Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I did find a video now Jr 3-pk of sesame street PVDs. It said 17.48 on the clearance sticker, scanned for 4.44. Guess who's 4 year old is getting it for Christmas? lol

Wow I am going to check my target out... What section are the video now PVDs in?? I was able to actually get the video now Jr. Unit for $17 bucks it would be great if I could get the cartridges at a discount as well.

I think that it is pretty disgusting that Goodwill has to buy "donated " Items. I don't like Goodwill for the simple fact that their prices are sometimes outrageous. Now I know why! Anyways, Ladies I have good news....... After a long wait and numerours phonecalls and emails, WE are getting a TARGET in Dothan AL!!!!!! That is 20 miles from my house........Not only am I excited because I have become addicted to this whole Perimeter Perusing and can't wait to try it out, but also our local WM and PX have to pricematch Target now.....I hope our store will be open by Christmas so I can get in on the 90% clearance after Christmas again. Love it, love it, love it...........

unfortunately most wal-marts will not match % off sales it has to be actually advertised

Without yet reading this entire thread... there is another layaway option at Target. If you lift the bottom shelf on top of the floor, it lifts open like a chest, so you can fill it with stuff. No one is likely to look in there, especially if stuff was piled on top of that bottom shelf and it is kinda heavy. When no one was looking I have yanked up this bottom shelf and found all sorts of stuff people were shashing away. I bought some of those 'treasures' for myself. It's a community chest down there. lol

I am sooooo envious of you guys with Target...the nearest to me is an hour's drive..BUT...we are getting Kohl's..should open early spring....I saw somewhere they are connected....Target/Kohl's..anyone know for sure?? I am hoping if this is true it will only be a matter of time before Target rolls in.

I am sooooo envious of you guys with Target...the nearest to me is an hour's drive..BUT...we are getting Kohl's..should open early spring....I saw somewhere they are connected....Target/Kohl's..anyone know for sure?? I am hoping if this is true it will only be a matter of time before Target rolls in.

I've never heard anything about Target & Kohls being connected, but I think Target & Marshalls are.

Target used to be owned by Marshall Field's, but they split off from each other awhile ago. I believe Target and Mervynn's are still afilate though. No longer any Mervynn's IN FL that I know of though. A shame, as I heard Mervynn's does do a similar type of clearane schedule thing as Target, but I never investigated the detailsof it since they aren't aroun here.

AFAIK, Target and Kohl's are two completley different companies.

>>Has anyone ever hidden an item and waited till it when 90% off?<<

:::meekly raising hand:::

Guilty as charged!!

Keep in mind this will only work with holiday/seasonal merchandise that are automatically marked down via corporate on the computer. If you hide a regular item that needs to be scanned by the mark down team, and it's the last item, it will go NOF without going lower in price since there was no merchandise to mark down.

:::learned that from experience as well:::

Man, I am SOOOO jealous of all of you. The nearest Target is 75 minutes from me. Yes. 75 mins, over 70 miles. We only have a SuperWalMart in my town. The town recently cut a deal for one of those Neighborhood WalMarts if the city refused permits to Target. ARGGGHHH. So much for competition.

Man, I am SOOOO jealous of all of you. The nearest Target is 75 minutes from me. Yes. 75 mins, over 70 miles. We only have a SuperWalMart in my town. The town recently cut a deal for one of those Neighborhood WalMarts if the city refused permits to Target. ARGGGHHH. So much for competition.

OMG I think iwould have to go into a 12 step program!!! Mine is only 10 minutes away....i am there at least 3 times a week!

Mervyns did do a similar clearance. Thats what started this whole adiction for me. Years ago, before Target was really big, we used to go to Mervyns to shop clearance. Then Targets started popping up, it was heaven I tell you. It was a sad day when they closed all the Mervyns in GA. I assume it was around the same time in FL. I really miss Mervyns. :(

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the phrase "perimiter perusing"? :confused:

at target all their clearance stuff is on endcaps at the back of the aisles, so basically if you were to go around the perimeter of the whole store you'd find clearance for each department, & they have lots of great, cheap stuff if you go at the right time & know where to look :gd_not_ri

I love target!

