Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Our store has 5 aisles of toys. All are 50% off. I wish I knew what day they were going to 75%. I see alot there I want to buy. I was tempted today to buy some at 50%. Afriad I will miss them by waiting, but I am taking a chance.

If there is something you REALLY want, I'd go ahead and buy it. That way if they mark it to 75% you can pick up another then return the old one OR if they are out, you'll be glad that you picked it up at 50%.

Our store has 5 aisles of toys. All are 50% off. I wish I knew what day they were going to 75%. I see alot there I want to buy. I was tempted today to buy some at 50%. Afriad I will miss them by waiting, but I am taking a chance.

wow ours are still only 30% off

My experience with the toy clearance is this...you have to be there in the morning, but you don't want to be there TOO early unless you want to wait around for them to start marking down. (Which you can do, but I usually have to have one or both kids with me and that just doesn't work out). Both stores I went to last year and this summer were marking at 9:00ish. I think it varies store to store, though...some seem to mark down over night and in that case you obviously want to be there first thing.

I have long since given up asking employees when it will get marked down. Even if they know (which most of them probably don't), they can't tell you. And I think they all get really annoyed with all of the people asking/calling to find out when things are 75% off. Obviously Target wants us all to buy the toys NOW rather than tell us exactly when they will be even cheaper. There are a couple of friendly employees that I will chat with to try to find out info, but they never flat out tell me when it's going to happen.

Does anyone else feel like it's going to be the 21st instead of the 14th? For some reason I just don't feel like it will be next week. Maybe b/c so many stores are still at 30% off. I know that sometimes they just all-out skip 50% off, but I feel like they will keep it at 50 a little longer. Of course, I'll be there next week just in case!

One last question...I think that last year one local store marked down on Wednesday. Is that possible or am I just making things up?

I'm starting to wonder if it'll be the 21st here as well. We are still at 30% with a few random things at 50%. I'm going to check tomorrow to see if we make it to 50% finally. Last year, my store went 75% on Wed the 14th. I happened to be there at 11am and they had just started the markdown. So even if you go early, there is still the chance that they will start marking down later in the day and on Wed rather than Thurs. Its definately enough to give us all a bad nights sleep! I will be on vacation the week of the 21st and there is no way we will be able to squeeze clearance toys in our car even if I could get to a Target. I guess we have plenty of toys anyway, but I kind of wanted a few things for the kids birthdays.

for those with pokemon, lps or bella sara lovers, those little fun pack boxes that were in Christmas are often found in the regular card area. I found about 2 dozen of the pokemon sets today for $.49. Bella Sara is also $.49 and the LPS ones are $.29.

Thanks about the tip on the Pokemon cards! :) My son is addicted and he had bought some of those cards when they were 50 and 75% off so I knew he would like them, we found 11 boxes in the regular card area for 49 cents. I can put some with his birthday, valentines and even Easter gifts!

i did not actually go to target yesterday..but saw a news report from there (all about people buying stuff for the cold weather we are getting) and I happened to notice a 90% off sign in the background. so i guess my target was 90% off christmas stuff.

the 75% off toys here was around the 15th here last year. i did great but was there when they opened at 8am. we had to wait while they marked things down but it was worth it. i am bummed this year because i go back to school on monday, so i will miss the sale this year. :(

One last question...I think that last year one local store marked down on Wednesday. Is that possible or am I just making things up?

some stores do it on Wed. my store usually has the markdown people do in around 4am on Thurs but sometimes they start on the Wed in the afternoon/evening and finish on Thurs

I am fairly new to Target perimeter perusing, so I am sorry in advance if this question has been asked. Does some Target stores not mark their items to 90% and just salvage it after 75%? I went to my local Target and the Christmas items were still at 75% off. TIA

Welcome to the forum!

Your store should be at 90% anytime now (possibly today). Also you may want to scan items you are seeing at 75% off - it's possible that they are actually 90% off and the signs have not been changed.

Each store is different although they do tend to follow national trends. That's why we come here to update others on what we are finding and try to establish a timeline on what we can expect at our local stores.

The next big "Target Thing" that we are watching for is for the clearance toys to go 75% off. This is a great time to stock up for birthday presents. I havce 3 young children and I LOVED having my stockpile to go to for birthday parties that they were invited to through the year. I also donated some toys to Toys For Tots this past Xmas season.

Tips: Read all the posts and make notes of what the other members are sharing about clearance items that are in the regular isles. Finding items that have holiday packaging for 75-90% in the regular isles is always a really fun and exciting find! (This year that would be the Oreo Cookies for me! :)

Please feel free to ask questions - we love to share our expertise!

Shelly :yup:

Found a girls Christmas dress for $5.74 today! The toddler Christmas section is still just 30% off, though.

