Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

75% off here too and I was surprised to see a decent selection, the other stores in the area are leveled. Counted 15 boxes of trees mostly 6 1/2 pre-lit ones. Don't need one but at 90% off might pick one up for our bedroom. They are all out in the outdoor plant area so I think people missed them out there. They still hadn't moved the infant/toddler pj's and other Christmas clothes that were ringing up 75% off to the Christmas clearance section so am holding off and hoping tomorrow it will be 90% off so I can grab a bunch of that!

Toy update, this store was working on finishing up moving all clearance toys to a few aisles. (they had done about half of it last week) They had sales associates walking up and down isles pulling anything with a red sticker and putting them in cart to take over to clearance aisle. Also must of pulled all of the clearance out of the back too because I counted 10 Extreme Smart Cycles on a flatbed. Looks like what will be on the shelves will be it for toys for us. All was marked 50% off but a few select things. Last year ours went 75% on a Wed (not usual toy markdown day for us) so I will be living at Target on Wed. and Thurs. mornings for the next few weeks. Maybe the early reset of the department means an early clearance for us?? Ok that was just plain wishful thinking!

90% in western mass!

not to much left, but i did score on some reynolds wrap, and ziploc bags... that happened to be on an end cap in electronics!

I also got (1) playdoh, (1)trio airplane, and (3) kai-lan mega bloks, (1) transformers, and (1) g.i. joe (all in the toy section!!)

if I find my reciept I will update this:yup:

Hi Marlboro, NJ Target was 90% off. Lots of big packages of ornaments, lots of stockings (bought 5 for .99 each, orig. 9.99). Scored the last play doh candy cane tube, and cookie monster ornament. Bought some hot cocoa they were in round metal tubes. They had lots of curling ribbon and bows. Only found one reynolds. Also bought peekaboo barbie clubhouse, couldn't even find it at Christmas time, today found it in clearance for $20.xx. Lots of toys scattered throughout toy section for 30% off, and a few aisles dedicated to all 30% off toy clearance.

Good luck and thanks so much for this forum, my dh laughs when I say I went perusing the perimeter today!

Fort Worth, Texas stores that I visited were not 90% although I could see the signs behind the 75% signs. Christmas items still scanned 75% and sales associate did not know when they would go 90% but said it would happen this week.

90% at Flower Mound. I managed to walk out sending only $8. I guess I learned my lesson from the hoarding I did previous years. I got a $20 Remote control plug in device for my tree but when I scanned it, it was 75% off despite the packaging having their holiday graphics on it. Since it wasn't busy, And I only had a hand basket of items, I went to guest services to question it. I had no problem what so ever getting it reduced to 90.

Those that call, I should warn you, just because they say it's 75 doesn't mean it is. The morning employees weren't there that previous late evening. Odds are they just clocked in and haven't checked yet. Since it's Jan and morning they may only have one person covering electronics to toys. I used to work there and there were times when the electronics person wad not allowed to leave the "camera boat." For the part, I worked in the evenings. I watched some new guy push a cart load of holiday "foriegn" towards his area. Being 5 or 6pm, everything in the cart was worth wild returns. Ya know, the good stuff that gets bought up at 30 and 50, even sold out at regular price! I asked him as a clocked in employee if it went 90% off yet. This was important to know because if I cashiered I wanted to make sure everything rung up correctly. He said no, still 75%. About 10 minutes later I was in the seasonal area. There were signs everywhere reading 90% and that cart which was merely left in the aisle was picked clean.

Global Bazaar changes it's name every year. It lasts from Jan till March. Nothing ever sold at regular price. I'm surprised they had it as long as they did. I do not like the new way they are doing things. With the new upscale walnart across the street this 6 yo Target is looking more and more like a Kmart. This "get more for less" or "dollar days" always was kept at "mini seasonal" which made sense because it was pretty much considered part of the grocery dept. Maybe it was a marketing move to force people into shopping the whole store. In the past it would occupy mini season until valentines, until Easter, until summer and until Halloween.

OK...

so dates for the first signs of 2009 Chr-stmas clearance is...?

(that would include yesterday's post of one store going to 90% in the afternoon)

If anyone has them compiled for previous years, I would love them all in one post to edit in to the first post.

Thanks!

Christmas was still 75% here in WI this morning. I scanned a couple things just to be sure.

Toys clearance was mostly 50% (some 30%). They were working hard an condensing them into dedicated clearance aisles. I couldn't find any smartcycles here, but there are a few things that have me interested.

****Snow boots are 50% off.

Maybe I missed it, but I thought the boots were still full price when I checked on them a couple days ago. I got a pair that will hopefully fit DD next year for 9.98. There were a couple pairs of shoes on clearance here and there, but nothing major in that department yet. Is there anyone else on here that gets more excited about the shoe clearance than toy clearance? My kids have too many toys but are constantly needing new shoes.

