Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I found this stuff with all of the holiday decorations and wrap, but it was kinda hidden in a corner. Sometimes after the holidays I find it and sometimes I don't. It all depends on how much the store originally received and how much they sold. Be sure to ask, sometimes they still have it with the non-holiday paper goods and containers or they could even have some in the back that they haven't had the chance to put out yet. Good luck!

Be careful with the single packs of red tissue paper 6 count sheets. They didn't ring up 50% even though they had tons mixed in with the other holiday tissue. Of course I wasn't paying attention and didn't see it until I got home.

I found this stuff with all of the holiday decorations and wrap, but it was kinda hidden in a corner. Sometimes after the holidays I find it and sometimes I don't. It all depends on how much the store originally received and how much they sold. Be sure to ask, sometimes they still have it with the non-holiday paper goods and containers or they could even have some in the back that they haven't had the chance to put out yet. Good luck!

Be careful with the single packs of red tissue paper 6 count sheets. They didn't ring up 50% even though they had tons mixed in with the other holiday tissue. Of course I wasn't paying attention and didn't see it until I got home.

Either everyone else got to it before I got there this morning, or our store didn't have any. Either way, I'm going back up there to look.

Thanks for the tip on the tissue paper - I will pull out my receipt.

Back from a quick stop--We found Reynolds Wrap, Gladware containers, Ziploc containers (odd gold color), bounty papertowels, scotch magic tape, sissors and the usual gift tags and riboon. Oh, and Softsoap. Everything was 50% off. And the cashier keyed in my coupons :).

I saw the Reynolds Wrap, Gladware, paper towels etc at my Target this morning, all 50% off. They were along a long wall near the decorations, with all the holiday themed candies/cookies/food gift sets.

The only 'decorations' I got were stocking hangers for 50% off, I have been wanting them and there weren't many there, so I decided not to wait for them to drop to 75%.

The reynolds wrap, Gladware and Ziploc containers were all with the Christmas towels (everything was consolidated into one area). The tape and sissors were with the giftwrap in a cardboard bin.

I used coupons for the Reynolds Wrap and Ziploc containers from the Sunday coupons, I just paperclip them to a Target list on the refrig, so they are ready for post-holiday shopping.

Be careful with the Reynolds Wrap, there is regular and heavy duty....the heavy duty has a lot less in the box.

Webt this morning. No paper towels or ziplocs either. Did snag pop tarts double packs for 1.24 and Quaker chewy bars for 1.14 (had special Christmas decorations on the Quaker bars and the pop tarts were gingerbread men). Great to put in the girls lunchboxes when they go back to school

Got a bunch of holiday Oreos and Pepperidge Farm holiday cookies - marked 30% but ringing 50%. Same with some chocolate covered crackers I wanted to try.

My favorite find was the Emerson infrared hand soap dispensers for 50% off, so $5 each. They have absolutely zero holiday packaging - not even a red box. Found them in the holiday aisle though. I was skeptical but so far they work great and kids think they are cool!

I was able to get softsoap, dish soap, foil, baggies, and a lot of misc. food items like oreos and granola bars, bags, and wrapping paper. Two people grabbed all of the paper towels, so didn't get those. I got there when they opened, and people were taking things out of other peoples carts. I lost some baggies to someone when I wasnt looking. I found some of my things in the regular aisles. There isnt a lot left. I am glad I bought what I did. Last year I was able to get a lot at 75, but this year it is all selling at 50.

Went to my target around 10ish and it was packed with people. I din't find any bounty, gladware, or foil. There are plenty of wrapping paper, tags,ribbon, and bows but I am waiting for them to hit 75% to purchase. I did however come across scotch scissors that were 1.50. For some reason the 3m command hooks were not on clearance. coming up 3.99 - 4.99 even though they were in the seasonal section. Xmas bedsheets were 10.00 any size, there were plenty. I saw the sterling silver cake stand servewarre were at 50% off but I am aiming for 75%.

Was at my Target around noon and they were pulling more of the red boxed gift items out of the back and putting them out. All I bought was 2 chocolate bars, a box of candy canes that the kids just HAD to have, and the last sky ball I could find. Holding out of for 75%, hoping it goes on Thursday.

Christmas 07

Dec. 26th, 2007 = 50%

Monday, Dec. 31st, 2007 = 75%

Friday, Jan. 4th, 2007 = 90%

Christmas 08

Dec. 26th, 2008 = 50%

Tuesday, Dec. 30th, 2008 = 75%

Tuesday, Jan. 6th, 2009 = 90%

Jan. 2nd, 2009 = 75% Dollar Spot Christmas (black dot)

Christmas 09

Dec. 26th, 2009 = 50%

Thursday, Dec. 31st, 2009 = 75% (black dollar spot too)

Tuesday, Jan. 5th, 2010 = 90%

I was at Target when it opened this morning. Grabbed a couple dish soaps, aluminum foil, LED lantern lights and LED flashlight sets, etc... I went back with my son (home from college-I'm in 7th Heaven!) around 8:00 and it looked like a disaster area. The stocking stuffer type toys were pretty much all gone. I don't think I've seen that happen before. I don't know if they had less or if people are buying more. I did find 2 Lego sets for the Shoebox Project. I was hoping there would be stuff left at 75% off but there won't be this year. I did get a few Magna Doodles and Etch a Sketches for the boxes too. I was looking behind the shelves and found a few things that way. I also had a 10% off coupon and also the 5% when I use my Target red card.

