Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Went to target today. Still have Christmas at 75%.Not too much there. Dollar spot is all the Valentines stuff ( regular price) but got a few things for the kids for school. Clearance toys weren't any great bargain. I did score with a beaded throw that I had my eye on originally $39.99 now $9.99. was in with the regular stuff not marked down but when i was there just after Christmas it was $19.99 and I was hoping i would get it at 75%.

went to Target today in Orange Park and they have moved the toys close to the christmas clearance. Many of them were marked at 50% off. There is a cute Crayola desk that is now $12 something. but it takes up one full aisle on both sides in my store. And there is about 2 aisles left of christmas. Mainly christmas cards, lighted garland, tree stands, a few small bags. All at 75% off. One find I was happy with was a stainless steel Buffett. Now I havent opened it but I saw the same design at jcpenney and dillards I think for about 60.00 with 30% off last week. I got it for $6.24 and there were about 25 or so left.

Also Girls Levi Strauss in toddler sixes were 50% off. I am sorry I dont remember the price but they were a darker wash with something scrolled on the leg. Cute....but I have a boy and of course nothing for the boys in my store!

Guest Deals4Me

OMG I think iwould have to go into a 12 step program!!! Mine is only 10 minutes away....i am there at least 3 times a week!

lmao...I've been there that many times this week too... I dropped hubby off at work at 7:32 and was at Target by 7:38!

I usually drop my daughter off at 9 and am at Target aat 10 after, but now I am going to the gym at 9:45, so I will be going to Target after that....LOL

I went last night just because I couldnt go in the am.....scored some nice ornaments and stuff for next to nothing!!!

I thinkk I seriously need help!!! I just cant wait to get to that dang store!!!

i cant believe how many people have viewed this thread!

Anyway, I talked to a Target Employee today and asked about the goodwill thing. she said that she use to see the stuff show up at her local goodwill but she thought she heard that they are sending stuff to a distribution center now. not sure if it goodwill dist. center or not. Said that the back room people know more. She hasnt worked back in that area for a while...

OH, I just bought that Vibrance razor not remembering that the rebate went out of date 12/31....will target take back clearance?

Believe it or not they do:) As long as it is unopen and within the return policy and time frame. I did it a few times before with other stuff after finding out they had it cheaper at another store.

I've known most of this for years. I love scanning the orange stickers for a better price or finding something without a price and seeing how low they will go. I've gotten great LEGO sets that were $50 for as low as $12.44. Makes great b-day gifts for family members, they think you spent more.:D

Believe it or not they do:) As long as it is unopen and within the return policy and time frame. I did it a few times before with other stuff after finding out they had it cheaper at another store.

refunded, no problem what so ever!

I've known most of this for years. I love scanning the orange stickers for a better price or finding something without a price and seeing how low they will go. I've gotten great LEGO sets that were $50 for as low as $12.44. Makes great b-day gifts for family members, they think you spent more.:D

:::nodding:::

I just saw the Lego Harry Potter Durmstrang ship scanning $12.48 from $49.99 retail. Although Beorn loves Harry Potter, he has never gotten into Legos. Too bad...

Yesterday I checked out Target to see if the holiday cleaance had gone 90% off yet. Still holding at 75% off.

While there I saw a six piece Worldbound luggage set marked 30% off for $83.xx. I scanned it and it came up item not found so I asked an associate about it. He marked it down to $41.96. The retail price was $119.99. Still not 75% off, but enough for me to purchase it.

My set said Metro Traveler instead of New Metro, but otherwise the sets appear identical.

Just got back from target and got the leapster l-max (target exclusive red one) on clearance for 50% off. Out the door price was $47.68.

I would have taken one of them if I could find one! I did go to anotehr 2 targets today but i was only able to find one more of those throws.Picked up some odds and ends but nothing at a really great price.

I went to Target today and I bought the Dora Armoire which was originally $19.99 for $4.98 and I also got my other daugther a Big Baby Bratz Motorcycle that orignally was $29.99 for $6.98. They were in with all the other toys and the sign said 30% off but they were about 75% off!!

Melissa

I checked out the toys in my target too but they were all 30% off ( I scanned everything i wanted to make sure) There were a few things i would have picked up if the discount was greater. I will have to keep checking back. DD has a Bday coming up and I gotta fill those Easter baskets with something, plus i have to get some toys to take home to Morocco this summer for my nieces ( hubby will just have to find room in the luggage I am not taking no for an answer this time !)

Just got back from target and got the leapster l-max (target exclusive red one) on clearance for 50% off. Out the door price was $47.68.

Just got one too. I got one for ds for Christmas and dd wants to play with it all the time, now she will have one too. Thanks.:greenappl

I was reading a post on my local playgroup and someone said that Target has a policy that if you return 3 things with without a receipt that you are locked out for a year from returning things with out a receipt...Has anyone found this to be true?

