Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Just wanted to share, not sure if this was posted somewhere else, but as I was shopping I found Bob's busy day(Bob the Builder) and Scooby Doo frenzy in funland (or something like that) Vsmile smartridges. They were all in the clearance section of sporting goods(next to toy section). None of them were marked so I scanned them and sure enough they were scanning at $4.97. Great buy! So scan them where ever you see them to double check.

Camping stuff was 75% off at the Victoria TX target! I got 5 youth Greatland sleeping bags for 2.48 each and they had the adult ones for 7.48(only 50%off) but turned the corner and they had the Eddie Bauer ones with a tote bag and cover shell and the sleeping bag marked for 7.48 from 29.99! Camping totes for 4.98. On the kids part, they had these child tents...one was a turtle for 6.19 from 24.99 and the princess castle tents for girls that sleep 2-3 kids for 13.98 from 25.xx. In the restore and restyle, they had full size sheet sets in flannel, winter print, pink with snowmen and blue with snowflakes for 50% off at 9.98.

I found on an inside endcap in the baby area some of those disposable changing pads, the big ones. They rang up "not on file" so I asked and they gave me the package for like 70 cents. So it was only one thing, but hey - pretty neat. Our feel & learn diapers are still on clearance though for $8, I was hoping for cheap not like 10% off. I will keep on looking.

Got a Black and Decker Travel Iron for $6.74. I had been eyeing it when it was 12.98. Went to another Target and found it in the iron section with no sale tag. It scanned for $6.74! I love it when they miss their markdowns! I believe all the Black and Decker kitchen gadgets (can opener, etc) were 75% off.

Went to my local (40 miles away) Target tonight and all I found were these cute electronic dice in the girls clothing section against the wall that were $1.99 marked down to $0.48. They looked cute....didn't know what the kids would use them for but the price was right so I figured maybe I'd add them to their Valentine gifts. They had a whole section of this brand of stuff 75% off. It was called Dottie loves... The only thing I really seen of interest were the big feather boas that would be soooo cute for pics of my girls but they weren't on sale, they were $14.99. They had the glamour shots done with some and they got $200 out of me,lol. I'd love to just take my own! They had some make-up and different little things that would still make cute gifts or party favors though! The diapers were only 15% off.

My local Target has:

CONAIR Massage set for $.9.99 ( 39.99 regular). Excellent Kit has lots of attachments: manicure/peducure sub-kits.

Electronic Dart Board 2.24

Lot of winter clothing Mens and Womens < $5. Hubby got a great sweatshirt for 4.94

Gillette Men's shaving kit 3.99

Slim fast shakes 2 for $10.00 Each pack as 6+2 bonus.

-chan1

I got some of the Dottie Loves stuff as well. They had sashes that say PRINCESS. Picked up 2 of those for .74 each. we will be going to Disney on Vday, so i thought they would like to wear them in the parks. Picked up a nightlite for .74 as well. Camping stuff is still 50% off here, they were just marking it 50% off when I was there.

Camping stuff was 75% off at the Victoria TX target! I got 5 youth Greatland sleeping bags for 2.48 each and they had the adult ones for 7.48(only 50%off) but turned the corner and they had the Eddie Bauer ones with a tote bag and cover shell and the sleeping bag marked for 7.48 from 29.99! Camping totes for 4.98. On the kids part, they had these child tents...one was a turtle for 6.19 from 24.99 and the princess castle tents for girls that sleep 2-3 kids for 13.98 from 25.xx. In the restore and restyle, they had full size sheet sets in flannel, winter print, pink with snowmen and blue with snowflakes for 50% off at 9.98.

Thanks for posting your great finds. I went to my Target today and bought 2 of the Eddie Bauer sleeping bags and a few other camping supplies that were marked down. My other Target was only 50% off of their camping supplies though, but they had kids sweats for 1.98, a Conair foot spa set that included 8 pc manicure & pedicure set, and paraffin bath for 9.98 reg 39.99, a Madagascar Chia pet for 3.98, and a Gizmo can opener for 4.98. My husband was with me and he couldn't believe all the great deals!! Now he finally understands why I start my Christmas shopping so early.