Keep in mind that most likely there will be more stock brought out over the next few days; don't let bare shelves now dishearten you completely. Between stuff coming in from the warehouse that didn't make it to the stores by Chr-stmas, and returns which may be made, those of us who are persistent may still stumble upon the awesome deal at 75% and even 90% off.

Just came back from my store and did find the red box gift martini drink mix and red box doll house at 50%. Things that I really wanted on Sun morning but didn't get up for :)

The xmas aisle is totally ransanked. Was looking for those knotts berry farm gift packs w/jelly and stuff. Does Walmart or CVS carry those?

Most toys are at 30%, with the exception of the red box which are at 50%.

HTH anyone looking for things :)

Took the girls to spend their holiday money that was burning a whole! Noticed that Holiday items were 50% off. Toys Clearance were sitting at 30% - 50% off.

One good find - I got a 10 pack of Tide Stain Release packs on clearance for $2.78, had a $2 off any size coupon - so only paid $0.78. I also got a 2 pack of waterproof Revlon Eye Liner for $4.48. I was such a big spender, not! lol

Was at my Target around noon and they were pulling more of the red boxed gift items out of the back and putting them out. All I bought was 2 chocolate bars, a box of candy canes that the kids just HAD to have, and the last sky ball I could find. Holding out of for 75%, hoping it goes on Thursday.

Christmas 07

Dec. 26th, 2007 = 50%

Monday, Dec. 31st, 2007 = 75%

Friday, Jan. 4th, 2007 = 90%

Christmas 08

Dec. 26th, 2008 = 50%

Tuesday, Dec. 30th, 2008 = 75%

Tuesday, Jan. 6th, 2009 = 90%

Jan. 2nd, 2009 = 75% Dollar Spot Christmas (black dot)

Christmas 09

Dec. 26th, 2009 = 50%

Thursday, Dec. 31st, 2009 = 75% (black dollar spot too)

Tuesday, Jan. 5th, 2010 = 90%

Thank you so much for the past dates. I was just about to start searching archives.:) I guess I can sleep in tomorrow.

###Found scissors and pop up tape dispensers. But the cool thing was the coupons attached to the 3 pack scotch tape. I also found the coupon for the scissors online here http://www.3m.com/brands/scotch/promos/welcomecoupon.pdf.

###081060738-3 pk Scotch tape-this is what I found the original coupons on.

###081060023-Scotch Scissors-$3 reg price-$1.50 Sale price minus $1.00 coupon= .50

###081060923-Scotch Cutter-$3 reg price-$1.50 sale price minus $1.00 coupone=.50

We ALWAYS need scissors in our house so this was a great find for us.

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for listing on perimeterperusing.com

Candy dropped to 50% while I was shopping a few minutes ago. At the same time, the Christmas Softsoap & body wash went 75%! I was also pleased to find they put out a case of Insulair coffee cups with lids. I scalped the $.55 coupons off the regular Insulair cups in the paper goods aisle making them $.94 a package. FYI, if you are shopping candy, there are still some valid coupons on coupons.com for Christmas candy.

People go NUTS over those Bounty towels/napkins! If you aren't there when the store opens on the 50% off day, you are out of luck (unless they have some hidden stock somewhere). Last year I got super lucky with the Kleenex, though...they never moved them to the clearance area and they were still there at 90% off!! I STILL have 5-6 boxes of Christmas Kleenex from last year. :)

Hoping for 75% off tomorrow! I haven't set foot in a Target for 2 weeks...I'm itching to get there!

All the Carter's baby items were gone, I bought all the bibs, wunsies and costumes for 90% off after Halloween....was hoping to do the same thing after Christmas :(

Oh no! I was hoping that there would be something cause my 2 month old DS is starting to really grow and soo much faster than his sister at this age. I'm short clothing in the 3-6M size, unless I do laundry nearly every day but it's not possible in an apt building. Darn, I should have bought the 6M monkey costume at Halloween but it looked like it had been worn.

I'm hoping it goes to 75% off tomorrow as there are items that I would get at 75% off. It won't last until 90%. I remember last year that at 90%, the aisles were really bare.

Did Target have kid's Christmas clothes this year? If so, what do they look like? I didn't see any in the holiday section yesterday and didn't have time to look through the regular clothing section.

I saw some in infants/toddlers and womens, but never saw any in girls. Didn't check boys or mens.

Oh no! I was hoping that there would be something cause my 2 month old DS is starting to really grow and soo much faster than his sister at this age. I'm short clothing in the 3-6M size, unless I do laundry nearly every day but it's not possible in an apt building. Darn, I should have bought the 6M monkey costume at Halloween but it looked like it had been worn.

I'm hoping it goes to 75% off tomorrow as there are items that I would get at 75% off. It won't last until 90%. I remember last year that at 90%, the aisles were really bare.

They are starting to mark down some of their non holiday baby clothes. I think they are at 30% off right now.

A few of my friends buy infant and kids clothes at thrift stores like Goodwill and the Hospice thrift store. I'm always amazed at what they find. Some of it is new with tags too.