Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

went today Christmas is at 90% but all there is is ornaments and some stragglers i got DS a Yo Gabba Gabba mini lego pack thingy for 49 cents and the box was squished and smashed so it must have been hidden some where and they found it and threw it there, got a case of Christmas balls for 99 cents and thats all nothing else worth buying. Our toys are still 30% are others at 50%?? I see someone already hoping for 75% we have lotsss of toys in the 30% off about 4 aisles and they arent moving at all.

One of my stores had tons and tons of toys on clearance for 50% off. There were things like Thomas the Train TrackMaster, FP SmartFit, FP SmartCycle, Circo Traintable, lots of Playwonder dollhouse stuff (including the actual dollhouse), toddler ride-on toys, etc.

The only thing I saw for 75% off was the SmartCycle games (Scooby Doo, Matchbox Cars, Thomas the Train, Cars, Spongebob).

I checked out the Rosemont, IL store today and they were 90% and had two isle's left. Mostly stockings, tree stands, light hooks, ornaments and some misc. stuff. This is what I found:

###My Little Pony winter pony at .69

###Ornament hooks at .06

###Christmas CD at .69

###UNO card game at .44

###Mini red Christmas tree at .25

###3 Bella Sara boxed pony w/playing cards at .49 each

###Sticky gift tags at .29 a pack

###Farting pen (hey, it was cheap! ; ) at .49

###Pez dispenser at .39

Couldn't find any tape, towels, or oreo's....

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for autolisting

Our store has 5 aisles of toys. All are 50% off. I wish I knew what day they were going to 75%. I see alot there I want to buy. I was tempted today to buy some at 50%. Afriad I will miss them by waiting, but I am taking a chance.

some of the harvest spice imotion air freshners are marked down to 3.98, there are coupons on the other fragrances for 3.00 off, so it makes them only .98 cents. If you are able to find the coupons, some of ours were on the side of an endcap with coupons still on, but usually the coupons always disappear..

Love to Shop--I was so shocked I couldn't even think. I will stay on my toes in the future if I am in that store. I was really worried about the toys--that solar car is for my DH's birthday. I might give a call tomorrow and describe the general circumstances. Really--who takes the stuff out of a customer's cart--isn't the object to get customers to put things in the cart and pay for them?

By the way, I checked out the Chefmate cookie pan box--no cooling racks. I did not see any of the Calphanon sets.

i went tonight. 90% off. Nothing left really. I did get a pack of 500+ winter tatoos for my daughter for $1.40. kai lan bath set for $2.48. I got the sit and spin for $15.38 and I used a $10 off coupon!! I got it for $5.38. Thanks guys!

Rockaway, NJ went 90% today. I told myself yesterday I didn't need to go back but it was right on the way home from work so......

###217027589 Nick and Nora girls PJs- mint green with mice holding presents on the pants 1.49

###086000604 Christmas tea party set- 4 little plates, 4 tea cups with even smaller plates and one teapot 1.49

###067051231 4 pack green beaded napkin rings 99 cents

###059030453 Merry Christmas Splat (a book) 1.52

###007080804 Thomas the Train shaving kit 2.48

Also got some Moto Headz 69 cents and the little skateboards 24 cents- found these in the toy clearance aisle, a few bags of bows 29-39 cents, Hello Kitty lip balm 39 cents, boxed glass ornaments for 25 cents, red tinsel garland 10 cents (great to use instead of ribbon on presents), Carter's PJs for 89 cents- 1.49.

If you're not too far from Rockaway, the following was still there as of 5pm:

the 29 cent Oreos in the reg cookie aisle.

There's a 2T Carter's 2 pack of Xmas girls PJs in the clearance baby clothes. Also several NB and 0-3 month Xmas Carter's onesies.

Fancy Nancy and Dora xmas books on an endcap on the perimeter between electronics and sporting goods.

About 8, maybe 10, fart pens in the toy clearance aisle (i put them all in the same spot right in the middle of the aisle)

Several mini Pooh and Mickey xmas puzzles (14 cents each) and right by the fart pens in the toy clearance aisle.

Oh, and all of those little bath sets for the kids (Thomas, Spiderman, SpongeBob, etc) went to 50% off so they're 2.48. Last year they started at 15% off and never went higher than 50%. This year they started at 30% off so I'm hoping they go to 75%.

