Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Went to Target for the 4th time in 3 days. I guess I really needed retail therapy.

Found some hot drink bags with a wire wisk attached for .99 I got the Chai but I know there were other kinds and I found Glad Press and Seals for .99.

Saw a Smart Cycle red-stickered for $69.99 so those might be well worth watching.

See Spot Save was 75% off and it was over-flowing. It was marked at all. The only way I knew to check it was by reading about it here. I luv Gottadeal :yup:

I wonder about 90%....

Last yr I have marked ours went 75% on the 31st and went 90% on the 6th, this year ours went 75% on the 29th so if they follow with the same span that would be what the 4th? Just wondering what schedule they will go by.

Yeah, good chance. We all tend to get in a hurry and expect 90% too early.

Well, after the LPS & MLP Advent Calendar discussion, I have to share my story from today. The other day I grabbed a few from the toys and took them to the front, but none of those young, innocent looking types were working, and I figured I wouldn't get anywhere, so left them behind. Well, when they got worked as go-backs, someone stocked them all in the Christmas section. And their old place in toys was filled in with HSM clearance toys. No tag left on the shelf. So, I picked them up today and hauled them to the front. They rang up full price, as expected, but I said, "Hey, those were all stocked in the Christmas clearance." They called the front end manager (who isn't exactly unfriendly, but isn't thrilled to give me a deal either) who called toys. The toy people were apparently clueless, so the manager said, "Go ahead. It isn't my fault they stocked them in the wrong place." :yup::yup: So, yeah. I got them.

Thanks for all the great tips! This is something that I haven't seen posted yet...

Turtle Wax ICE ultimate car care gift hit - in nice black zippered case - in with the regular car care stuff - on an endcap though. No clearance sticker. On clearance for $7.49 - down from $29.99! UPC: 074660120088

It has 7 items in it - car wash, liquid polish, spray detailer, glass cleaner, total interior care, microfiber towels and ice applicator.

Doesn't look Christmas-y either.

Christmas still 75%. Dollar spot was 75%, but had a 50% off sign. Picked up loads of holiday pins and some stickers for next year. They also had Dubble Bubble gumballs (bag of 6.5 oz) in the dollar spot for .25 (we have gumball machines, so that's perfect). 2 oz Jack Daniel's coffee packs also .25. Deal of the day for me was the Schick Quattro Titanium:

###049060004 Schick Quattro Titanium travel set (1 razor, 5 cartridges, 1 alarm clock, 4 AAA Energizer batteries, 2 luggage tags) 4.98 was 9.99 - $2 Schick Q, -1 Energizer Q = $1.98!!:eyepoppin

###75% off dollar spot - black only

Come on 90%!! My money's burning a hole in my pocket!!:)

Haven't seen this one before. Picked up a 20 piece set of silverware - pattern is Alpine something or other, possibly Alpine Lace. (sorry, threw out the box) The box is white with a couple of snowflakes. Started out at 49, it's 75% off now for 12.XX

Silverware doesn't look Christmas-y to me. Solid handles that are crosshatched, almost a pineapple type pattern.

went to target for the 2nd time in 3 days. the first time around i got 10 boxes of the goldfish crackers for 92 cents a box.

today i went back to get more and there was none left where i found them the other day. so i was walking down the snack aisle and where they have the regular stock of goldfish crackers, there were the rest of the holiday ones! I bought all they had left, about 12 boxes. I gave half to my sister and i am keeping some and giving the rest to my DD's teacher as s he keeps a snack closet for kids who forget their snack or are still hungry after they eat what they brough.

Got lucky today in Las Vegas. Went to to Target for Christmas Decorations and the one store had nothing left so I went to another one and they were packed. I asked for a manager and said I know you will be going to 90% soon if I buy hundreds of boxes of lights can you do that for me now, she said sure so after 50,000 lights, 5 wire trees, 5 6' trees, 2 pakages of the 4 1/2' potted trees(2 pk) extension cords ect, only $210 with tax!!

Got lucky today in Las Vegas. Went to to Target for Christmas Decorations and the one store had nothing left so I went to another one and they were packed. I asked for a manager and said I know you will be going to 90% soon if I buy hundreds of boxes of lights can you do that for me now, she said sure so after 50,000 lights, 5 wire trees, 5 6' trees, 2 pakages of the 4 1/2' potted trees(2 pk) extension cords ect, only $210 with tax!!

It doesn't surprise me because when school supplies went on clearance I bought 100's of notebooks for my kids school and the person in charge in that department came up to me as I was paying and thanked me for getting rid of it!

Those potted trees are 19.99 a pair online on their site

I went to Target today. I was disappointed that the Christmas clearance was not 90% off, as last year, on Jan. 1., it was. I went to the Marlton, NJ store. There were aisles of stuff there. Then I went to the Voorhees store, hoping it was 90%, but no such luck. Both stores were still 75%. Very little Christmas items left there. I did get a Rival 18 qt. electric roaster pan marked down from $40.00 to $10.00. (Not that I needed one.) The clerk said they had overstocked them. I'm going back tomorrow to see if 90% clearance has come. Last year, it was already 90%.