I didn't see anything new marked down on the kids clothing racks, but I was there pretty early and the workers were very busy with thier scanners in that department. I plan on checking it out tomorrow. I'm hoping the christmas leftovers and gloves will go down more.

OK...

so dates for the first signs of 2009 Chr-stmas clearance is...?

(that would include yesterday's post of one store going to 90% in the afternoon)

If anyone has them compiled for previous years, I would love them all in one post to edit in to the first post.

Thanks!

Montana hit sales on the 75% on the following days, not sure about 90% will add if find receipt from last year

'09 75% 12/30

'08 75% 12/29

'07 75% 12/31

'06 75% 12/31

'06 90% 01/06

Hit a couple more Targets - one was 90%, one was 75%. Found more Sharpies for .09, also more tape for .19. My fun find was an LED booklight for .50.

Regarding refunds of seasonal clearance: today I returned some wrapping paper I bought a week ago at 75% off. Normally I wouldn't bother, but they still had a lot of that particular paper available for 90% off. It was the more expensive heavyweight variety, so the savings, while not huge, were significant. I really didn't care if they said no, I would have just kept it. They refunded me my full purchase price with no problems whatsoever. I did present a receipt.

Hit a couple more Targets - one was 90%, one was 75%. Found more Sharpies for .09, also more tape for .19. My fun find was an LED booklight for .50.

Regarding refunds of seasonal clearance: today I returned some wrapping paper I bought a week ago at 75% off. Normally I wouldn't bother, but they still had a lot of that particular paper available for 90% off. It was the more expensive heavyweight variety, so the savings, while not huge, were significant. I really didn't care if they said no, I would have just kept it. They refunded me my full purchase price with no problems whatsoever. I did present a receipt.

where are the sharpies? also tape in reg aisle or xmas aisle

where are the sharpies? also tape in reg aisle or xmas aisle

Sharpies were hanging in the seasonal section, I have also seen them on an endcap and at the bottom of boxes of leftover mixed stuff. You can tell they're Christmas because they have a blue snowflake pattern on the packaging and show a gift tag being filled out (also they come in black, red or green). The tape was in the regular office supply aisle, stocked there by mistake I am sure. You can tell it's the right one if it has a black price printed in the upper right corner. Singles and three-packs.

Sharpies were hanging in the seasonal section, I have also seen them on an endcap and at the bottom of boxes of leftover mixed stuff. You can tell they're Christmas because they have a blue snowflake pattern on the packaging and show a gift tag being filled out (also they come in black, red or green). The tape was in the regular office supply aisle, stocked there by mistake I am sure. You can tell it's the right one if it has a black price printed in the upper right corner. Singles and three-packs.

heading out now, I will look, didn't see them before but wasn't really looking...

Exton, PA is at 90% -- I tried to post from my iphone in the store, but it wasn't working.

There are a bunch of 6 ft. pre-lit trees left, lots of ball ornaments, and other odds n' ends. There are many packages of the Pillsbury Holiday Icing in the regular baking section - scans at $0.15/ea. I didn't see any cake mixes left though.

I managed to find three red chair covers; reg. $9.99 or $0.99 (and I had bought 3 at 75% off, so I'm going to attempt returning them), several iPod speakers, reg. $5.00, now $0.50 ea.

I may venture out to the Oaks, PA location later... we'll see.

I'm still jealous of all those who have found Sharpies, tape, paper towels, kleenex, etc. -- NONE of our stores have had any (though I keep checking to see if they mysteriously turn up)!

Oh, if you like oreos, found tons still in the regular aisle for 27c a pack today. The packaging has snowflakes on them! Have seen several at many stores...... I am now the owner of WAY too many oreos! Yikes!

Sounds like it's time to start making some Oreo Truffles!!

Everyone posting about the lack of toys on clearance has me wondering if we're just really lucky here or if I just have lower standards for a "good" clearance selection. Because both of my regular Targets have a TON on clearance...at least 2 full aisles at one, 1 full aisle at the other. Most of the endcaps are full, too. And it's a wide variety...princesses, babydolls, Legos, board games, electronics...tons! One store has a few ride-on toys and larger items, the other had a few play kitchens. I know that a lot of it will be gone before 75% off, but I'm very happy with what is there now. Maybe KC just got lucky this time!

Oh, and two finds I wanted to share:

### Fancy Nancy Tag reader book: $6.98

-$4/1 printable coupon (coupons.com) or from the 1/3 Parade magazine

=$2.98

### Dino Roars Stompers Monty (big giant red dinosaur...cloth covered, not Spike): $29.50 (50%)

-$10/1 printable coupon (from coupons.com...I don't think it's still available)

=$19.50