Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Thought I'd post a hidden Easter find. There were some Easter Skyballs that have made it into the regular toy section. There are two different kinds that I found. One type has a liquid inside and Easter Confetti type shapes (think eggs and bunnies). The others do not have the liquid but still have the confetti inside. They were with in the toy section with the other sky balls, by the outside toys. Normally $8.99, my stores had 90% off so $0.89. There are non easter ones too, so make sure they have the Easter confetti inside.

Thought I'd post a hidden Easter find. There were some Easter Skyballs that have made it into the regular toy section. There are two different kinds that I found. One type has a liquid inside and Easter Confetti type shapes (think eggs and bunnies). The others do not have the liquid but still have the confetti inside. They were with in the toy section with the other sky balls, by the outside toys. Normally $8.99, my stores had 90% off so $0.89. There are non easter ones too, so make sure they have the Easter confetti inside.

what are skyballs?

what are the easter Polly pockets? I have not seen these.

They came in a package pretty much the same as the disney ones-the plastic display part attached to the cardboard were egg shaped. We stumbled across one yesterday by accident hidden in some easter grass....my dd was happy with it........

Found a ton today...thanks for the tips on the Bubble sets and the Skelanimals...found both in the toys section! Also found the lip smackers in the cosmetics section. Was also happy to find a moon sand set near the regular moon sand ($.59). Anyway, here's a list of everything.

###In the Toys Section

###Kids Bubbles Sets: $.49 each

###Skelanimals (Bunny & Chick): $.69 each

###Moon Sand tub (with a little chick mold): $.49

###Thomas Easter Train: $.69 (I didn't get one of these, but saw them sitting with the Thomas stuff)

###In the Book Section:

###Peter Rabbit Coloring Book: $.25

###In the paper good section:

###Easter Egg Paper Cups: $.19

###In Cosmetics (on the end cap with all of the other Lip Smackers):

###Easter Lip Smacker Set (the cardboard is shaped like an egg): $.49

###Here is what I found in the actual Easter section:

###Girls Shorts: $.40

###Pez Dispensers: $.19

###Easter Wall Hanging: $.59

###Egg Dye Kits: $.14

###Gift Bags (non-easter...just spring flowers): $.09

###Playdoh Eggs: $.49

###Mini Barbie Easter Set: $.59

###Bicycle Cards (Dora and Plain): $.10

###Mini LCD Game: $.10

###Iron Man Bobblehead: $.79

###Hot Wheels: $.29

###Hello Kitty Set: $1.99 (my most expensive item!!)

###Egg Etch-a-Sketch: $.59

Edited by Gator Pam
Formatted to list on perimeterperusing.com

Thank you, I do need to clarify my post - there are some 16+4 that are not on clearance - but the 16+4 ones that were on clearance here had the star on the top corner of the package with the words "Try NEW ULTRA ADVANCED Batteries" written on it. Those did ring up on clearance for me. See the picture above for an idea what the star looks like. :)

I recommend that if you come across a 16+4 pack that does not look like the new design, scan it and see what happens. I scanned several before I found the clearance ones.

So glad you posted pictures, I actually typed that on my way home from the store Via blackberry and didn't see your post when I did it! I have to make another trip there but probably can't do it til Thursday. I'll look for the AA ones. Hopefully somebody saved me some :)

So glad you posted pictures, I actually typed that on my way home from the store Via blackberry and didn't see your post when I did it! I have to make another trip there but probably can't do it til Thursday. I'll look for the AA ones. Hopefully somebody saved me some :)

The AA's were hard for me to find, I only found them in one store out of five. Crossing fingers for you!

