Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Went to another Target today! I think I'm officially addicted to the Perimeter Perusing. There had to have been some other ladies there doing the same thing. I'm kinda pissed at myself for forgetting my coupons, but I guess that's what I get for making a last minute decision to go at 8 this morning!

Yesterday when I went to the Amherst NY Target, they had the White Westinghouse microwaves marked down to $22.48. I did not need one but my mom's friend at work needed one for her son who went away to college. Unfortunately they were all of out stock, but today when I went to the Target on Transit Road, they had one still in a box, but no sign of it being clearance, so I asked the guy if he could scan it for me and he said it was $11.24!!!!!! I just about fell over! lol So needless to say I grabbed it!

Got some more candles for $1.98 (Vanilla Bean) this time. A pair of Thermal PJ pants for myself for $3.74....a pair of pajamas for my mom for $4.98 and a bathrobe for her too for $4.98. Everything I got worked out to be 75% off! I was very excited!

Target sales can be very addicting!

Went today at lunch and got the following finds:

- A Box with 4 Salad Plates in a Blue Hearthstone Collection pattern reg 12.99 for 3.24

- Glade Plug-Ins Refills 3-count 0.59

- Air Wick Mobil Air - Warmer and Refill in Crisp Breeze scent reg 6.89 for 4.40 (and I had a $1 coupon, so it was 3.40)

- Box of Kudos - Peanut Butter flavor reg 2.49 for 1.24 (they are really yummy!)

- Swiffer Dusters Refills 10 count with bonus Mr Clean Magic Eraser - reg 6.89 for 4.49 (and I had a $2 off coupon from Startsampling.com, so they were 2.49)

- Swiffer Dusters Refills 10 count with bonus Mr Clean Magic Eraser - reg 6.89 for 4.49 (and I had a $2 off coupon from Startsampling.com, so they were 2.49)

Cool! I saw the same boxes of those at my Target but they were marked $5.09 and I scanned them to be sure. I didn't have a coupon so I put them back, but you got a good deal! :)

I generally go to Gainesville or Cumming and now sometimes the new one on 141(Johns Creek). Although Tuesday I almost went to Mall of GA but there was that bad wreck on 85 and I didn't feel like dealing with the traffic(I was already in Gainesville or else I would have taken 400 to 20). I guess I will have to head that direction more often though cause it seems like Cumming clearance always goes fast.

Cumming does go fast. i usually go to Cumming or Gainesville as well. Seems like Gainesville takes longer to mark down though. I usually have pretty good luck at the MoG one, but I dont get over that way a whole lot. Maybe once a month or so. So what area do you live in? Its cool that there is someone else so close. Dukes lives in Cumming, but he is returning to work soon.

Last years clearance schedule:

Feb 15th - 30%

Feb 20th - 50%

Feb 25th - 75%

Feb 27th - 90%

The Target ad in the paper said until 2/18. I think that it'll go 50% on 2/19.

50% off day after holiday for three days

75% off fourth day after holiday for three days

90% off seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days

hth

This is the markdown for Valentines day, not the Bazaar stuff.

This is the markdown for Valentines day, not the Bazaar stuff.

I may be wrong but I think the Global Bazaar clearanced at the same time last year but I don't think it will this year. I'll be checking back frequently though.

global bazaar pretty much just came out so i think it'll be around for a while

when i went today to my closest target, which is VERY stingy with clearance, i was shocked to see a few things in the makeup section for cheap:

packs with cover girl outlast lip + lip gloss for $3.48

special edition revlon colorstay $5-something

& there were also a bunch of nice checkbook wallets for $6-something

global bazaar pretty much just came out so i think it'll be around for a while

when i went today to my closest target, which is VERY stingy with clearance, i was shocked to see a few things in the makeup section for cheap:

packs with cover girl outlast lip + lip gloss for $3.48

special edition revlon colorstay $5-something

& there were also a bunch of nice checkbook wallets for $6-something

The Global Bazaar is a 6 week promo. But after 6 weeks, it gets marked down same as other furniture, not on the holiday schedule. It takes *much* longer to get marked down.

