Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Guest RedStateGirl

Has anyone seen any of the $19.99 Vidsters in their local stores? I have a bunch of coupons for $15 off the Vidster(printed inside of Pepsi cases) and I would love it if I could start Christmas shopping already.

Hi which pepsi cases had the coupons?? Thanks

Up here, all Pepsi product 24 packs had the coupons. There are also coupons for a few bucks off of Acceleracers sets.

It may have just been a local thing. And my husband drinks at least 2 cases of Dew a week(Yes, he's addicted) so I have at least 10 of the coupons. I crush the cases, and bring them to the recycling bin every few weeks.

Wow - I'm so jealous of some of the deals y'all are finding! Great job! The only thing I found today at the Jonesboro, AR store were candles marked 75% off. Although most of them were seasonal scents, I ended up getting:

50-pack Cranberry Mandarin tealights for $1.24

100-pack Vanilla tealights for $0.98 (the unscented 100-pack was also this price)

I went today, got several things. @ packs of womens character undies were 2.24. I got Sesame Street, Pink Panther, & Mickey. Also, a *few* bras were 2.24. None my size :(. Got the Bratz Rock Angel CD for 3.74, A Polly Pocket set for 2.24, A Napolean Dynamite Keychain for 1.24and a round poker table thing for 4.98. This is a diff target than I normally go to. Most of the stuff was Christmas stuff that had gone 75%, but just wasnt tagged correctly. Also, if you need luggage, head to Target. They had sets for 9.98 & 19.98.

I went today, got several things. @ packs of womens character undies were 2.24. I got Sesame Street, Pink Panther, & Mickey. Also, a *few* bras were 2.24. None my size :(. Got the Bratz Rock Angel CD for 3.74, A Polly Pocket set for 2.24, A Napolean Dynamite Keychain for 1.24and a round poker table thing for 4.98. This is a diff target than I normally go to. Most of the stuff was Christmas stuff that had gone 75%, but just wasnt tagged correctly. Also, if you need luggage, head to Target. They had sets for 9.98 & 19.98.

Which store were you in that had the luggage for 9.98 & 19.98? I live pretty close to the same area as you.

Stopped by my Target in Lincoln, Nebraska this morning and most of the sporting goods clearance went 75%. I got two swiss army knives regularly $24.99 for $6.24, Rappala fishing lures for $1.98 regularly $7.98, a five piece luggage set regularly $59.99 for $14.98, callaway golf balls regularly $29.99 for $7.48. Those gift sets with the binoculars with the whiskey flask were marked down to $7.48 and I believe the pocket tool sets were $4.98. They had several kids fishing pole sets for $3.74. There was a Coleman black & white tv, radio lantern for $14.98 regularly $59.99. Also the winter sleds went to 50% off.

Needless to say I was late for work this morning. YIKES gotta quit hitting Target before work.

I do have one simple request: Instead of saying 'I went to my Target', is it possible to list the town and state? I live in the metro Detroit area and I have 5 Targets all within 20 minutes of my house. Many times I've travelled from store to store to find sale/clearance items and only end up burning gas.

This is a great place for Target info-- I agree it would help to know location of stores. I live in NJ only one Target for miles and most times doesn't have the great deals others write about.

This is a good point but town and state doesn't really make a difference in Target Perimeter Perusing. What makes a bigger difference is getting to know your particular Target(s) and how quickly they do markdown their clearance merchandise.

Like sneakers, I only have one Target close by, the next one is about 45 miles away. I have come to find that my local Target tends to be behind on the markdowns posted, so I can start watching items I hear about that I'm interested in. However, I am occasionally surprised to find a non-seasonal item posted about on a board will be marked down as soon at my Target as I hear about it.

Unless I know what I'm looking for and am watching an item, I tend to miss out on finding an unposted deal myself. Why? Because when you do only have one Target locally, many times there are quite a few Perimeter Perusers doing the same thing you are at the same store. So, the clearance deals disappear quickly once the markdown happens.

I am lucky in that I live about three miles away from my local Target, and my work schedule is such that if I do hear about a mark down I'm really interested in I can run right over and see if my store has marked it down yet. But even then I do miss out on a lot of deals.