Haven't seen this one before. Picked up a 20 piece set of silverware - pattern is Alpine something or other, possibly Alpine Lace. (sorry, threw out the box) The box is white with a couple of snowflakes. Started out at 49, it's 75% off now for 12.XX

Silverware doesn't look Christmas-y to me. Solid handles that are crosshatched, almost a pineapple type pattern.

I saw those and thought they were really nice and you are right -they did not look like Christmas at all. great find. of course they were gone by time I got off work and got to T:mad:

I went to Target today. I was disappointed that the Christmas clearance was not 90% off, as last year, on Jan. 1., it was. I went to the Marlton, NJ store. There were aisles of stuff there. Then I went to the Voorhees store, hoping it was 90%, but no such luck. Both stores were still 75%. Very little Christmas items left there. I did get a Rival 18 qt. electric roaster pan marked down from $40.00 to $10.00. (Not that I needed one.) The clerk said they had overstocked them. I'm going back tomorrow to see if 90% clearance has come. Last year, it was already 90%.

Hey! I'm in Mount Laurel!

Was at the Target in Centerton Square this morning and they were picked clean.

Got the last five Goldfish boxes (92 cents each), ten 3 packs lip balm in Gingerbread, Peppermint, and Vanilla flavors (74 cents each) Command hooks ($1.24), and a few other items 75% off at the dollar spot.

I may have to hit the Marlton store tomorrow!

I know a couple of people mentioned that it was 90% on Jan 1 last year, but I did not find anyone had actually reported that in the discussion from last year. The first report of it actually being 90% last year was on 1/4. Interestingly, in last year's thread, some people also reported that the year previously it had been 90% on the 1st, but someone else pointed out that according to the 2007 thread it had not gone 90% until the 3rd, at least based on what was reported here on the site.

Went to Target for the 4th time in 3 days. I guess I really needed retail therapy.

Found some hot drink bags with a wire wisk attached for .99 I got the Chai but I know there were other kinds and I found Glad Press and Seals for .99.

:

Hi Juanadeal -

Can I ask which Target you were at?? I haven't seen the Press & Seal in my clearance searches. Was there much left. I was at the Union NJ Target yesterday and it was a big mess, you really had to dig.

I was at voorhees the other day. Either of you been to Cherry Hill - what's their stock like?

Was there on Monday. Got a few of those seasonal gifts for $2.50 each (usually found on an endcap, red box, in the $5.00 - $20.00 regular price range).

Nothing really great though. They were pretty much cleared out.

Don't know if they brought out any additional items since then.

Today the Mount Laurel store was setting up cleaning supplies and bathroom items in seasonal area.

The SuperTarget in Ocoee, FL had an endcap full of the .92 goldfish crackers, with no sign. Still dozens left! Also, bins full of cute Disney Princess stickers and tatoos in the dollar area (now .25 each) - great for goodie bags and party favors!

I know a couple of people mentioned that it was 90% on Jan 1 last year, but I did not find anyone had actually reported that in the discussion from last year. The first report of it actually being 90% last year was on 1/4. Interestingly, in last year's thread, some people also reported that the year previously it had been 90% on the 1st, but someone else pointed out that according to the 2007 thread it had not gone 90% until the 3rd, at least based on what was reported here on the site.

Last year, my sister and I were at the Voorhees, NJ store on Jan. 1st and it was 90% off. That was the only store I went to on that day so, I don't know about other stores. I will say, at 90% off, I buy things I would never otherwise buy!! (But it makes makes me happy and it's cheap happiness!)

Last year, my sister and I were at the Voorhees, NJ store on Jan. 1st and it was 90% off. That was the only store I went to on that day so, I don't know about other stores. I will say, at 90% off, I buy things I would never otherwise buy!! (But it makes makes me happy and it's cheap happiness!)

And it is certainly possible it happened at some stores, but no one actually reported it. Looks like you joined late in the year, so you would not have had a chance to report it back then.

For those looking for the LPS advent calendars you can also find them at Walmart. Our stores are 50% off and they are ringing up $3.00. We got one from Target last year and loved it. My son is 9 and we would fight over who would open it each day. We had so much fun. Also you can find the MLP ones too.

See Spot Save was 75% off and it was over-flowing. It was marked at all. The only way I knew to check it was by reading about it here. I luv Gottadeal :yup:

I'm curious - what is See Spot Save and which isle would I be able to find it? (I googled it and I found a mention of a gadget like GPS - is that what you were referring too?)

Guest mzannetti

What do these look like? Does anyone have a upc?

Donna:eyepoppin

Te blue tooth headsets are one of those pre-packaged gifts, $20. It is wierd because i have been to 3 different targets in my area and each one seems to have something the others do not.

At one i saw 30 holiday throw blankets, another 6 blue tooth headsets. I wonder what will be left.

I am leaving for Home Depot and Target in 15 minutes. :)