Cumming does go fast. i usually go to Cumming or Gainesville as well. Seems like Gainesville takes longer to mark down though. I usually have pretty good luck at the MoG one, but I dont get over that way a whole lot. Maybe once a month or so. So what area do you live in? Its cool that there is someone else so close. Dukes lives in Cumming, but he is returning to work soon.

We are probably very close. I live in Forsyth County, but I have a Gainesville address.

We are probably very close. I live in Forsyth County, but I have a Gainesville address.

You prob live near my mom then. She lives near Granny's store. I am on the other side of 400, off 53 headed to Dawsonville square. My mom lives off Truman Mtn Rd, so either way, you are fairly close! I *believe* Dukes is close to Pilgrim Mill. Small world, huh?

I just want to welcome red to the board. I love having other experienced perimeter perusers like crissy and red posting.

:::stolen from the AOL board, but i found several of the same deals this morning:::

Our store had tons of 75% off last night. Foldable canvas lawn type chairs with bag reg $12.99 for $3.xx, sleeping bags in a box reg $19.99 for $4.98, tons of Eddie Bauer luggage reg $129.00 for $27.xx, EB luggage reg $90 for $22.xx, duffel in box with wheels reg 19.99 for $4.98, craft kits (cork board and something else?) reg 7.99 for $1.99, tons of water bottles 75% off, eddie bauer fanny packs with bottles attached reg $12 - 19, for $3.xx to $4.xx. Lots of newer markdowns in housewares but not yet 75% off.

Got an Eddie Bauer Croquet set reg 89.99 for 22.49!

So excited, been wanting a set and this one is really nice!

Argh!

I scanned the bocce set when I was there this morning, but figured the crochet would scan the same when the bocce set scanned at $89.99. Even I need to remember to scan everything I'm interested in sometimes.

Great find. Those Eddie Bauer sets in the wooden crates are nice!

Argh!

I scanned the bocce set when I was there this morning, but figured the crochet would scan the same when the bocce set scanned at $89.99. Even I need to remember to scan everything I'm interested in sometimes.

Great find. Those Eddie Bauer sets in the wooden crates are nice!

Dont worry Pam, they werent marked 75% yet at my store. Maybe yours will wait till next week! I thought it was odd that they were still ringing up 50% off at my store, when most of the other EB stuff is 75%. Hmmm....And I *really* wished I had scanned the coleman TV/Lantern thing. I would have gotten one for my dad if I had known it was marked down again! :fryingpan

I just want to welcome red to the board. I love having other experienced perimeter perusers like crissy and red posting.

Thanks! I've been 'lurking' for a while but everyone seemed so nice and friendly that I wanted to share some of my finds. Don't know if it was mentioned but I bought inline skates for adults $4.48 (75% off) I heard that some kids skates are also clearance but I didn't see any. hth

Guest RedStateGirl
I went Thursday and the PJ's by Nick&Nora flannel 2 pc for ladies were $6.24 and alot of the purses, hats, gloves scarves etc were marked 75% off as of yesterday. There was tons there. I will be going back tomorrow to buy a few additional items.:greenappl

I finally got to check out Target the other day and had to leave soon after I got there. I have to have another person with me shopping to watch my 11 month old daughter because she gets into everything. Sure enough, 5 minutes into it, she chokes on a price tag and finally vomits all over herself and my clothes. No one believes me when I say she has to be watched like a hawk. My husband pushed the cart too close to the clothes and didn't check her hiding place (her mouth).

I did see that they had several different Lysol cleaning products on clearance on the end caps, all the pet gifts were clearanced. My Target (Oswego, IL) had a LOT of luggage left, and there were kid's purses mixed in. I was going to buy all the purses for my nieces, but no!!! I reeked of vomit and had to leave!

Really enjoy reading the posts regarding all of Targets great deals. So decided I should join in with some questions and thoughts. To make it easier for everyone to find out if there local Target has any of the clearance bargains in stock either when calling or in the store.. When mentioning the item in the posts please include the 9 digit # on your receipt of your clearance item that you bought or the 9 digit # of the item on the clearance sticker which is the same. This makes it 100% easier in finding that item at any Target store..because this # is the same for all the stores for that item. So when calling a Target store to check to see if they have that item on hand simply refer to this # and the dept. where the item is located. So when looking for a clearance item at any Target store simply talk to someone at guest service or a dept. employee and mention you are looking for sleeping bag, card table, golf clubs, etc. and mention the 9 digit number. This is much easier and faster then trying to explain the item to the employee and him/her looking for it. It would also be nice if everyone mentioned what state and store they seen all of there clearance deals at. The next biggest clearance will be the Market Bazaar. Lets all keep informed about any info. on the %%% markdown dates. Thanks..

