Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

OH - Yankee Candle fans - I did notice that there were 50% off clearance markdowns on some holiday Yankee Candle products 9for the Target stores that sell Yankee). CROSSING MY FINGERS that they do go down to 75% off. THEN they would be cheaper than the semi-annual sale at their actual stores.

90% off at the Mission Target in KC. They had actually reorganized the whole area, which was nice. There were about 25 packs of Oreos sitting there, too...got a few for $.27! Also got a few random ornaments, but that was about it! If you are in the market for a tree stand, they have about 30 of them still!

I also found a bounty of Teck Decks (mini skateboards) in the toy area on an endcap. They were part of the Christmas section and rang up $.24 each! Woo!

As I was getting in line, two Target Employees (in uniform, with name tags, and one even had a scanner on her belt) got in line in front of me. They each had an armfull of Pepperidge Farm cookies that were holiday packaged (at least 10 each). I knew they would be 90% off so I asked if there were any left. The lady turned around and said, "NO! We just cleared them all out!! These are on sale for $.33 each!!" The other lady in line looked at me in shock. Seriously? I couldn't believe they were not only checking out during work (maybe on break or something, but still), cleared the shelf, and then were all cheerful and bragging about the great price and the fact that they cleared the shelf to customers. I'm all for employees getting to get in on the good deals, too, but it just seemed wrong.

Other than that, I was happy with my scores.

I also got the Monty Rex for $19.50 after the $10 coupon. I wanted to hold out until 75% off, but I thought either he would be gone or my coupon would expire before then.

90% off at the Mission Target in KC. They had actually reorganized the whole area, which was nice. There were about 25 packs of Oreos sitting there, too...got a few for $.27! Also got a few random ornaments, but that was about it! If you are in the market for a tree stand, they have about 30 of them still!

I also found a bounty of Teck Decks (mini skateboards) in the toy area on an endcap. They were part of the Christmas section and rang up $.24 each! Woo!

As I was getting in line, two Target Employees (in uniform, with name tags, and one even had a scanner on her belt) got in line in front of me. They each had an armfull of Pepperidge Farm cookies that were holiday packaged (at least 10 each). I knew they would be 90% off so I asked if there were any left. The lady turned around and said, "NO! We just cleared them all out!! These are on sale for $.33 each!!" The other lady in line looked at me in shock. Seriously? I couldn't believe they were not only checking out during work (maybe on break or something, but still), cleared the shelf, and then were all cheerful and bragging about the great price and the fact that they cleared the shelf to customers. I'm all for employees getting to get in on the good deals, too, but it just seemed wrong.

I also got the Monty Rex for $19.50 after the $10 coupon. I wanted to hold out until 75% off, but I thought either he would be gone or my coupon would expire before then.

employees seem gutsy this year! I too experienced this today. An Employee had a flatbed of stuff, yes a flatbed.... and customers were trying to touch the stuff, as it went 90%, and the employee said that it all was hers... nuts right!

90% off at my store...not a ton of stuff left. :(

Toy section was condensed somewhat but not completely finished. Still at 30%, I did pick up a couple of LEGO's as those seem to disappear at any percentage off quickly. I went through the line of the cashier who is always so nice and always rings me up. I made a comment that I had to get these because I was worried that if they went lower I would miss out. She told me if I kept my reciept and they went lower within the next 14 days I could get a price adjustment. I made sure to ask twice if that was also with the toy clearance and she told me yes, just take the reciept to customer service and I would receive the price adjusmtent. So, will be keeping my eye out in hopes that the items I bought go 50 or even 75 in the next 14 days!! Have to say the toy section isn't as exciting this year as it has been in the past...will be checking the other 3 around me later this week. ;)

90% off at my store...not a ton of stuff left. :(

Toy section was condensed somewhat but not completely finished. Still at 30%, I did pick up a couple of LEGO's as those seem to disappear at any percentage off quickly. I went through the line of the cashier who is always so nice and always rings me up. I made a comment that I had to get these because I was worried that if they went lower I would miss out. She told me if I kept my reciept and they went lower within the next 14 days I could get a price adjustment. I made sure to ask twice if that was also with the toy clearance and she told me yes, just take the reciept to customer service and I would receive the price adjusmtent. So, will be keeping my eye out in hopes that the items I bought go 50 or even 75 in the next 14 days!! Have to say the toy section isn't as exciting this year as it has been in the past...will be checking the other 3 around me later this week. ;)

I really believe the cashier is mistaken. Target will not PA on clearance items. They will PA if something is an advertised sale and you have purchased an item within the 14 day period. It sounds as if she is a little confused about the policy. I would check with CS before you make any purchases at 50% hoping to get an PA later.

ETA: Here is the PA policy off the Target website...

Target Stores Price Adjustment Policy

• If Target advertises a lower price either the same week or the week following your purchase, bring in your original sales receipt to Guest Services for an adjustment.