This was a random find for me - worth looking into to see if it is on clearance in your stores:

###08000644 Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 - Comfort Curve Keyboard | High Definition Laser Mouse 75% off $24.98 (Was $99.99)

Here is a link to a couple pictures of it:

http://www.geeks.com/imageshare/6/300x300/69A-00002-unit.jpg

http://www.geeks.com/imageshare/6/300x300/69A-00002-box.jpg

I checked for the Sky High balls (Thank you for the tip!!!), no luck but did score on a few other items. :)

Put a fork in me - I am done with Easter Shopping! ;)

Edited by RockiesGirl

I stopped by to return something and I saw that dollar spot blue items had been salvaged already (which I expected). But surprisingly, the Easter items were not salvaged yet - even though we went to 90% on Friday or Sat (I think Sat). It will definitely be salvaged tomorrow if it follows the Vday schedule. And they had an entire end cap of easter grass (which did not ring up), eggs and decorating kits and one Nerf basket that were not there when I went on Saturday afternoon. There was also a few Fisher Price toys left so I picked them all up. I found one Reese's eggs candy bag in the cart that I pulled out for use. Otherwise, I couldn't find any easter candy anywhere either on Sat or this morning. I checked all the other departments and couldn't find any stray Easter items.

I also found Hello Kitty Stamp & Sticker kit (ages 5+) for $1.24 in the toy section (75% off). I will list out the items when I get a chance - but I think most of the stuff I got has been listed already.

### 081040607 Hello Kitty Stamp & Sticker kit $1.24

Edited by junkietiger14

Just got back and found a few stray items. This store I went to today seemed to have done a great job of finding hidden stuff. Did find a few items already listed like the bubbles, paperoni's, purses, headband, and a whole display of stuffed bunnies in the toy section so got a few. They were pulling stuff and taking it to the back so I assume that the stuff here will be salvaged tomorrow. (or sometime today!) :( Edited by 1angelnhvn

Thanks so much Rockiesgirl for the pics! I went to the Target around the corner from my house and searched EVERY battery stand. I bought 10 packs and showed the rest to a few shoppers. I couldn't justify all the AAA's but i got every AA pack I saw. I bought 5 AAA's yesterday A.M. when I came on last night I saw your pics. Those let me know exactly what to look for. 2 AA's were right where I was yesterday:D

On my way home today from work I stopped at another store and found 3 of the bumble bee club penguin plush that was part of the easter clearance. I checked one to be sure on the scanned and it scanned .99 so didnt' check all three assuming that they all had the same tag-well, they don't so just a heads up to keep an eye out if you see them to check the prices or you may be surprised later. I thought I'd have one for each of my three kids but still got the one. Just a heads up for anyone else looking for them! Found yet a few more things at this store. They still had their easter display with a ton of grass and cheap baskets signed 90 off........

A random question: As someone who very rarely took advantage of holiday clearances at Target before Christmas 2009 (and the only one I did before that was an occasional v-day), after Easter is there really any other holiday clearance before Halloween? or is Halloween, the next one? Thanks!

I went back tonight, one last time, to pick up 500 plastic eggs for my little hometown's "Easter Egg Hunt 2011" and just had to check the toy shelves. I did find two MAUI Four Seasons water filled large bouncy balls with Easter egg confetti in it for .89 each. It's a heavier ball than the Sky Balls. The egg confetti looks gray and is about 1/2" long. My kids are, of course thrilled. :) Edited by RockiesGirl

A random question: As someone who very rarely took advantage of holiday clearances at Target before Christmas 2009 (and the only one I did before that was an occasional v-day), after Easter is there really any other holiday clearance before Halloween? or is Halloween, the next one? Thanks!

No really big holiday clearance other than the 4th of July. There will be several times when items will go down to 75% off throughout the year. Oh, in the summer they usually have another big toy clearance which I try to take advantage of. :)

Edited by RockiesGirl

Went today and the Easter clearance isle was completely gone and restocked, but I did find a couple strays and BATTERIES!!

###057060252 Duracell 16ct AAA $2.48 and all had attached $1 off coupons so $1.48 each (I found 3)

###057060457 Duracell 16ct AA $2.48 and all had attached $1 off coupons so $1.48 each (I only found 1)

Also found a Little kids bubble bucket that was posted earlier for .59 and a Puppy In My Pocket set for .39. My MLP stuff that I hid was gone, but the puppy stuff was where my MLP stuff had been hidden. I also got a bag of Hershey's milk chocolate eggs that rang INF, but the cashier just punched in .33 without saying anything so I didn't argue.

