Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

Anyone been out today and notice what % off non N Marcus Christmas stuff is marked? I need green stuff for a shower and am hopeful I can find most of it for cheap in Christmas clearance. Tia!

At the stores I visit, it appears that the Neiman Marcus team up has been a bit of a fail. I imagine there will be plenty left over (here anyway). Ours has been at 50% off all week, and there is still a lot left. This is a store that sits in a pretty high income bracket area too.

Was very happy with my target shopping this morning. I got some paper products, although somebody had 30 Reynolds aluminum wraps in their cart, So no more for the rest of us. In the Dixie paper plates with the reindeer on them there were coupons which I was able to use! Also my stores never seem to have any goldfish or Oreos left over and I was happy to find those as well! Look to your coupons as I was able to use coupons on the glad products, the Dixie products, and the solo products.

[ATTACH]7187[/ATTACH]

post-162344-137262200514_thumb.jpg

I got my usual tons of stuff at Target this morning! :) I got a bunch of flameless candles because I am obssessed with them! :) I got paper towels, ziploc freezer bags and a few of the Glad plastic storage food container sets. I loved the dollar spot clearance. Once again there were signs everywhere for the 50% off but it was only yellow dot. I hate how they do that now. I got a ton of those shaped erasers, the animal and dessert ones. I got some of those mini rubic cubes things, some small flashlights and a few odds and ends for myself. I give all that dollar spot stuff to Operation Christmas Child for the shoebox project. Oh, I got Russell Stovers candy, my favorite!, and the Planters specialty nuts in the tin. Good deals for half price. :)

On a scary note I have never seen Target so unbusy on the day after Christmas and I've been shopping at Target for probably 15 years. Usually there are people with carts heaping full and there are usually long lines. Never mattered if it was a work day or not. Not many full carts and only one person in line to have to wait for. I've never thought the "down" economy affected us that much (university and teaching hospital here) but now I see it. I can't believe the amount of lights they had too. Lots of times there's not much left to choose from. The busiest store I found was Hobby Lobby!

Just wanted to say I found quite a lot of "Christmas" stuff not signed but scanning 50%... Much more than ever before. Hickory farms, planters holiday nuts, archer farms holiday, girls headbands, etc all in reg aisles or end caps not marked. Edited by boredbread

Xmas stuff was at 50% off at Midtown Target. Bagged chocolates were at 30%. They still had lights left (both LED and regular), TONS of wrapping paper, bows, paper products, gift bags, boxes and tags. Not much in ornaments. I was hoping to wait for 75% off, but grabbed what I wanted.

very busy at my target, i dont think there will be much left by this weekend. candy was 30% off, other items 50% off. they were still moving some things to the christmas area from other parts in the store- i price checked the target brand kleenex (in reindeer and penguin square boxes) and they were half off so i grabbed a few.

Went to target today well after noon. Found several isles of Christmas items, and many food items not traditionally thought of as Christmas - bags of Stacey's Pita Chips for example, that had small snow flakes on a corner (but were still 50% off). There were still trees, LED lights, wrap, etc. hit the stocking stuffer items hard for birthdays gifts from kids through the year, and took care of next years Christmas PJ's.

Glad to see the small bag of goldfish were ringing 50% off. I checked the large cartons, and just like Halloween, regular price. So, grabbed a few of the small bags. Expiration was Feb 3rd. The Up & Up brand tissues 90 count were .69 so stocked up on those as they are never left at 70%.

Didn't go early, so I missed all of the foil and ziploc baggies. Question...did anyone find papertowels or napkins marked down? The Christmasy ones that I scanned (one with a reddish design, one with "Let it Snow" on them) didn't ring up at 50% off.

Was happy to find the winter pine cat littler marked down to 30% off with a peel off coupon for two free Fancy Feast foods...net cost about $3 (orig $6.99!).

It seemed like the whole store was on clearance in one way or another.

Forgot to mention, there were no Legos on sale at all. Whatever was 30% off from last week, is all gone; never seen this happen before. Did not see a single Ninjago, almost no Star Wars sets left.

I told my kids I would get some legos on clearance, I am in big trouble...!

Forgot to mention, there were no Legos on sale at all. Whatever was 30% off from last week, is all gone; never seen this happen before. Did not see a single Ninjago, almost no Star Wars sets left.

I told my kids I would get some legos on clearance, I am in big trouble...!

There is a chance they brought it all in the back to mark it down and will re-shelf it later.

Since I was at my store when they opened I got some 2 pk Bounty paper towels at 1.99 reg 3.99. They also had Ziploc freezer size bags (got some of those), Reynolds Wrap (still have 10 roles from the last couple of years so didn't get any), Glad wrap (the grab kind-got a couple) and the Glad plastic kitchen food saver sets (they brought a whole box of those out about 30 or 45 minutes after they opened).

Is toy clearance all over the place everywhere this year? I have only checked clearance at one store so I'm not sure if their schedule is wonky or if they are switching around the markdown schedule. Some toys went 50% on Christmas Eve (which I thought maybe I was wrong, BIL confirmed that they marked toys that day though). Toys that I had not seen in months, so I am assuming they pulled them from the back and put them straight at 50%. It seems like this year will be way smaller than in the past. Most of the things that were marked 30% are long gone with the Christmas rush. According to BIL they usually don't mark down so much so early.

Anyone have any guesses on dates for 50%/70%?

Gosh, so what's up with Target Toy Clearance? It looks to me like they are not doing it in January! Just got back from my Super Target and most of the clearance toys were at 30% and 50% already. AND they were really picked over. TONS of empty clearance pegs in the aisles and on the clearance endcaps. I'm not used to seeing the toys clearanced "in line" with the other toys (non-clearance) but that is how they were doing it. There was not a toy clearance aisle, everything was marked way down and on the regular aisles. Anyone else seeing this?? Again, I don't see there will be a lot left for January. I picked up a few toys that were already out of the system and couldn't even get a price.

Gosh, so what's up with Target Toy Clearance? There was not a toy clearance aisle, everything was marked way down and on the regular aisles. Anyone else seeing .

That is how it was here for July toy clearance and I liked it better that way.

If anyone sees the dollar spot drop to 70% I'd appreciate letting us know. Thanks!

That is how it was here for July toy clearance and I liked it better that way.

If anyone sees the dollar spot drop to 70% I'd appreciate letting us know. Thanks!

I checked the signage at the dollar spot when I was there today and the 50% off sign said 12/26/12-12/27/12 so I'm thinking it's tomorrow. Strange amt of time but I'm going to check it out tomorrow.