• Exclusions: Price adjustments are not made for clearance prices or Target.com prices.

Edited by shoppinmama

90% here too and no competition today! I was in the section all by myself for like 30 mins! Then I did my around the store scavenger hunt and found some nice goodies!! I forgot to go look for oreos though, but oh well. I did find 21 rolls of tape for .19 each though!! I got them all. I wouldn't have but they were all in the regular tape isle and I figured no one would find them anyway. The cashier asked if they were more and I told her to grab her a few of those but she wouldn't even after I insisted over and over. Even tried telling her that I didn't want some of them so to put them down in her box, but she laughed and wouldn't do it. Oh well, at least I tried. Here's what I got....

###Holiday Earring Trio x2 .69 ea

###Nick & Nora PJ set 1.49

###Carters PJ set with 2 sets 1.49

###XH Woven Dress x2 3.74

###Black Holiday Dress 5.48

###Bath Set x4 .99 ea

###Luxe Bath Set .99

###2pk Kitchen Towels .39

###Glad Press N Seal Wrap .29

###Reynolds Wrap .29 (^they were both right there in the Christmas isle, I couldn't even find them when I searched high and low for them at 75%! So I was excited!!)

###Light Clips x5 .39 ea

###LED Icicles .99

###Lighted lawn stake branches 1.99

###Phillips Lights Green x29 .44ea

###Solid Colored Mini Lights x19 .19 ea

###Picture Frame Ornament x2 .19 ea

###Gift Wrap .30

###Premium Gift Wrap .39

###Princess Santa Hat .99

###Clay Ornaments .49

###Gutter Clips x4 .49

###35 ct Stationary x2 .30 ea

###Scotch Magic Tape x12 .19 ea

###Scotch Gift wrap Tape x9 .19 ea

###Moonsand .39

###Transformers 3pk .89

###GI Joe 3 pk .89

###Nick Jr Bubble Whistle .39

###Cars Shake N Go x2 .99

###See N Say Jr x3 .69

Found a couple Mr. Men Plush Sets and a Princess art set mixed in with toys, but I didn't need them so I set them out on an empty endcap in toys for someone else to easily find. There was still 1 isle full on both sides, 1 side of another isle, an endcap of wrapping paper, and an endcap of cards left when I left.

Oh, one more thing, are they near the lego section or baby section or? I'm going to be limited on time at lunch today! :)

I gotta go hunt these down... My son's birthday is this weekend and I need some desperately for his goody bags...

FYI to all. There will be no Global Bazaar or Home Design this year. It will be all the bulk items, in effort to drive more sales. Announced today on the news in MN, where Target is headquartered.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_14122442

Too bad. Although last year, they salvaged most of the stuff before it got cheap enough to buy, so maybe not a big deal.

I figured as much - and I'm heartbroken. The new section is tacky and doesn't interest me. I made some great scores in the Home Design section last year and was hoping for more (a lot of blank walls right now). I did see people buying it at full price (or almost full price, seemed like it went to 30% almost immediately). Then again, I live in an area with a lot of new homes and apartments and a lot of students - maybe it didn't do so well in other areas.

Lots of women's clothing 75% off, including jeans, t's, sweaters, and:

### Women's "Limited Edition" holiday/party dresses 75% off ($9.98)

To the poster looking for tandem strollers, there were several different styles/brands. I will try to remember to write down DCPI's next time.

Manteca CA. went to 90% off and most toys are 50% although it says 30%. Scored a really cute Frog Princess lipgloss set for only .49. Also got a awesome deal on flower bulbs in their own pots for 90% off! They came to 99 cents! You can't even get the ceramic pot for that price. They were located in the area with the artifical flowers over by the candles. Good Luck!

I really believe the cashier is mistaken. Target will not PA on clearance items. They will PA if something is an advertised sale and you have purchased an item within the 14 day period. It sounds as if she is a little confused about the policy. I would check with CS before you make any purchases at 50% hoping to get an PA later.

ETA: Here is the PA policy off the Target website...

Target Stores Price Adjustment Policy

• If Target advertises a lower price either the same week or the week following your purchase, bring in your original sales receipt to Guest Services for an adjustment.

• Exclusions: Price adjustments are not made for clearance prices or Target.com prices.

Well, was hoping she was right...oh well. Had to get the LEGO's, since there were only 2 left. Sorry if I misinformed anyone.

IF the team members were on a break or a lunch, I don't see a problem with them getting the items. I do think bragging about clearing them all out and then bragging about the price was a bit tacky, though.

If they were not on a break or lunch, that is a whole different story.

I figured as much - and I'm heartbroken. The new section is tacky and doesn't interest me. I made some great scores in the Home Design section last year and was hoping for more (a lot of blank walls right now). I did see people buying it at full price (or almost full price, seemed like it went to 30% almost immediately). Then again, I live in an area with a lot of new homes and apartments and a lot of students - maybe it didn't do so well in other areas.

