan it. If you are calling and they are looking it up in their system, I'd guess that's the correct current price.

Glad to hear Spike has found his way to your home!

Psst, if anyone in the North Texas area is wanting the Premium M&Ms, there are a bunch at the Vista Ridge store. They are stocked with the regular (non-Christmas) ones. The Christmas ones have the M&M character wearing a santa hat. Ringing up at 34 cents.

I saw one in the clearance section today, just piled in with a ton of other clearance toys. A lot of toys weren't even marked. My ds had gotten duck hunter for Christmas and the wing broke already, he was so dissappointed. I saw it today with no markdowns but piled in with a bunch of other toys marked down (like the eyeclops mini projector orig $99, today $49.xx). The duck hunter rang up at $14.xx, that is 1/2 price. They weren't very good about marking which toys are clearance, so I would check everything :)

Sarasota/Bradenton FL went 90% off today, got a 6 1/2 pre-lit tree for $12.xx and a bunch of infant and toddler Christmas clothes and pjs for $1.49 and .89 each. The Nick and Nora PJ's are so cute (red with dogs w/ reindeer antlers) that I got a pair for the next 2 years. So weird, some things looked really Christmas or said My First Christmas and didn't ring up on sale and things that had penguins but nothing Christmas on it was 90% off. Took some time figuring out. Candy was still 75% off.

Toys all 50% off and the sales associate I spoke to that was working toys said they were suppose to finish resetting the department today. She thought that I should check back on Thursday (wink, wink) of course we all know how reliable the clerks are with knowing when 75% off is going to happen but I was already planning on being there then anyway so here's hoping.

90% off in Frisco, TX. Lots of ornaments, one white prelit tree, quite a bit of wrapping paper, stockings, fake wreaths, some icicle lights. I am officially done (DH will be so happy, I have been spending the food money and he was starting to think we might starve next week! ;))

SE Aurora, CO Quincy & Buckley 90% off.

Lots of ornaments, gift wrap, some stocking stuffer books, lots of cards, wire ribbon, some decor and stockings. Maybe 4 isles total left.

TIP: Hit your endcaps in other departments like baking and stationary. There are 90% off endcaps around the store. Remember - "Perimeter Perusing"! :)

Toys - they are working hard on teh toy section today consolidating, still 30% off signs. HOPEFULLY 50% soon...

The Sioux Falls store on Louise was 90% off this morning at 8:00am when I went. I am going to go check out the new store now.

Are you serious? I called right away this morning at 8 and they said it was only 75% off. I'm so mad now! Let me know what you find out about the other store...I might try to hit both of them up quick!

I went to one of my Targets last night and it was 90% off. There were tons of ornaments left.

I did find a Christmas themed paper punch set. It had a clearance sticker of 30% off and only scanned at that same price. I took it up to the cashier and asked if it was 90% off and she told me that the price is what the sticker said. I said that the other Christmas stuff was 90% off and she said it didn't include stationary-type stuff. Grrrr.

Also, if anyone sees a double stroller on clearance, can you please let me know and include the DPCI number? I have several Targets around me (over 10 in my area) and usually call around to check prices and stock, so I don't have to drive around to each one.

Found a few stocking stuffer toys in the 90% off area and in toys all mixed in with the regular toys. My best find of the day was a set of flannel sheets in the bedding area on an endcap not marked at all rang up $1.99. I was doing the happy dance all the way to the check out.