Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I'm in Ca. and made some $spot purchases at 50% off during the fall. When it went to 75% I bought more and returned the 50% off ones I purchased. They credited me the %50 off back to my card. I had a receipt though. FYI. I'm in So. Cal. in the South Bay. As I was waiting in line to do the transaction, I was reading that sign that you're all talking about.

I'm in Ca. and made some $spot purchases at 50% off during the fall. When it went to 75% I bought more and returned the 50% off ones I purchased. They credited me the %50 off back to my card. I had a receipt though. FYI. I'm in So. Cal. in the South Bay. As I was waiting in line to do the transaction, I was reading that sign that you're all talking about.

$spot merchandise is not considered seasonal. the same rule does not apply. it only applies to Christmas, Valentines, Halloween and that sort of stuff set up in their special areas. Everything else gets the regular policy. It basically boils down to the items that go 90% off, with the possible exception of Back to School. I've never tried returning that stuff, so I don't know the rule there.

Should everything with Christmasy pattern be marked-down to 75%? I was at Target yesterday and I found two packs of chapstick that had snow flalkes on the packaging. It said cherry and sugar cookies flavors and it also said special edition. This was clearly created for Christmas (not regular flavors, packaging, etc.) but it scanned at regular price and when I brought it down to cashier she said sorry it doesn't scan at 75% off so this is not included in the sale. Was she right? Shoulld I have pursued with customer sercvice or found a person with mark-down gun and ask them about it? Tnx.

I did find two packs of Electrasol powerball tabs (32 tab box with pinguins) for $1.xx. Never tried them before so we'll have to see how it works. Also some toothpaste two packs on clearance. No goldfish Christmas packages left though...

Going to check out my Target as I need a legitimate item. Hope things miracuously become 90% off when I get there. Also, last year, I remember the Target in Rossford, OH went 90% on a Saturday morning (I stopped on my way out of town for a wrestling tournament so it was right at opening) so if it is not today, probably tomorrow since dates shift each calendar year. Only problem is, we are supposed to get an ice storm overnight so I probably won't get there first thing tomorrow.

I had been watching the following for months and could not believe they were on clearance today - 75% off!!!

Twin size Woolrich Patchwork Quilt Sets which are usually $81.49 each was on clearance for 75% off along with the matching sheet set!!! For around $28 total I got a quilt set and sheet set!!!

I have been watching this set too and wanting it so badly for my sons room but ours hasn't even went to anything on sale let alone 75%!!! Did you just happen to find it for 75% off or had it gone through the whole mark down process? And were the pillows included in this?

Don't know if this has been mentioned before by target has a $20.00 courtesy , which means they aren't suppose to fight with a customer if they say it is cheaper then it rings up, so i buy something that rang up for 12.00 and the shelves say 9.00 they are suppose to give it to you, for the 9.00 I have a family member who is a high up manager, but ppl don't know about it so they don't do it

Still 75% off in Sturgeon Bay, WI. Tons of stuff left though. At least 100 trees if not 200 and about 4-5 aisles still.

Sigh...wish that was our stores...we have an aisle or two of piddly junk left everywhere I have been. If it goes 90% tomorrow, I'll head out Monday to the stores where I have some stashes and see if anything is left....

Don't know if this has been mentioned before by target has a $20.00 courtesy , which means they aren't suppose to fight with a customer if they say it is cheaper then it rings up, so i buy something that rang up for 12.00 and the shelves say 9.00 they are suppose to give it to you, for the 9.00 I have a family member who is a high up manager, but ppl don't know about it so they don't do it

It isn't just a courtesy thing, if it says $9 on the shelf and it rings up higher, almost every state & county in the country has a weights & measures law that says they have to honor the price for at least 1 piece.

Should everything with Christmasy pattern be marked-down to 75%? ...

No, most definitely everything with a penguin or snowflake on it is NOT included in the holiday clearance. If you find a clueless cashier, you might be able to convince them, but honestly the cheaper the christmas stuff gets, the harder it is to say, "even though this is ringing up at $10, it's really supposed to be $1" You might get by with it if the item shows up as "not found", but rarely will they move something down that much in price without a manger intervening or checking first.

I'm not saying it wouldn't ever happen, but it would take a lot of "forces" being in your favor for that to happen. :yup:

Kind of a fluke, but I found this book in a cart of "put backs"... I didn't think books went clearance, but I scanned it and it was only $4.48-- regular $17.99. We have this book for our daughters and it is so darling. It is beautifully done and explains everything about Santa, the North Pole, the Elves, the reindeer.... everything related to the myth of Santa. It talks about how the sleigh flies, where the elves live. Anyway, that is an awesome price for this book. We got ours at Costco last year and snuck it into the mailbox to make it look like Santa sent it. The girls love it. It's a keepsake. I'd love to find one for each of them to give to their kids someday. It comes with little envelopes inside with special messages and notes to open. I thought it was worth the $15 I paid for it at Costco, but for $5!! WOW. Like I said, I don't know if it was just a fluke at this particular store, but I am for sure keeping my eyes open just in case.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5109367W64L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Still 75% in N.E. Ohio

Cleark put out Glad bowls, Cascade, Electrasol, Dawn, Swifter & cookies! I am so happy I had coupons with me I used 22 coupons on top of the the 75%.:holiday16 I didn't take all of them since they weren't 90%, but when I went back to look a little while later everything was gone!:eek:

Guest mzannetti

i am going through withdrawl. i have not been on all day.

wife gave birth to our second child at 10am EST this morning. glad we did not miss out on the 90% deal.

i will run by target tomorrow morning to see if it it 90% off.

wife gave birth to our second child at 10am EST this morning. glad we did not miss out on the 90% deal.

Oh congratulations! What a wonderful "New" gift!

Congrats! I tried to get my DH to stop by Target on the way home from the hospital after an emergency c-section. He refused, but did take me a couple of days later. It was Easter clearance! He just didn't understand. :tongue1::tongue1::cheesy::cheesy:

I went to my Target today, and they had plenty of Christmas trees, but not much else. It was really picked through. I don't know that I would bother going back when it got to 90% I don't know if it's me, but I just haven't been "into" this Christmas after-season like I usually am.

what is this? never heard of it before. can someone please explain?:confused:

Every year Target has an event where they bring in a bunch of imported furniture, rugs, decorations, etc. from around the world. It clearances like holiday merchandise in a few weeks. Usually some good deals.

Check out some pics on their site:

http://www.target.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=13763961