About 6 years ago my husband and I went to FLorida on vaca and that was the first time we went into a Target. I wanted to buy so much stuff on that was on sale that I considered shipping it home because it wouldn't fit in my suitcase!

When we got back I sent Target an email and told them they need to open up here in CT. What a coinsidence, the next year they opened up all around me! I was so excited!!:)

ummm, what other stores can I email..haha.

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the phrase "perimiter perusing"? :confused:

I explain the phrase in the very first post of this thread. :-)

I have heard some of the Targets that are doing the markdown testing may have gone 75% off already. The others may be going NYD or 01/02, although one poster on a board claims she was told tomorrow. I'm not planning on buying anything until 90% off, as I don't really need anything, so my money is on it going 75% off on Monday since I won't miss out if it does go on Sunday.

Target donates new toys and household items to my GoodWill every Tuesday. Its amazing how many people race there to see what is put out. When my daughter was in diapers, I always went there. Target ALWAYS brings diapers and wipes. Last week for example, brought in the full Huggie containers of wipes. Good Will put them out for $1 each. I bought them all-12 containers in total. (the jumbo plastic containers) for my nieces. (identical twins still in diapers). Also they donate new food items (still in date) etc. I always look forward to Tuesdays.

The Goodwill here takes the donated Target items and puts them on the floor at a higher price than the final clearance price the item was at Target. Sometimes they even leave the orange Target clearance sticker on the item and still sell it at the higher price.

Between that and the fact they are a for profit business and not a non-profit charity, I avoid my local Goodwill. I would much rather buy the item at Target.

Seems that it depends on the Target you visit as to when they mark down their items. The one closest to me was at 50% for holiday and 30% for toys, another one futher away (but not too far) was at 50+% off holiday items and Toys - I got Scamps for $9.98!!! I'm returning the other one and getting my $20 back! Also, the closer one had 50% off at the dollar spot, but the coloring books I picked up there rang up at .25!

Michele

Seems that it depends on the Target you visit as to when they mark down their items.

:::nodding:::

Unfortunately, about 15% of Target's are doing a test of a new method of markdowns for them, so they aren't following the corporate markdown schedule. It sure is confusing for those of us who have gotten used to the corporate wide markdowns.

The Goodwill here takes the donated Target items and puts them on the floor at a higher price than the final clearance price the item was at Target. Sometimes they even leave the orange Target clearance sticker on the item and still sell it at the higher price.

Between that and the fact they are a for profit business and not a non-profit charity, I avoid my local Goodwill. I would much rather buy the item at Target.

Sorry about your luck! My Goodwill gets the FURNITURE from Target! I bought a Simply Shabby Chic chest for my daughter for $15.00 (on sale for $190 at Target)! I also bought a Cinema Collection tv stand ($150@Target) and Renovations bookcase ($70.00), both for $19.99 each! I only bought the stuff from goodwill because of the good quality of furniture/accent pieces my wife and I have purchased from Target in the past. BTW, my Target went 75% on 12-30-05 and an employee said they will probably go to 90% on Monday or Tuesday, if there is anything left after Sunday. They did have a lot of stuff, but it was spread throughout the store.

We got a Kohl's about a year ago and now they are building a Super Target right next to kohl's (YAY!!!:bounce_fl ) Also, my mom's super target and kohl's are in the same strip center ~ so just maybe you will be lucky!

Went to target today. Still have Christmas at 75%.Not too much there. Dollar spot is all the Valentines stuff ( regular price) but got a few things for the kids for school. Clearance toys weren't any great bargain. I did score with a beaded throw that I had my eye on originally $39.99 now $9.99. was in with the regular stuff not marked down but when i was there just after Christmas it was $19.99 and I was hoping i would get it at 75%.