FYI- my friend was in a Target today and saw some guys in suits in the toy dept saying the reset would be done by Feb 10.

I checked two stores in Dallas/Fort Worth today and toys were 30% off.....I was told they may go 50% next week. I will continue to check as I found a few things I would like to pick up.

To the poster asking about what time to arrive....at the stores in our area you have to be there early for the popular toys. Last year the big toy I picked up was the Smores pony and I was one of first three people in the store and we all bought the pony (thank goodness there were three!).

Anyone else find it annoying that they are so secretive about when the toys will get marked down? I decided to ask an employee in toys today if she knew about when the toys would get marked down again (to 75%) and she told me she couldnt tell me that because she could get fired! UGH!! Ive ended up buying a few things at 50% even though it was a bit more than I wanted to spend (and I really would have liked the 75% off price) because they were the last one and I didnt want to miss out on them. I just really want to get there early the day things go 75% to try and get a few things that I want that there were a few left of. Ive been calling first thing every morning and im hoping they wont lie to me. Anyone else loosing sleep over this? Lastnight I had a dream I was shopping in target and some lady came and pushed in front of me to grab a bunch of stuff before me, HAHA, wow im so embarrased I just admitted that:D

I checked two stores in Dallas/Fort Worth today and toys were 30% off.....I was told they may go 50% next week. I will continue to check as I found a few things I would like to pick up.

To the poster asking about what time to arrive....at the stores in our area you have to be there early for the popular toys. Last year the big toy I picked up was the Smores pony and I was one of first three people in the store and we all bought the pony (thank goodness there were three!).

Really true! The good stuff goes fast!

Funny about the S'Mores pony, though. We had 4-5 of them sitting in one store after they went 75% off. They never sold. They salvaged them.

Anyone else find it annoying that they are so secretive about when the toys will get marked down? I decided to ask an employee in toys today if she knew about when the toys would get marked down again (to 75%) and she told me she couldnt tell me that because she could get fired! UGH!! Ive ended up buying a few things at 50% even though it was a bit more than I wanted to spend (and I really would have liked the 75% off price) because they were the last one and I didnt want to miss out on them. I just really want to get there early the day things go 75% to try and get a few things that I want that there were a few left of. Ive been calling first thing every morning and im hoping they wont lie to me. Anyone else loosing sleep over this? Lastnight I had a dream I was shopping in target and some lady came and pushed in front of me to grab a bunch of stuff before me, HAHA, wow im so embarrased I just admitted that:D

Don't worry I have bargain-hunting nightmares myself....lol.

But anyways, I know what you mean about the markdowns. After calling every Target in my area last night, every single person told me they didn't know. But one nice lady explained that they don't tell employees because they don't want them telling family/friends...blah blah blah...but isn't the point of marking down toys to get them out of there anyways? lol...got me. But yea. It is annoying.

Hi,

This will be my first year trying to hit the 75% off toy sale. Do all the good toys sell that first morning? Do you really have to be there when it opens? I'm so excited to check it out this year.

Thanks for all the tips :)

Last toy clearance I was there by 815 am. There was just one lady filling up her cart before me. It was just the two of us picking the best stuff. She had two carts full and I had one. I would say if you want the best pick of items, I would go between 8 and 9. Hope this helps.

LOL! While they might be able to be fired over it, she isn't really telling the truth. The truth is they don't know. I have gotten to know the price change team pretty well over the last 5-6 years, and they have all told me that they honestly don't know. They have some idea, based on experience, when to expect something to drop, but I've been there when they've been shocked to see something not go down on a particular day or week. The information comes through the computer system into their PDAs, and they go through item by item looking for things. They go through systematically because things are supposed to be in particular locations, so that is where they look. For Toy clearance, they just go through a section at a time and scan everything to check it. I've had cashiers guess and be wrong on most occasions. We often know the schedule better than they do unless they are stalking an item like we do.

Oh, and as for calling, again, they don't always have accurate info when you call. They will see a sign and make an assumption without checking. Some store operators are not the people in guest services. At least one store I shop has the changing room attendant acting as store operator all day. She can't see what is going on, so you can't really rely on a phone call. You might or might not get good info.

