GottaDEAL 2023 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

April check in! [emoji257][emoji254][emoji253][emoji259][emoji255][emoji258]

40-50 mph winds supposed to pick up here today too. I work in Entertainment for a large theme park so will probably be on venue damage watch today and tomorrow. [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

So I have a question for all of you. You are the best group of people I know for saving and hunting down the deals. So me and my daughter have a choir trip to NYC in November. Not a cheap trip. Anyone know of good ways to save?or good apps to use? I already use Swagbucks and Ibotta plus upside but are there any other legit ones.? Plus I have my little side hustle of my crafting stuff.

Thanks for your help I really do appreciate it

Spring break traffic plus rain equals a not fun day to drive.

But yet, this is the day mama wants to make a 2-hour trip to pick up my grandson.

And I'm terrified of interstate driving in good conditions. Should be fun! :)

Will be nice to see him this week though.

Edited by bluebear

So I have a question for all of you. You are the best group of people I know for saving and hunting down the deals. So me and my daughter have a choir trip to NYC in November. Not a cheap trip. Anyone know of good ways to save?or good apps to use? I already use Swagbucks and Ibotta plus upside but are there any other legit ones.? Plus I have my little side hustle of my crafting stuff.

Thanks for your help I really do appreciate it

I have been using SurveyJunkie and so far have earned $100 for the year

Well, March is gone and left my state devastated by deadly tornadoes.  Major damage in the capital city and my little hometown was devastated and I have a family member that lost house and everything with deaths in both places.  I’m still trying to process everything I witnessed while there yesterday.  If you have been directly impacted b a deadly tornado or any natural disaster then you probably know and if you haven’t I pray you never are.  

Anyway, happy April everyone.  How ironic that the weather has been beautiful the last 2 days since the tornado.  

April Check-In. Can’t believe I have remembered this long!!  We had some of those crazy high winds here for a couple of days. Friday was so beautiful temperature wise but those winds were insane and we lost power for a couple hours from a tree falling on the lines. Power came back on just a few minutes before it got dark. I was so glad because I didn’t want to dig out all the candles and flashlights. 

Well, March is gone and left my state devastated by deadly tornadoes.  Major damage in the capital city and my little hometown was devastated and I have a family member that lost house and everything with deaths in both places.  I’m still trying to process everything I witnessed while there yesterday.  If you have been directly impacted b a deadly tornado or any natural disaster then you probably know and if you haven’t I pray you never are.  

Anyway, happy April everyone.  How ironic that the weather has been beautiful the last 2 days since the tornado.  

I’m so sorry about that for your family. Tornadoes are truly devastating. My sister-in-law and her husband had their house hit twice when they lived in Missouri. The first tornado completely blew their house away.  Contents with their names on them were found hundreds of miles away.  When we went to help with cleanup, seeing the devastation in person was awful. We were picking clothes off the barb wire fence hoping to find something salvageable, but most of them were loaded with insulation from the house. There was a mattress in a tree, way up in the tree!  They built back and got hit again about a year later and lost their barn that time and just a few shingles on the house, they moved away from there after that.  

• Like 1

Here for April - March came in like a lion and went out like a bigger lion.  Hoping things settle down for April, but more storms heading our way tomorrow night, so I'm told.  So far we have avoided much damage, but many in our area were not so fortunate Friday night. We have a lot of limbs down, but nothing that a chainsaw and spring campfire can't fix.

We drove through Alabama and Mississippi on our way home from spring break (after beaching in Orange Beach, AL area for the week).  We ended up driving straight through, which we'd never done before, because my 11yo wanted to see our dogs a day earlier. So glad we did, we drove right up route 45 and had plans to stay in Jackson, MI Friday night.  It was bad enough that we hit major storms in the southern MO area, we passed a lot of vehicles overturned on the highway. I drive a pretty high profile pickup truck; it was white knuckle all the way home through that.  Glad to be home!

Here for April - March came in like a lion and went out like a bigger lion.  Hoping things settle down for April, but more storms heading our way tomorrow night, so I'm told.  So far we have avoided much damage, but many in our area were not so fortunate Friday night. We have a lot of limbs down, but nothing that a chainsaw and spring campfire can't fix.

We drove through Alabama and Mississippi on our way home from spring break (after beaching in Orange Beach, AL area for the week).  We ended up driving straight through, which we'd never done before, because my 11yo wanted to see our dogs a day earlier. So glad we did, we drove right up route 45 and had plans to stay in Jackson, MI Friday night.  It was bad enough that we hit major storms in the southern MO area, we passed a lot of vehicles overturned on the highway. I drive a pretty high profile pickup truck; it was white knuckle all the way home through that.  Glad to be home!

• Like 1