GottaDEAL 2023 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Here for April - March came in like a lion and went out like a bigger lion.  Hoping things settle down for April, but more storms heading our way tomorrow night, so I'm told.  So far we have avoided much damage, but many in our area were not so fortunate Friday night. We have a lot of limbs down, but nothing that a chainsaw and spring campfire can't fix.

We drove through Alabama and Mississippi on our way home from spring break (after beaching in Orange Beach, AL area for the week).  We ended up driving straight through, which we'd never done before, because my 11yo wanted to see our dogs a day earlier. So glad we did, we drove right up route 45 and had plans to stay in Jackson, MI Friday night.  It was bad enough that we hit major storms in the southern MO area, we passed a lot of vehicles overturned on the highway. I drive a pretty high profile pickup truck; it was white knuckle all the way home through that.  Glad to be home!

Here for April - March came in like a lion and went out like a bigger lion.  Hoping things settle down for April, but more storms heading our way tomorrow night, so I'm told.  So far we have avoided much damage, but many in our area were not so fortunate Friday night. We have a lot of limbs down, but nothing that a chainsaw and spring campfire can't fix.

We drove through Alabama and Mississippi on our way home from spring break (after beaching in Orange Beach, AL area for the week).  We ended up driving straight through, which we'd never done before, because my 11yo wanted to see our dogs a day earlier. So glad we did, we drove right up route 45 and had plans to stay in Jackson, MI Friday night.  It was bad enough that we hit major storms in the southern MO area, we passed a lot of vehicles overturned on the highway. I drive a pretty high profile pickup truck; it was white knuckle all the way home through that.  Glad to be home!

So glad you guys are safe. :gdhug5:

• Like 1

Dear April - I just want you to know, March was pretty hard on us. So if you could just spare us all your rain. I’d like to skip straight to the May flowers please. Edited by Kash

I know it doesn't officially start until sunset - but I am more of a morning person - so thought I'd wish everyone a

20230405013352x250x223.jpg

Chag Pesach Sameach!

Happy April! Glad to slow down now that my daughter's luge season is over for this year. Team selection comes out on May 1, and we are expecting that Kendall will move up to the next rung, the Candidate Team, which is a year earlier than we thought it might happen. I will need ALL the deals after May 1, lol.
  • Like 1

Well my birthday was on Monday (my son's and mom's was last week) and you know, Easter, so we had my parents in last week through Monday, then my in laws came last night and will be here through Thursday, then Friday through Sunday we will be at Disney World. 

April is always a huge whirlwind for us!

• Like 2

Well my birthday was on Monday (my son's and mom's was last week) and you know, Easter, so we had my parents in last week through Monday, then my in laws came last night and will be here through Thursday, then Friday through Sunday we will be at Disney World. 

Happy Birthday!

Sounds busy but fun.

20230415134105x250x140.jpg

Mulch day today. Home Depot was a week later putting it on sale this year, and only 1 brand is on sale. But that's okay.

Last year was our first spring in this house, and we bought all new mulch. About 60 bags, and we still didn't get one small area done. We couldn't do all that again. So we just bought 20 and refreshed the edges and worn parts, and did the neglected flower bed from last year.

It looks a lot better, and I am exhausted!

• Like 4