Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Aisles and aisles of stuff @ 75% in my Tampa store today--with aisles and aisles of people, too. So much to pick through and choose from! I got everything from dog stockings stuffed with toys to candy to gift tags to power strips to wrapping paper to photo frame ornaments and more! I also got some red box items (pedometer, tie rack) and the last 2 care care kits. Made my day!

Although I'm not in the market with two teenage sons, I saw a lot of High School Musical and Camp Rock-themed stuff also 75% off (pens, makeup sets, candy) in the Xmas aisles.

There was lots of other clearance throughout the store, as well, including 50% off selected coolers, wine glasses, knife sets, camping gear, baseball items and golf stuff (got a box of 200 Callaway tees for $5.98!). Seemed like every aisle had at least 1 or 2 clearance tags enticing me to turn down and check it out.

If other stores are anything like mine was today, it all will be gone in no time. If you're planning to go, go now! It was a great day at Target! :D

Which Tampa store do you shop?

What kind is it? How many in a pkg? Price? Is it in special pkging?

The dishwasher detergent that is 75% off is the Electrasol powerball tabs, it is only the 32 tab box, and it has a penguin on skis on the front of the box. My DW found them on the shelf, but 'hidden' behind some non Christmas boxes, she picked up 8 boxes.:)

I don't know where to start!! our store finally went 75% off today and I couldn't go until this evening, but found a ton of stuff, but it was really picked over, but I found my first MM!!! (did my dance and off I went...)

Best deals:

Mix Up Nerds/Laffy Taffy packs that were already 90% off, so .99

Andes mints (got regular and toffee) were .37 instead of $1.49

Starbucks coffee mug/coffee/cookies packs that come with a "complimentary" drink- free tall bev. of your choice, exp. 06/09 for $3.74

Twig trees in the home/garden area were actually %75 but marked 50%, there were also lots of poinsettia arrangements.

Bunch of red stuff for V-day and stocking stuffers to use for Easter, kids crafty things, etc. Overall a great trip for me. I saved $387.26. Unreal. I think this has been my best shopping day at Target ever. :)

There were a lot of boxed trees, boxed ornaments, stockings, and wrapping paper left at my store in Mt Pleasant, SC. A lot of lights too. The stocking stuffers and chocolate were really wiped out. I bought 2 32" fiber optic trees for 4.99 each for my kids rooms (were $20 each). Also 5 boxes of lights, some wrapping paper, gift tags for .32, a can of spray snow and some battery operated flicker votives for 3.24 were 12.99.

I also bought a playskool busy ball choo choo for dd's first bday for 13.71 was almost 20. And I bought some closetmaid fabric drawers for 5.50 each.

Also Goldfish crackers were 3 for $5.

In total I saved 87.57. I was happy with that. Just wish I'd looked for tissue paper! Maybe I'll have to go back...lol.

Which Tampa store do you shop?

Today I was at the one closest to where I live, on very North Dale Mabry, although I also shop the Bruce B. Downs and SR 54/Trinity locations--just depends on my errand route.

What about you? Do you shop any of the Tampa Targets? Hey..... maybe you're the one who gets all the MMs ahead of me... :D

Okay, got $400 worth of stuff for $100 bucks! My cart was over flowing, I got a new theme color for my tree next year, bought tons of lights for indoors and out, a couple of wreaths, ornaments, garland, but a few of my best finds were a car cooler/warmer for $7.xx, and a charger holder for cell phones for $6.xx. I also got some chocolate gift baskets, a thing for the kids to paint their own garland, I was a little disapointed that most of the stocking stuffers were gone....yesterday, a ton, ...today...nada!

I also found a Cars Race and Case Track today. I scanned it and it came up 0.00. So I asked someone if they could tell me what the price was.........the guy got a funny look on his face and said 3.32. So I took it up to the register and it beeped when she scanned it, and the lady said "Do you know how much this was" and I told her the man had told me 3.32. She said that was an odd price, but gave it to me anyhow.