Theresa

I was reading a post on my local playgroup and someone said that Target has a policy that if you return 3 things with without a receipt that you are locked out for a year from returning things with out a receipt...Has anyone found this to be true?

:::nodding:::

I always have a receipt, but I have friends this has happened to.

But then, I have been told Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Toys-R-Us have similar policies in place.

I went to Target today and I bought the Dora Armoire which was originally $19.99 for $4.98 and I also got my other daugther a Big Baby Bratz Motorcycle that orignally was $29.99 for $6.98. They were in with all the other toys and the sign said 30% off but they were about 75% off!!

Melissa

I also want that Dora armoire. But it is just 50% off. I would have purchased it at that price had I not seen your post. Now i will wait for it to become 75%

SA

WOOO HOOO! I hit the motherload! 90% off rocks! Didn't get too much "Christmas" stuff but they had boys flannel sleep pants for $0.89 I think i got about 10 pairs. DD and DS are going to be wearing them as are my nieces in Morocco ,hubby's cousin's niece and nephew in Morocco. Only could get 2 pairs of girls style and they are too bug for DD now but they are going away for next year. They were in the boys section and they had no orange tag or 90% off signage no one knew they were on sale. I happened to walk past and look at them and someone else who was looking through the rack started talking to me and told me that they were at that sale price. I returned the favor and told her about this site. After i finished at that Target I hit another one looking for the pants and even at that Target they were not marked as on sale but they rang up at 90% off!

I love 90% off!!

Toys here are stubbornly staying at 30% at all of the targets I have visited!

Sign says 30% but some of the stickers are at 50%...however on this one thing I am watching, I really want to get more off...

90% off at my Target today but only wrapping paper, shirts and boxers w/christmas sayings, some cards, stockings, card holders, and tree stands....only one tree and it was uuuuuuuuuuug- ly! anyway, some of the garden stuff from last year is out and 50% off I believe....mainly like gloves, some hand tools and cushion kneelers.....and some bug sprays...

Did you see the New India inspired things they put out? Cute

I went to one Target today as I was out paying bills and Christmas was 90% off but what urked me was that a lady right infront of me literally grabbed EVERY single clothing item that was marked down..about 50 shirts regardless of sizes and same with the kids clothing! I was so mad!!! She didn't even offer a shirt or pair of pants to me or the other lady next to me gasping that she took everything and had her cart in the middle so we couldn't get past her!! ARGH! I didn't get any 90% stuff, just a couple of valentines things for dd. Blah!

At the Gator Town store:

Libbey Cancun 7-piece Glass Margarita Set $19.99 ---> $1.99

(2) Thomas O'Brien Ivory Leaf Mugs $4.99 ---> 49 cents

(2) Thomas O'Brien Ivory Leaf Bowls $4.99 ---> 49 cents

(6) Thomas O'Brien Ivory Leaf Salad Plates $4.99 ---> 9 cents

(6) Thomas O'Brien Ivory Leaf Dinner Plates $5.99 ---> 59 cents

(6) Thomas O'Brien Green Leaf Mugs $4.99 ---> 49 cents

(2) Thomas O'Brien Green Leaf Bowls $4.99 ---> 49 cents

(3) Thomas O'Brien Green Leaf Salad Plates</a> $4.99 ---> 49 cents

(2) Plaid tree skirts with faux fur trim $39.99 ---> 39 cents

(1) NBC Sounds of Chr-stmas CD $5.99 ---> 59 cents

(3) Peanauts themed winter decorative flag $12.99 ---> $1.29

gift wrap, peel and stick gift tags, and various ornaments

Total before FL state sales tax: $35.80

I got the Thomas Obrien Green leaf plates and salad plates too!!!! Same price!

I have to look at my receipts (yes 2, 2 different targets!) to see what else I got, It was quite a whirlwind!!

Oh and my rant for the day? How the heck can two targets within 20 miles of each other have such varying clearance prices? For example Target A- Dora bed for the Dress up Dora $4.98, Target B- same item $13.98, and I scanned it and thats what it came up! Thank goodness I bought it at target A!!!!!

I got the Thomas Obrien Green leaf plates and salad plates too!!!! Same price!

I have to look at my receipts (yes 2, 2 different targets!) to see what else I got, It was quite a whirlwind!!

Oh and my rant for the day? How the heck can two targets within 20 miles of each other have such varying clearance prices? For example Target A- Dora bed for the Dress up Dora $4.98, Target B- same item $13.98, and I scanned it and thats what it came up! Thank goodness I bought it at target A!!!!!

is one in a smaller market? is one a super target and the other regular target?