And..most Targets sell/donate their clearance items a short amount of time after they are 90% off. Here, the clearance items(esp. seasonal items) go to a local chain of non-profit thrift stores. In other areas, they go to GoodWill. Keep that in mind if you think you'll be able to get back to Target to pick up that pair of winter boots, etc.

Also, if your interested in something, always scan the price of it before making your final decision. I ended up finding a plug n play game before Christmas, that scanned in at 6.24(rather than the 17.48 on the price tag)

I do have 2 Targets near me, so if I am looking for something specific, and the one closest to me doesn't have it, then I will go to the other one.

Well this morning I decided to try out this Perimeter Perusing with my 8 month old son! Waited til he got up, fed him and got him dressed and we were out the door. I usually go to my local Target which is about 5 minutes away in Niagara Falls, but today I decided to drive to Amherst to check their stuff out since I don't usually find good clearance at the NF store....

After being in there for 2 hours....I came out a very happy shopper.

I went back to the men's section and they had their Flannel PJ Pants on clearance for $2.98 a pair. All they had were XXL, but I picked up 2 pairs for my hubby and 4 pairs for my mom (for my brother and dad). My brother definitely isn't in a xxl, but they have a drawstring so he can pull it tight or mom can put some more elastic in them...and it's not like he leaves the house in them...so who cares! lol I was so excited with this deal. My hubby didn't really need them since we got some around Xmas, but since we buy them all the time, I'm gonna put them away til he needs them. They had a ton of them on the rack.

Then I went over to the food section, hoping to find the $1.02 jars of sauce and they didn't have them...but I did find BIG boxes of Cocoa Pebbles and Fruit Pebbles...2 boxes to a pack and they were the big ones with 25% more free in them for $3.18 for 2 boxes. Would be an even better deal if I had a coupon, but I didn't...so oh well.

Then I got a couple packs of the Luvs diapers that were on sale for $10.00 but I used my $2.00 coupons that I had from the Target site.

Plus I found 22 oz and 19 oz Pumpkin Spice Jar Candles for $1.98. They had a ton of these as well, so I picked up some for my mom and a co-worker of hers. Always nice to have on hand for a gift.

Also got the bags of Flavor Blasted Goldfish...they are regularly $1.99 but I got them on sale for $1 a bag. My hubby likes them so I picked up a couple different kinds.

They also had Scott Paper Towels...a huge pack of 15 on sale for $8.50.

So I really made out today. There are 2 more Targets within decent driving distance that I want to go to now! :) lol My cousin and I are going to try to go to one of them on Saturday while we are out.

My mom thought I was nuts because I kept calling her at work and telling her about the deals that I was finding. Then after I kept calling...she kept calling me because her and her coworkers were having me look for things.

My son Parker was so well behaved while his mommy took forever perusing in Target! I can't wait to do it again though! :)

Well this morning I decided to try out this Perimeter Perusing with my 8 month old son!

After being in there for 2 hours....I came out a very happy shopper.

WTG!! You did great for a rookie!!

Were all of these items marked, or did you come across any of them by scanning?

:::lmk when you start dreaming about finding unmarked clearance deals:::

WTG!! You did great for a rookie!!

Were all of these items marked, or did you come across any of them by scanning?

:::lmk when you start dreaming about finding unmarked clearance deals:::

It was so weird and corny, but I was getting all pumped up after I found the pajama pants. I was so excited when I found them!

All of the items were marked down and the price tags were accurate. I scanned everything thinking that maybe they'd come up cheaper...but none of them did. When I was in the baby section, I saw the humidifiers marked down to $13.38 from $19.99 but they had a bunch and I thought maybe I'd wait a little longer to see if they'd go down further. I scanned it to check and it was still the same price. When I went back to put it back, I glanced at one of the tags and it looked like it said $3.38 and I grabbed it, but when I looked closely you could see the 1 very faintly!

They also had a TON of Woolrich flannel sheets marked down. They had a whole aisle of them plus 2 end caps. King Size were $27.78 but I'm gonna wait on those too since I'm sure they will go down even more since there are SO many left.

