Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

The Wooddale, IL store is 90% off today. Two isles of cards, stockings, ornaments, candy, small table top trees, ribbon, bows and other misc. items. I scored 2 packs of cloth napkins at .99 each; hello kitty 6 pack lip gloss rings at .39; holiday stationary at .30 each; misc. ornaments at .19 each; velvet ribbon at .29 each; velvet bows at .49 a pack; and a black holiday dress in the girls section for $5.28 (marked 75% off)!

Target in West Sacramento, CA is 90% off on Christmas although the items ring up 75% off. They manually adjust at checkout. Pretty much just cards and ornaments, but found Carter's pj's in the kids section for $0.98 - $1.49 at 90% off.

Target at Calvine, in South Sacramento, is still 75% off on Christmas.

90% on Christmas in Tustin, Some toys at 50%, the woman in front of me at check out had Spike the dinosaur, he was $65 plus tax (I forgot to look in toys, so sorry). I picked up a GeoTrack set for the neighbors son for his birthday for $15 (50% off). I have a lot of commitments coming up and I don't want to risk not getting it.

Global Bazaar changes it's name every year. It lasts from Jan till March. Nothing ever sold at regular price. I'm surprised they had it as long as they did. I do not like the new way they are doing things. With the new upscale walnart across the street this 6 yo Target is looking more and more like a Kmart. This "get more for less" or "dollar days" always was kept at "mini seasonal" which made sense because it was pretty much considered part of the grocery dept. Maybe it was a marketing move to force people into shopping the whole store. In the past it would occupy mini season until valentines, until Easter, until summer and until Halloween.

Maybe Global Bazaar didn't sell where you are, but it sure did here. There was rarely anything left for good clearance prices. I think it is purely an economic thing. Trying to push "value" items this year rather than "luxury" or frivolous stuff.

They used existing products from the storage line in the mini-seasonal area this go around, which makes it easier to push back to the regular sales floor when they set Valentines, and allows them to have their value section longer. They are also setting up patio furniture at all the stores I visited today, so the "value" section is smaller than the Global Bazaar was, and the garden & patio stuff is coming in earlier, probably for a longer season.

3 of 4 stores I went to were 90% off. Found toys Christmas toys in the toys section. Also got a Smith & Hawken red/green/brown striped doormat for 75% off. It is considered Christmas but not that much from my point of view. There was also a S&H Eucalyptus wreath in the S&H area that was 90% off. Didn't need it, so I moved it upstairs for some lucky person to find.

Anyone looking for those Trio airplanes that are Christmas, be sure to scan and check the bar code. Some of them have a different UPC and ring up full price.

Note to self Do not I repeat Do not bring husband along! My husband is laid off at the moment so he wanted to come, ugg, I just couldn't do my usual looking. I did get a few items like tons of tape, no sharpies that I could find and misc items like jingle bell ornaments. He was dragging so didn't do my usual look around the store. We also went to World Market for their Christmas candy sale 75%, I like to get the kids Santas for their boots, I had $10 off of $30, out total came to $18, if we had bought a few more items, we would of gotten all of it for $20, no he didn't want to look anymore LOL so missed out on that one. The had these really big Cadbury bars for $5, like the 5 lb ones, two more of those and I could of gotten them free....ugggg

Maybe Global Bazaar didn't sell where you are, but it sure did here. There was rarely anything left for good clearance prices. I think it is purely an economic thing. Trying to push "value" items this year rather than "luxury" or frivolous stuff.

They used existing products from the storage line in the mini-seasonal area this go around, which makes it easier to push back to the regular sales floor when they set Valentines, and allows them to have their value section longer. They are also setting up patio furniture at all the stores I visited today, so the "value" section is smaller than the Global Bazaar was, and the garden & patio stuff is coming in earlier, probably for a longer season.

I remember they having cool stuff in the early 00s but towards the later half it was all just tacky IMO. In 06 and 07 most everything sat on a shelf till 30% and even then really didn't start moving till 75. People into that stuff were typically new home owners who are just starting out. Many of them would buy because they put it on their gift registry, only since many people get married in the spring or summer, such items would be clearanced out long before people could buy for them.

At my store they haven't set up any lawn and garden stuff yet. The old trick for making seasonal shelfs look stocked is with storage containers, which were practical since people need them to store holiday decorations. But this year they used paper towels and other large grocery items which made me think every previous Xmas aisle was now dedicated to their get more pay less items, not something temporary.

90% on Christmas in Tustin, Some toys at 50%, the woman in front of me at check out had Spike the dinosaur, he was $65 plus tax (I forgot to look in toys, so sorry). I picked up a GeoTrack set for the neighbors son for his birthday for $15 (50% off). I have a lot of commitments coming up and I don't want to risk not getting it.

any sign today of those cookie sheets you mentioned?? Last week when you psoted it, i was in the store shopping, and I shoulda walked over to bakeware... I live near Disneyland and rarely trek out that far to go to Target...

I really need cooling racks, so to get cooling racks and cookie sheets, it would have been a steal!

So I went out on travels again, to the same target (my son had a dentist appointment all the way out there!) and of course I stopped back in at Target and they brought out MORE stuff (this was around 3ish!) Just incase you want to check again! Between my two trips (one at 8am and then one around 3pm) I got all this...