Here's what it looks like if you're interested:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K7NQOK?smid=AJF0HB30PBJAV&tag=yahoo-toys01e-20&linkCode=asn

DCPI: 087071520

this was clearanced more than a year ago. probably a left over found somewhere.

LOL I just found my receipt in my old coat I was about to toss in my garage sale pile. Felt something crunchy in the pocket and pulled it out. It was dated 1/1/08 and it was my receipt for all the 75% off Christmas stuff I bought! LOLOL So Victoria probably won't go 75% till Thursday for us because when I went today..they had SO MUCH stuff left...literally! I mean like at the back of the store..there was still the whole back corner wall, then the four aisles in front of all that...then around the corner was about three more aisles of all the other stuff like candy, stockings, etc. so I don't see them doing 75% probably till thursday...which would be fine with me as I'm off that day. hee hee

Just sending a BIG THANKS to the posters who recommended checking the regular aisle of Burt's Bee products and the regular aisle for Electrosol . I found 3 of the Burts Bee wristlets and 1 overnight pack each about $3.24. With all the girls in my family, I can use these (plus all of the ones I bought at 50%) for gifts all year! Plus I stocked up on Electrosol and won't need to buy dishwasher tablets until late 2009. :)

Thanks Again!

When ours was at 50% there were some holiday packs of Dawn- a large regular bottle packaged with an Apple & Cinnamon scented Simple Pleasures (I think that's the name) and they were gone when it hit 75%. So maybe if you get lucky you might find some of those. I missed out. I also saw Clorox wipes in Christmas containers in someone's buggy. Our store seemed like they had gotten all the Christmas stuff together, so there isn't as much 'hidden' this year. That sort of takes the fun out of it for me.

I couldn't believe how much stuff they had left at 75%. I am guessing that they had been 75% for 2 days - this store usually down goes fast. The aisles were jam-packed with an insane amout of christmas stuff. The only things that seemed to sell were the kids clothes and bagged candy. I told DD that I would get her another box of candy canes IF I could find them - not a problem, there was a whole endcap and half an asile. I can't wait for 90% this year.

The 2 I bought rang up 75% off. They were $3.25

I'd say it was weird luck, as they never mark them down at Christmas clearance. There are several posts from the last couple of years of people groaning and complaining about the fact that they won't do it. And I have personally tried at 3 stores locally. 'Cause it never hurts to try....

Aurora, CO

I just came back from our 75% off sale and did pretty well. There was a lot of gift wrap and gift bags available. I was able to buy several rolls of neutral paper, tissue and ribbon (can be used for any occasion) and LOTS of holiday gift bags.

There were several large Camp Rock & Hannah Montana gift sets (hair accessories, lip gloss, etc...) that were included in the 75% off display area. They were not located anywhere else in the store. They didn't scan at a discounted price, so I asked an employee about it. Long story short, they thought they were placed there by mistake (even though they were in that location the entire holiday season) but they were willing to honor the 75% off. They told me when I went to the check stand to have the cashier call for a price check and they would confirm that they were 75% off. The cashier didn't call it back and just took 75% off. In some cases she took 75% off the already discounted price! I didn't ask for it, just got it. :) $2.50 was the average cost for each - many lower!

I am thrilled because I save these gifts sets for birthday parties that come up through the year. (I have a 10 year old daughter.)

I also found several boxes of candy - the good stuff - for 75% off. Great for Valentines Day.

THANK YOU to all who suggested Easter basket goodies! I completely forgot about that and so you saved me a ton! I need to go back now!

:)

My store in Fairview, OR went to 75% off yesterday. I could not believe how much stuff they still had leftover! Not just candy, but tons of ornaments, trees, yard decorations, holiday clothing, etc. The things I wanted most that I got at 75% off were a jewelry box, an "I Believe" Santa tshirt, Clue 20-min game, and Starbucks truffles with $1 off coupons. :)