I'll probably dream about it tonight since I'm anxious to go to the other stores! My mom couldn't believe we were in there for 2 hours and I really only looked at the clothing clearance racks and then all the end caps and stuff and it took me that long. I was telling her all about it this evening and she kept laughing when I was calling it Perimeter Perusing. She's so proud of me! She's the one that taught me from day one that we always looked at the clearance racks first while shopping. We love garage saling in the summer. It's amazing the things you can find...especially for kids. That's our summer hobby on Saturday mornings! :)

Which store were you in that had the luggage for 9.98 & 19.98? I live pretty close to the same area as you.

This was at the Mall of GA target. I was over there shopping. Dont know how close you are to that one, but they had TONS of clothes on clearance as well, I think 3 or 4 racks of 75% in the womens dept alone.

This was at the Mall of GA target. I was over there shopping. Dont know how close you are to that one, but they had TONS of clothes on clearance as well, I think 3 or 4 racks of 75% in the womens dept alone.

I generally go to Gainesville or Cumming and now sometimes the new one on 141(Johns Creek). Although Tuesday I almost went to Mall of GA but there was that bad wreck on 85 and I didn't feel like dealing with the traffic(I was already in Gainesville or else I would have taken 400 to 20). I guess I will have to head that direction more often though cause it seems like Cumming clearance always goes fast.

Hello all, thought I'd list my finds from yesterday.

Casual Home TV Tray Table set $24.98 (50% off) DPCI 249020809

tons of furniture clearancing at 50%-75% off Thomas O'Brien

tons of camping supplies at 75% off

Coleman Lantern/Fan/Radio $9.98 DPCI 091020207

Coleman TV/Radio/Lantern $14.98 DPCI 091020155

Black and Decker Power Station $24.98 DPCI 085060416

Singer sewing machine oil .74 (75% off) DPCI 072120059

Clorox bath wand $8.99 -$7.00 coupon ( Sorry if this is a repost, found a coupon on Clorox website, click on innovations button for link to printable coupon)

Easy Off BAM 50% off $1.98 (used .50 coupon from Sunday paper)

I'm anxiously awaiting the Market Bazaar 90% clearance, I love sooo much of this stuff. Last year I found an 8' x 11' tapestry for $14.99 instead of $149.99! Hope to repeat the good finds. Good hunting!

hth

Does anyone know when target will begin to put the items from other countries on sale? I saw a lamp from India that I must have but I would prefer not spend $200 bucks on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Last years clearance schedule:

Feb 15th - 30%

Feb 20th - 50%

Feb 25th - 75%

Feb 27th - 90%

The Target ad in the paper said until 2/18. I think that it'll go 50% on 2/19.

50% off day after holiday for three days

75% off fourth day after holiday for three days

90% off seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days

hth

tons of camping supplies at 75% off

Coleman Lantern/Fan/Radio $9.98 DPCI 091020207

Coleman TV/Radio/Lantern $14.98 DPCI 091020155

Black and Decker Power Station $24.98 DPCI 085060416

I'm going to have check my Target for camping stuff!!! With the warm (for Jan. anyway) weather we've been having the kids are bugging me about camping.

Thanks!!

I'm going to have check my Target for camping stuff!!! With the warm (for Jan. anyway) weather we've been having the kids are bugging me about camping.

Thanks!!

Happy to help. I also noticed lots of sleeping bags 75% off, going fast.

Outdoor Solar Lighting is 30% off at $34.xx

Went to another Target today! I think I'm officially addicted to the Perimeter Perusing. There had to have been some other ladies there doing the same thing. I'm kinda pissed at myself for forgetting my coupons, but I guess that's what I get for making a last minute decision to go at 8 this morning!

Yesterday when I went to the Amherst NY Target, they had the White Westinghouse microwaves marked down to $22.48. I did not need one but my mom's friend at work needed one for her son who went away to college. Unfortunately they were all of out stock, but today when I went to the Target on Transit Road, they had one still in a box, but no sign of it being clearance, so I asked the guy if he could scan it for me and he said it was $11.24!!!!!! I just about fell over! lol So needless to say I grabbed it!

Got some more candles for $1.98 (Vanilla Bean) this time. A pair of Thermal PJ pants for myself for $3.74....a pair of pajamas for my mom for $4.98 and a bathrobe for her too for $4.98. Everything I got worked out to be 75% off! I was very excited!