Went to Target yesterday got a ton of stuff!

Schwinn 16in stingray bike with training wheels $33! originally $109

girls and boys sweatshirts $1.64 org. 5.99

Black and Decker Gizmo can opener $4.98 org 19.99

Eagles Jersey's $6.24 org $24.99

Luv Cub toy $3.24 orig $14.99

Bill was $110 but we got over $260 worth of stuff!

They also had the 14 in 1 game tables for $28 they were originally $120!

Vicki

I am excited over my deals tonight.....

Leappad Plus Writing System for $12.22 regular $49.99

Disney Princess Dream Sketcher for $14.98 regular $59.99

Toddler Levi Strauss Jeans $3.24 each - can't remember regular price but I bought 4 pairs :)

Pretty Pretty Princess boardgame for $1.34 regular $9.99

Dr. Pepper 12pks for $1.50 each (see other thread)

I told my husband he has to stop me from going to Target.... WAY too addicting........ Oh yeah, I only went there to get the cross cut shredder that's on sale this week for $19 (which is a good deal by itself)

Can I just say this is my favorite new way to shop at Target--just walk around the perimeter and scope out all the clearance stuff. We picked up deals on

Secret deodorant

Cereal

Tissues

Kid's bath/gift set

I also got a ton of kids sweats for $1.48 each and a two-pair set of winter pajamas for $4.24. Such a deal!

And I got the Tide for $4 but forgot to check the spaghetti sauce. :rotflol:

You guys inspired me to take a trip to Target last night and I got great stuff!

Black & Decker automatic jar opener (for my grandpa): reg. $34.99, paid $8.72

6 pack of Xmas gift bags: reg. $3.99, paid $0.39.

Plus earlier in the day I got 4 12-packs of Pepsi and 4 bags of Tostitos FAR from Sav-ons, and free Tampax and Always from Walgreens.

It was a great (cheap!) day!

Yeah I don't think I see the middle of the store too much - just go walk against the walls then hit the baby section or whatever section that I want to see or went for. LOL!

I got a diaper pail that was $15 for $10. While not too "great" of a deal - I needed it.

I am so glad y'all are finding the newbie guide to shopping Target helpful.

Keep in mind though, that 'perimeter' also means the endcaps of aisles in departments in the middle of the store that are not on the main aisles. For instance, if there is a partial wall between boys and girls clothes, there may be clearance endcaps near there.

And, even if not marked in any way or on an endcap, scan anything that may interest you. Something may still be shelved in it's regular place and not marked, yet be on clearance already.

Have fun and enjoy the 'thrill of the hunt!'

Thanks! I'd spend all day there if I looked everywhere. I try to hit the major back walls and the sections that interest me. I have seen the other areas - pretty much endcaps that aren't on the main aisles. I haven't had any luck with random stuff from teh shelf but maybe one day!!

I am excited over my deals tonight.....

Leappad Plus Writing System for $12.22 regular $49.99

Disney Princess Dream Sketcher for $14.98 regular $59.99

Toddler Levi Strauss Jeans $3.24 each - can't remember regular price but I bought 4 pairs :)

Pretty Pretty Princess boardgame for $1.34 regular $9.99

Dr. Pepper 12pks for $1.50 each (see other thread)

I told my husband he has to stop me from going to Target.... WAY too addicting........ Oh yeah, I only went there to get the cross cut shredder that's on sale this week for $19 (which is a good deal by itself)

I am beyond jealous! What state would this be?.....almost worth an airline ticket to go there lmao!

WoW! I'm blown away by some the amazing deals people are getting at Target.

I do have one simple request: Instead of saying 'I went to my Target', is it possible to list the town and state? I live in the metro Detroit area and I have 5 Targets all within 20 minutes of my house. Many times I've travelled from store to store to find sale/clearance items and only end up burning gas.

Thanks and keep up the bargain hunting! :gd_purple