###044150504 Boxed Gifts $1.00 was 10.00

###055030639 Mini Bin Box $0.29 was 2.99

###037052541 Luxe $0.99 was 9.99

###022100417 Portable BBQ $1.99 was 19.99 (grabbed 2)

###002100446 Flashlight Tool Kit $1.99 was 19.99 (grabbed 3)

###200021583 Spoon Set $1.49 was 14.99

###253010220 Ziploc Bags $0.29 was 2.99 (grabbed 2)

###253010222 Reynolds $0.29 was 2.99 (grabbed 4)

###051001307 Flat Boxes $0.20 was 2.00 (grabbed 4)

###051050858 Tree Candle $0.89 was 8.99

###051050858 Oil Burner $0.89 was 8.99

###081060867 Scotch Tape $0.19 was 1.99 (grabbed 5)

###086001228 Playdoh 20 pack $0.59 was 5.99

###086021096 In my pocket animals $0.39 was 3.99

###087060750 Transformers $0.89 was 8.99

###087060750 GI Joe $0.89 was 8.99

###087070143 Moto Headz $0.69 was 6.99

###204070380 NCF Trio Airplane $0.49 was 4.99

###204070334 NCF Megabloks $0.49 was 4.99

###087090179 Disney Puzzles $0.14 was 1.40

###012120018 Christmas CD $0.69 was 6.99 (bought 2)

###067050164 Kitchen Towel $0.39 was 3.99

###086002048 NCF wind up toy $0.19 was 1.99

###051080412 Boxed Cards $0.90 was 8.99

###051091971 Gift Wrap $0.39 was 3.99 (bought 3)

###051141019 Tinsel Tree $0.59 was 5.99

also random ornaments!:D so so so happy!

They did not have as much as the past years, but I still got some gifts out of the way!

Happy shopping everyone!

Now we wait for the big toy sale!!!:cheesy:

Christmas stuff was 90% off today. I got a lit wreathe for $1.49, wreathe hangar $0.49, Christmas pjs in the toddler sizes for $1.79 (they had one with puppies and one with kittens and it looked Christmassy, woman's Christmas sweater in black with a tree on the front for $2.39, advent chocolate calenders for $0.29, lit garlands for $0.99, and for those interested in the Trio airplanes, our store has them on sale for around $0.49 each today. Just about everything was gone except for a few boxes of cards, boxed ornaments, and single ornaments. Everyone was grabbing things quickly when I got there this morning.

###217022054 Toddler PJ Set Reg $17.99 Sale $1.79

###217027081 Toddler PJ Set Reg $17.99 Sale $1.79

###015022917 Merona Womens Sweater Reg $23.99 Sale $2.39

###055030390 Chocolate Filled Advent Calender Reg $2.99 Sale $0.29

###051070714 Lit Garland Reg $9.99 Sale $0.99

###051070700 Lit Wreath Reg $14.99 Sale $1.49

###051070739 Wreath Hanger Reg $4.99 Sale $0.49

Edited by Gator Pam
Formatted for autolisting

Today I got my little one out of bed at the crack of dawn in the freezing cold (ya know, like any good mother would) to check for 90% off...didn't happen today..but they did have 12 packs of paper towel on the shelf for .74 each...had a few coupons so they ended up being twenty-something cents a roll!!! Not a total loss..was out in 15 minutes and my little one got doughnuts (a rare treat for her) Everyone was happy!! Now, we will have to see how tomorrow works out!!

Today I got my little one out of bed at the crack of dawn in the freezing cold (ya know, like any good mother would) to check for 90% off...didn't happen today..but they did have 12 packs of paper towel on the shelf for .74 each...had a few coupons so they ended up being twenty-something cents a roll!!! Not a total loss..was out in 15 minutes and my little one got doughnuts (a rare treat for her) Everyone was happy!! Now, we will have to see how tomorrow works out!!

Can you tell me what brand of paper towels are on sale?? I am running out from when I bought some last year during the stock up and save sale @ Target. ( the Jan sale when they clearanced all the bulk packages.. 74 cents is a STEAL!

I started with the Clackamas Town Center Target this morning, and they were 90% off. Jackpot! So, I went six miles up the road to Mall 205 and found a whole bunch of great stuff, only to discover AFTER I had picked it all out that they were still at 75% off. They didn't offer to price adjust either, and I forgot to ask, so I didn't buy any of it. Bummer. Then I went over to the Target on 122nd and Glisan where they were also 75%, but luckily they price adjusted for me. While I was there I talked to a woman who had just come from the Fairview store, and she told me they were also still 75%. I didn't bother to check the new store at Cascade Station, because I was just there a couple days ago and they had nothing but a few broken ornaments left.

Our Target in Albany OR was still at 75% and we have quite a few things left. Might have to go everyday or call in the morning.

Good to know! My Mom lives in Albany, so she will probably want to see what's left when it goes to 90% off.

Can you tell me what brand of paper towels are on sale?? I am running out from when I bought some last year during the stock up and save sale @ Target. ( the Jan sale when they clearanced all the bulk packages.. 74 cents is a STEAL!

It's the Christmas 2 pack Bounty... the wrapper has a pair of mittens on it.

Does anyone have a rough estimate of when most stores' toys will go to 50%?

I am desperate to find Spike the dinosaur for less than the 90.xx it is now....but my problem is the pickings are slim. After calling around to about 7 different stores, I only found about 3 stores that have ONE left.

Just trying to get a rough idea of when I should go back. Going from store to store on the hunt wouldn't be so difficult without my 2 little ones!