I'm loving the new bulk area at Target. I buy a lot of the items they are offering in the bulk packs. They are also carrying designer items. I saw Ed Hardy bags, Calvin Klein, etc while shopping last night. I don't usually buy the furniture, though.

Plus as a team member who has to stock, the bulk items really are easier to set-up and stock than Global Bazaar. :cheesy:

I went to Mission Target this morning too and didn't find the oreos (rats... I was hoping to find at least 1-2 of those-- haven't had any in awhile and they sounded good.) I did find TONS of Ritz crackers in the regular aisle for 29 cents. I bought a few boxes to satisfy snack duty for each kiddo at school and just a couple for home. The date on the box was February and I've learned from past experience that buying up a ton doesn't do me any good when my kids announce that they are sick and tired of eating (fill in the blank... Goldfish, fruit snacks, Ritz, etc....) So, there were quite a few Ritz left on the shelf when I left.

Also saw a whole bunch of Ghiradelli (sp) chocolates in the regular aisle. I didn't take anything other than the carmel, mixed and mint flavors so there were a ton of raspberry/chocolate and peanut butter/ chocolate left. There were also some bags of mixed left. (I didn't clear all those out.) I love, love the mint and the carmel though, so anytime I found those, I grabbed them. (Most candy was only 75% off everywhere that I found any though.)

Major score on books at State Line. LOTS of books scattered everywhere. Nice hardbacks too-- ranging in the $15-$16 range. Marley the dog Christmas, Curious George... etc. Look in the regular book aisles. Also, found lots of tape in the regular aisle at this store. Also, lots of Hello Kitty lip gloss packs for 39 cents.

That was all I had time for. At all but one store I didn't even go down the Christmas aisle. Anymore, I swear its just the thrill of finding stuff that is hidden in plain site. I love the hunt.

Sadly, stuff has gotten harder to find though.

I went to a different Target today (Foothill Ranch area in CA). They have a LOT of ornaments, tree stands, stockings and tree skirts. Some wrapping paper, too. Toys are 50%, there is a Spike, but his cardboard box is torn. They were in the process of consolidating the toys.

An employee (red jacket, name tag, radio) took all my shopping OUT of my cart and took my cart while I was picking out some wrapping paper. I was soooo shocked. I was looking and looking for the cart, saw him loading up a cart and asked him if he took my cart. He said yes, my shopping was on the endcap. I just looked at him and told him I wanted the cart back. He didn't even apologize! He told me I wasn't near the cart--really the whole space isn't that big, I'm short and was reaching for gift wrap. I didn't have any small childern with me, so I parked the cart out of the way of those with kids.....I'm just happy I got my toys back.

In the cosmetics area there are a LOT of ELF gift sets 50% off.

####Solar RC Car $12.50 (50%)

#### Clue Arcade $5.00

#### ELF lip gloss $2.50 (50%

Edited by trbarginhunter
typo

I went to a different Target today (Foothill Ranch area in CA). They have a LOT of ornaments, tree stands, stockings and tree skirts. Some wrapping paper, too. Toys are 50%, there is a Spike, but his cardboard box is torn. They were in the process of consolidating the toys.

An employee (red jacket, name tag, radio) took all my shopping OUT of my cart and took my cart while I was picking out some wrapping paper. I was soooo shocked. I was looking and looking for the cart, saw him loading up a cart and asked him if he took my cart. He said yes, my shopping was on the endcap. I just looked at him and told him I wanted the cart back. He didn't even apologize! He told me I wasn't near the cart--really the whole space isn't that big, I'm short and was reaching for gift wrap. I didn't have any small childern with me, so I parked the cart out of the way of those with kids.....I'm just happy I got my toys back.

In the cosmetics area there are a LOT of ELF gift sets 50% off.

####Solar RC Car $12.50 (50%)

#### Clue Arcade $5.00

#### ELF lip gloss $2.50 (50%

I would SO have gotten his name and called that in to the 800 number!

Are you serious? I called right away this morning at 8 and they said it was only 75% off. I'm so mad now! Let me know what you find out about the other store...I might try to hit both of them up quick!

The store on the east side was 90% off too. They had tons of wrapping paper and different items than the Louise store. I even found a 2009 Holiday Barbie at 90% off for $3.98!!!:cheesy:

The store on the east side was 90% off too. They had tons of wrapping paper and different items than the Louise store. I even found a 2009 Holiday Barbie at 90% off for $3.98!!!:cheesy:

Wow! Awesome find on the barbie! :) OMG I GOTTA HAVE ONE!

Edited by 1angelnhvn

Did it ring up automatically that way? Or did you have to talk them into the price?

In my part of NY Christmas is 90%. Not much left. Mostly trees. I bought 2 star wars stockings for .99 each and a choxie small box for .42. Our toy section is still 30% and isn't as large as last year. I asked when they were going to 50% but no one had an answer (as usual)