I'm really perplexed about the lack of kids clothes in clearance around here. There are tons of Nick & Nora sets in the regular section, but they are all marked at 30% off with red tags. Yesterday, one store I went to didn't have them marked down at all. Not included in the Christmas section. I scanned them to make sure! And also Circo Christmas themed stuff that is just 30% off. I guess I'll just keep watching!

Our Target was marking toys down to 75% today.

###Eyeclops mini projector $24.xx

###Playskool Dino Roars $17.45

###wood kitchen $32.xx

###Eyeclops $7.48

###Disney cars 75% off

There were still a few at 50%, but a big amount was 75%

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for autolisting

Our Target was marking toys down to 75% today. Eyeclops mini projector $24.xx, Playskool Dino Roars, $17.45, wood kitchen $32.xx. Eyeclops $7.48, Disney cars 75% off. There were still a few at 50%, but a big amount was 75%

WHAT?!? That's early! I'm resisting the urge to race to my Target to find out if they are marking down, too!

Our Target was marking toys down to 75% today. Eyeclops mini projector $24.xx, Playskool Dino Roars, $17.45, wood kitchen $32.xx. Eyeclops $7.48, Disney cars 75% off. There were still a few at 50%, but a big amount was 75%

I went this morning and everything was still 50% off, will be there bight and early tomorrow morning. Thanks for reporting!

Dang, I really wanted one of those 2009 Holiday Barbies! :( I ran to the only store I can make it to at lunch that showed availability and searched high and low and behind stuff and couldn't find one anywhere! If anyone finds an extra at 90% off, let me know and I'll pay shipping+cost!

Oh yeah, the store I went to (Carmel West Store in Indy) had half the toys 50 and half 30 still. First time I'd seen any marked 50! Got a FEW things but that was it. Found the Trio Airplanes-whoohoo and Tape! I'd never been so excited in my life to find tape!!! :) There were a lot of regular priced stuff in the clearance aisle though that I found odd. Wasn't going to go up and have them look at me like I put the stuff there so left it. Not much good stuff at that store left (that I want anyway). And I guess that's a good thing! :) PJ's still only 30 off! Wierd! Even the mickey holiday jammies were only on sale, not clearance.

Most toys have been 50% off at my local target (MA) for almost a week...wonder if they'll go 75% soon since someone already reported one store doing it...can't wait :)

Where in mass are you from? I'm in Western MA... the good ol' berkshires

In 2008 it went this week, I think it was the 9th here. I remember last year being all bummed becuase it was a week later (I think 2009 was on the 15th for me) and I felt like I was stalking Target forever and it's hard to get out of the house at 7:45 every day for almost 2 weeks!

Found in chips aisle- Archer Farms Butter Toffee caramel clusters with almonds and cashews (caramel popcorn) 90% off- 39 cents. In a cylindrical container about 12 inches tall. Background of the label is silver with teeny tiny snowflakes. Xmas will probably salvage tomorrow at mine. good luck.

###071950362 AF Butter Toffee 39 cents

I found the xmas sheets- twin for 1.99! So happy! I bought the three they had. If anyone is near the Philipsburg, NJ store, they had plenty plenty plenty of Nick and Nora mint green xmas pj sets for 1.49 all sizes 18 months- 4T. Also had the Carter's 2 packs of pjs in all sizes up to 5T "What santa doesn't get me grandma will"- also 1.49. Look in regular toddler aisle.

Found in chips aisle- Archer Farms Butter Toffee caramel clusters with almonds and cashews (caramel popcorn) 90% off- 39 cents. In a cylindrical container about 12 inches tall. Background of the label is silver with teeny tiny snowflakes. Xmas will probably salvage tomorrow at mine. good luck.

###071950362 AF Butter Toffee 39 cents

I found the xmas sheets- twin for 1.99! So happy! I bought the three they had. If anyone is near the Philipsburg, NJ store, they had plenty plenty plenty of Nick and Nora mint green xmas pj sets for 1.49 all sizes 18 months- 4T. Also had the Carter's 2 packs of pjs in all sizes up to 5T "What santa doesn't get me grandma will"- also 1.49. Look in regular toddler aisle.

By regular toddler aisle, do you mean hanging on a peg, not out with all the other clothes and jammies??? Because I didn't see any of those? Are they in a bag or hanging or? Most of our holiday jammies are still regular price (I scanned) or 30 off! :(

The Nick and Nora pjs I found were red and one had puppies on them and the other had kittens. They were hanging with the regular clothes, not in any markdown section, and I just happened to realize they looked like Christmas items so I scanned them and they were on sale. For some reason, some of the other ones that looked like holiday pjs did not scan as low so you have to scan them to find out which ones are on sale.

Anyone have a picture of the Megablocks that are on sale?