Went today and the Easter clearance isle was completely gone and restocked, but I did find a couple strays and BATTERIES!!

###057060252 Duracell 16ct AAA $2.48 and all had attached $1 off coupons so $1.48 each (I found 3)

###057060457 Duracell 16ct AA $2.48 and all had attached $1 off coupons so $1.48 each (I only found 1)

Also found a Little kids bubble bucket that was posted earlier for .59 and a Puppy In My Pocket set for .39. My MLP stuff that I hid was gone, but the puppy stuff was where my MLP stuff had been hidden. I also got a bag of Hershey's milk chocolate eggs that rang INF, but the cashier just punched in .33 without saying anything so I didn't argue.

so jealous of you guys finding the duracell deal... culdn't even find one here...:no:

so jealous of you guys finding the duracell deal... culdn't even find one here...:no:

Me too. I couldn't find it here either, I guess I was too late. I have checked every aisle LOL. But sometimes they do bring out stuff that wasn't there before.

anyone go out this morning and find out if Easter is salvaged? I wasn't able to get out yesterday after all, and hate to make the drive if they are going to deny me the stuff I find...

Easter is also salvaged here, but we went to 90% off by Saturday.

The Easter stuff here is salvaged and it didn't go 90% till Sunday.

Same here in north DFW. Blue dot gone too. Found some stragglers (diego bubbles, pez, maui bounce ball, LPS) and the clerk didn't bat an eye and ran them thru at the 90%. It's always hit or miss with me, but was happy with my finds. Seems to work better when I have other items to purchase in addition to the "not on file" stuff.

This lady back home buys Targets salvaged stuff and sells it in her store so I think that might be why we are not seeing stuff go 90% off any more. Target can probably sell it to them in bulk and make more money off of the stuff.

I wouldn't give up. Look in different stores and make sure you are checking the various "Battery Centers" located on several end caps in the stores. :)

I looked in both the neighborhood stores ... believe me i checked everywhere...:D i think getting deals here in bay area is getting more difficult because of resellers.... i just have to make sure i get to stuff before they get to them..::P

I cannot WAIT to go back to Target and search for some of the deals you guys are finding (specifically the batteries and the Easter-themed stuff that has been put back with the "regular" stuff).

I found Pillsbury Spring Funfetti cake mix for 16 cents yesterday. Not with Easter clearance; mixed in with regular cake/brownie mixes on an endcap.

Tons left! "Use by" date is July 2011.

This lady back home buys Targets salvaged stuff and sells it in her store so I think that might be why we are not seeing stuff go 90% off any more. Target can probably sell it to them in bulk and make more money off of the stuff.

Yes, that is what salvage means. In some areas they sell to Salvation Army or Goodwill (they do not donate it). In some areas they sell to Big Lots and other stores like them. They also sell to salvage companies that auction it off online. You can often see their salvage at Liquidation.com. There has been a lot less available to these stores that rely on salvage, so they are able to command higher prices for what is available now.

Yes, that is what salvage means. In some areas they sell to Salvation Army or Goodwill (they do not donate it). In some areas they sell to Big Lots and other stores like them. They also sell to salvage companies that auction it off online. You can often see their salvage at Liquidation.com. There has been a lot less available to these stores that rely on salvage, so they are able to command higher prices for what is available now.

Yes this lady gets hers from a salvage company and resales it. That just sucks. Less for us.

Salvaged easter here but found a few stragglers and the guy ringing me up just made up a price. (cheaper than 90 off-wish I had known he'd be so nice as I saw more stragglers but didn't want to press my luck) I was happy as I finally found one of the balls with the easter confetti in it and my daughter has been wanting one so bad! I will make her day when I get home!!!! Other than that, gone here! Found:

###207000085 wii fit carrier thingy (to transport the wii balance board) 3.74

###207000145 wii remote charger pad 14.98 Has two rechargeable batteries for the wii remotes as well as a charging pad you lay it on to charge them.

Edited by 1angelnhvn