Last toy clearance I was there by 815 am. There was just one lady filling up her cart before me. It was just the two of us picking the best stuff. She had two carts full and I had one. I would say if you want the best pick of items, I would go between 8 and 9. Hope this helps.

Thanks! So my question is how did you know that was the day to be there when they opened? Do you just go every day around when you think the prices will drop?

My experience with the toy clearance is this...you have to be there in the morning, but you don't want to be there TOO early unless you want to wait around for them to start marking down. (Which you can do, but I usually have to have one or both kids with me and that just doesn't work out). Both stores I went to last year and this summer were marking at 9:00ish. I think it varies store to store, though...some seem to mark down over night and in that case you obviously want to be there first thing.

I have long since given up asking employees when it will get marked down. Even if they know (which most of them probably don't), they can't tell you. And I think they all get really annoyed with all of the people asking/calling to find out when things are 75% off. Obviously Target wants us all to buy the toys NOW rather than tell us exactly when they will be even cheaper. There are a couple of friendly employees that I will chat with to try to find out info, but they never flat out tell me when it's going to happen.

Does anyone else feel like it's going to be the 21st instead of the 14th? For some reason I just don't feel like it will be next week. Maybe b/c so many stores are still at 30% off. I know that sometimes they just all-out skip 50% off, but I feel like they will keep it at 50 a little longer. Of course, I'll be there next week just in case!

One last question...I think that last year one local store marked down on Wednesday. Is that possible or am I just making things up?

Just a small gripe... I had to miss the 90% off, as it was -11 here this morning and the roads are still terrible from Saturday's snow. The closest Target (40 miles) never has anything left, as they are the only one in a 70 mile radius of a big city. The good one is in a tourist town 50 miles away down curvy back roads.

If only it went tomorrow... :(

So I looked at my receipt from last year, and at my store the toys went 75% 01/15/2009 (thursday - i believe)

I guess I'll be in there next week!:cheesy: hopefullyyyyy it will go the same week!!

Wow! I'm impressed at how organised you are if you were able to find your 75% off toys Target receipt from last year! :eyepoppin

Lots of activity in toys section in all Targets I've been to this week. Hopefully next week is the big week. Although I dont have my eyes set for anything, I know I'll be there when it happens and will end up buying a bunch! lol

The store on the east side was 90% off too. They had tons of wrapping paper and different items than the Louise store. I even found a 2009 Holiday Barbie at 90% off for $3.98!!!:cheesy:

I noticed that! Whatever the east store had the west store didn't, and vice versa. I managed to get 13 boxes of the Reynolds Wrap for 29¢ at the east store, and two boxes of Ritz snowflake crackers for 29¢. Found the Trio Sets, 6 of them, at the west store for 49¢. The west store was crazy. The Reynolds Wrap, Paper Towels, and Ziploc were scattered about like someone was definitely looking for the Christmas-themed ones. I never even thought to look for the Barbie. I really wanted some lights or something at least that lit up, but there was nothing left by the time I got to both of them. Was there anything good at 8am?

Has anyone seen the Fisher Price Groovin Microphone thing. I saw it at one store for 30% off, but haven't seen it since then. At $50 orig price there was no way I was buying it but would consider it at 50% off. Also got Lightning McQueen and Mater shake and go cars for $3.98 each. Also got some spy gear spyder trap thing for $3.98. I was surprised they sold them to me as they were showing up item not listed, but I just went to the front and asked. Obviously I got a nice cashier who got their manager and they checked me out pretty quick.

Diamond Bar and West Covina South Target are 90%

Picked up:

###086000831 Zubber .59

###086000831 Snwflake .19

###087000002 Bakugan .29

###087090179 Disney Puzzl .14

###204030158 Die Cast 1.99

###204070334 Megablocks .49

###204070380 Trio .49

###204100398 SNS Jr .69

###087020292 Spy Gear .69

###204030113 Geo Holiday 1.74

Anyone else loosing sleep over this? Lastnight I had a dream I was shopping in target and some lady came and pushed in front of me to grab a bunch of stuff before me, HAHA, wow im so embarrased I just admitted that:D

LOL!! Yes, I have had Target clearance nightmares, that's what happens when you are as obsessed as we are......:D