Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

"That said, some local jurisdictions and states have laws that prohibit this and require the store to give back what you paid, period. So, it depends on your location. Here in CA, you get only the current selling price. I believe some folks in NJ & MO have reported they can get full price"

I'm in SoCal, as well. I have just this last Halloween returned an orange Halloween table cloth which I thought had pumpkins on it and it had dragons on it after a more careful inspection at home. I returned it around December and I received what I had paid for it. Just thought I'd add my experience.

I'd say you were lucky then. I've tried a number of times, and they enforce the policy automatically. On the other hand, you didn't say whether you bought it at a discount or not. If your discounted price was the last selling price, that might account for it.

Thanks Katie from MA for reporting so early that your store went to 90%. I just came back from checking out my store and it went to 90% either today or yesterday, I have no idea since I haven't been to the store since Wed. I was thinking it would go tomorrow (sunday) so I'm really glad that I went to check it out today. Where there was 2 FULL aisles on Wed when it went to 75% off, there was virtually nothing left today. They had already replaced everything with the bulk items and other "summer" food items. There was one small basket of easter stuff left on the floor - of which, I picked out an Carter's easter basket and pillsbury stuff. There were stilll a few more Easter scattered randomly in the various departments, but it was pretty random - there were no toys left at all except the Imaginext that I found in the stationary section of all places. There were a lot of items at 75% off in the dollar spot which I picked up. Here's what I left with:

### (4) Girl's Shorts $0.40 each

### (6) Girls Socks from the blue dot dollar spot $0.25 each

### (2) Baby socks form the dollar spot $0.25 each

### (1) FP Imaginext Easter Toy Set $1.49

### (1) Carter's Easter Basket $0.79

### (4) Sesame Street Elmo paperback books $0.25 each (dollar spot)

### (1) Precious Moments potty book $0.25 each (dollar spot)

### (1) Benjamin Bunny Coloring Book $0.25 each (dollar spot)

### (3) Precious Moments small board book $0.25 each (dollar spot)

### (2) Counting/Shape small board book $0.25 each (dollar spot)

### (1) Peter Cottontail Easter Book (sings) $0.98

### (1) Chick Board Book $0.15

### (1) Bunny board book $0.25 (dollar spot)

### (3) Pillsbury Spring frosting $0.16 each

### (1) Pillsbury Spring Cake Mix $0.16

### (1) Bicycle Mini Cards $0.10

### (1) Knee High Easter Socks $0.50

### (1) Carter's Newborn Boys Easter Booties $0.39

### (1) Flinestones Sour Gummies Vitamins $3.25 (thanks Sarasuzymama)

And I indulged in a full price single serve Simply Lemonade at $1.49! I spent around $18 for everything. I looked really hard for the crayola items that are on sale and the clearance batteries but couldn't find anything. I also happy cause now I don't have to go on Sunday morning and wake up early for it.

Edited by junkietiger14

Still 75% off in KC (at Ward Parkway). Very slim pickings...a bunch of Easter grass and random candy left, but not much else. There are a couple of the Hello Kitty sets that I'm hoping for, but not too much else! A few pair of girls shorts...I already bought all I needed, though.

I saw the bubble sets, but honestly $1.49 was still too much for me! I may grab some tomorrow, though!

I am a little confused as to what batteries are going on clearance and what department are they coming from. If anyone has some additional info as to exactly what we need to look for, could you please share. THANKS!!!! :D

I got duracell batteries in a flat pack of 12 (I think) and it had the 1$ off target coupon attached to the front of it. Today I found several packs at one of my stores but only 3 of them had the coupon on the front so I only bought three. I found mine in electronics. They were with the battery display on a clearance peg.......

75% here in east bay... bagged candy at 75%.... still waiting to go to 90%... don't really need anything :D

Got same stuff at $ spot .. 75% OFF

### toddler girl tights $.25 (got 4)

### girls socks $.25

### Elmo paperback books $.25

thanks for posting info regarding crayola markers and side walk chalk .. found a couple in crayola isle

### Crayola flip top markers $.50

### Crayola sidewalk chalk $.54

Please remind me: Does the Dollar Spot stuff go 90% off? I think I remember it has in the past, but it may have only been 75% off. I saw that it was 75% off today in one store, and I thought the Easter would be 90% off. Of course, Easter was only 75% off (I scanned a few items).

Please remind me: Does the Dollar Spot stuff go 90% off? I think I remember it has in the past, but it may have only been 75% off. I saw that it was 75% off today in one store, and I thought the Easter would be 90% off. Of course, Easter was only 75% off (I scanned a few items).

Most stores salvage the dollar spot at 75% off. But there are a few select stores out there that go to 90%.

Well, I ventured out again tonight and visited a store I had not hit yet.

First of all - I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Thank you for all of your help, the advice, pictures, tips, etc... I know I can count on you all here to help me find the killer deals! ;)

Duracell Batteries: One store had already salvaged them so they pulled them when I brought it to their attention, BUT they did give me the $1 off coupons that were on them. :) I went to the next store and they had one pack on clearance, bought them for $1.48 after the coupon.

###057060252 Duracell AAA 16 Pack - $1.48 after the $1.00 off coupon

What to look for with the batteries: Duracell changed the packaging (more plastic and less cardboard) and some of the quantity, so the 10 packs are now 12 packs for example. Once you get there you will see what I mean. Do look around the store for all the additional battery displays. You might find them there if the electronic dept. doesn't have any. (Also - don't forget the clearance end caps. That is where I found mine.)

Skelanimals: The purple-ish pink bunny and the fuzzy yellow chick are also on clearance. I have seen these put back on the shelf with the current toys. They are in the same isle as Webkinz. My daughter is 11 and she LOVES these funny looking stuffed toys... so something for the gift stockpile for older girls.

Speaking of Webkinz... I may have some good news for some of you - if you have a Target employee who will work with you. I found the little bunny Lil'Kinz - Webkinz back with the rest of the regular priced Webkinz. LovetoshopCA, you were right, the the bar code on the attached tag won't work so when scanned they come up not found. I took it to customer service and explained that it was part of an Easter gift bag and it had become seperated from that bag. She looked it up for me and sold it to me for $1.24. I had two, so I got them both.

Here is the number for you to have on hand so they can look it up:

###086080025 - Webkinz Lilkinz Bunny Easter Bag $1.24

I also hit the Dollar Spot for lots of 75% off things. Keep an eye out for some cute lip glosses like Peeps and Charms (it looks like a little sucker).

I will be heading out to see if we go 90% off tomorrow. :)

Happy Shopping!

http://img7.sellersourcebook.com/users/25493/done.jpg

Edited by RockiesGirl

I got duracell batteries in a flat pack of 12 (I think) and it had the 1$ off target coupon attached to the front of it. Today I found several packs at one of my stores but only 3 of them had the coupon on the front so I only bought three. I found mine in electronics. They were with the battery display on a clearance peg.......

Thank you SO much for the advice. I now see what you all were looking for. I found one today - hopefully more tomorrow. :)

got to target yesterday and bought way too much at 75% off. The dollar spot was marked at 50% but scanning 75% so I mangaged to get lots of the board books for party favors for my bf's daughters bday. By the time I got back as was reminded of my nephews elmo 1st bday the 75% signs were up and it was slim pickings. I went overboard on the dora bicycle cards only to be told that "dora is for babies" (by a 3 year old!) so those are all going back. I managed to only buy 3 bags of candy as opposed to the usual haul along with a table cloth, two packs of the utensils, a pair of the shorts, some floppy hats, matching purses and long and short white gloves,a cute bunny "jelly bean jar" and a few scattered plush.

POSSIBLE OVER 95% OFF DURACELL BATTERIES!

I bought 12 x 16-20 count packs of Duracell Batteries @ 1.48 each after coupons. Some of the attached coupons were store coupons and some were maufacturer coupons. I had some extra ones and so they honored store coupons for all 12 plus they honored the couple manuafacturer coupons I had too so those 2 packs were actually only .48 each. SO , if you can round up the coupons, manufacturer and store, you can get these batteries at less than 95% off!

You may have to hunt for them. Look at every "BATTERY CENTER" in the store - usually located at the end caps in toys, electronics & household.

The original price is $9.99 and the counts vary between 16-20.

I have a few pictures of the ones I found. Keep an eye out for the STAR on the top corner or stickers in the center. I also found some AAA ones where the batteries were all laid out flat (not layered).

http://img7.sellersourcebook.com/users/25493/img_1562.jpg

http://img7.sellersourcebook.com/users/25493/img_1563.jpg

http://img7.sellersourcebook.com/users/25493/img_1564.jpg

http://img7.sellersourcebook.com/users/25493/img_1565.jpg

Hope this helps some of you find some great deals!

Edited by RockiesGirl

Just scored 5 packs of the 16ct. duracell AAA batteries @ $1.48 each after coupon. :)

Be sure to look for the flat pack (not double row) of 16 ct, not the 16 plus 4 bonus pack. These were not labeled clearance, they were on the same peg as the bonus 20ct ones. Stumbled upon someones easter stash also. DD wanted a club penguin toy and there were some Easter Polly Pockets in the mix along with a few leftover Valentines items. Managed to find two of the clearance penguins at .99 each . I love Target!!

Just scored 5 packs of the 16ct. duracell AAA batteries @ $1.48 each after coupon. :)

Be sure to look for the flat pack (not double row) of 16 ct, not the 16 plus 4 bonus pack. These were not labeled clearance, they were on the same peg as the bonus 20ct ones. Stumbled upon someones easter stash also. DD wanted a club penguin toy and there were some Easter Polly Pockets in the mix along with a few leftover Valentines items. Managed to find two of the clearance penguins at .99 each . I love Target!!

what are the easter Polly pockets? I have not seen these.

Be sure to look for the flat pack (not double row) of 16 ct, not the 16 plus 4 bonus pack. These were not labeled clearance, they were on the same peg as the bonus 20ct ones.

Thank you, I do need to clarify my post - there are some 16+4 that are not on clearance - but the 16+4 ones that were on clearance here had the star on the top corner of the package with the words "Try NEW ULTRA ADVANCED Batteries" written on it. Those did ring up on clearance for me. See the picture above for an idea what the star looks like. :)

I recommend that if you come across a 16+4 pack that does not look like the new design, scan it and see what happens. I scanned several before I found the clearance ones.

Edited by RockiesGirl

(Fort Wayne) Glenbrook was at 90% (75% bagged candy) this morning. Blue Dot 75% off.

I got there a few minutes after opening and saw the 75% off signs,but scanned some items and they were 90%.

There was alot of candy left.

I might hit the Northwood store tomorrow although I don't really need anything ;)