Really enjoy reading the posts regarding all of Targets great deals. So decided I should join in with some questions and thoughts.

Welcome!

To make it easier for everyone to find out if there local Target has any of the clearance bargains in stock either when calling or in the store.. When mentioning the item in the posts please include the 9 digit # on your receipt of your clearance item that you bought or the 9 digit # of the item on the clearance sticker which is the same. This makes it 100% easier in finding that item at any Target store..because this # is the same for all the stores for that item.

ITA it would help but I don't buy all of the deals I report that I find, so I don't have the number on a receipt to refer to. And I don't write down the DPCI (which is what the 9 digit number is called) off of the shelf tag. Just perimeter perusing inthe past has gotten me tailed by security on occasion since the shopping pattern is so differnt from the typical shopper. I don't want to add writing down DPCI numbers has another reason to be followed.

It would also be nice if everyone mentioned what state and store they seen all of there clearance deals at.

I truly don't think that's necessary, as all items will eventually go clearance at all Targets, if they don't sell out first. But, that is just MHO.

omg that's horrible, i would complain to someone

It is their job. I worked retail for years and I would still go shopping in my long black coat and oversized black handbag. You better believe I was followed in 7 out of 10 stores dressed like that, but I loved my coat and bag. :D Wasn't going to give them up just to keep the resident security guard from sneaking around the fixtures to watch me peruse their racks.

Don't let security bother you. Most times, you don't even realize they are there.

I got followed about 2 weeks ago at Target! LOL Hubby got mad and called and spoke to the manager. I didn't even have my purse or a cart while I was looking at things but the security guy was all over me and made if obvious, my husband was the one that had our dd, cart, and the diaper bag so I had nowhere to put anything! LOL The manager just said that he'd check into it!

I got followed about 2 weeks ago at Target! LOL Hubby got mad and called and spoke to the manager. I didn't even have my purse or a cart while I was looking at things but the security guy was all over me and made if obvious, my husband was the one that had our dd, cart, and the diaper bag so I had nowhere to put anything! LOL The manager just said that he'd check into it!

Maybe he thought you were cute!:D

This is late for the post, but last week I got several great deals at my target.

Baby Bed - 199.99 to 49.99

Cosco stroller/car seat 26.99

Travel & Go Gate 6.99 (saw it today marked down at baby depot to 39.99 lol)

Drop & Roar Dinasaur 6.97 (from 29.97)

Cosco Pack N Play - 20.00

Kick n play 30.99 - have seen it at other stores the past two days at 69.99

Eddie Bauer Large Diaper bag for 12.97

Winnie the Pooh Diaper bag for 6.97

& several small pieces of clothing at a good price as well, I think 75% off

I think our target runs their clearance way before other stores, because most of the bargains I saw posted here happened a few weeks ago. (dangit, and I was on my save money/don't go to target spree, but heard from a friend & resisted the tempation)

This is late for the post, but last week I got several great deals at my target.

Baby Bed - 199.99 to 49.99

Cosco stroller/car seat 26.99

Travel & Go Gate 6.99 (saw it today marked down at baby depot to 39.99 lol)

Drop & Roar Dinasaur 6.97 (from 29.97)

Cosco Pack N Play - 20.00

Kick n play 30.99 - have seen it at other stores the past two days at 69.99

Eddie Bauer Large Diaper bag for 12.97

Winnie the Pooh Diaper bag for 6.97

& several small pieces of clothing at a good price as well, I think 75% off

I think our target runs their clearance way before other stores, because most of the bargains I saw posted here happened a few weeks ago. (dangit, and I was on my save money/don't go to target spree, but heard from a friend & resisted the tempation)

you are our gold mine!! Thanks so much for the post, I will be looking at my Target, these are great buys!!:lolrun: