Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

I finally ahve 2 on hold on furthest away store but can't make it til after work. I'll have to callback then see if it's still on hold or available would be a wasted trip in rush hour no less after I spent all day yesterday driving around since none of the electronics depts were answering phones.

Good luck! Hope you get it!

Is it me, or is Target Clearance really bad right now? DH found hot chocolate mix and it says it is on clearance for -10%.

That's hysterical!

Clearance is very bad right now at my stores.

This is not a PP deal but a good one nonetheless:

Buy 2 Tostitos @2/ $5 and get a free jar of Tostitos dip or salsa ($3).I found peelies on the bags for a free 2 liter ($1) of Pepsi.

I'm ashamed to say how many times I've done this deal :o but we love the multigrain ones especially and those are included in the deal.

That's hysterical!

I'm ashamed to say how many times I've done this deal :o but we love the multigrain ones especially and those are included in the deal.

Never be ashamed of finding a good deal :) I'll see if we have peelies in store if I remember.Don't really need salsa or pepsi but what the heck .

I just got a terrific deal on Sonicare Essence toothbrushes, thanks to a heads up by TotallyTarget

Target has them in store on price cut/sale for $37.99 through tomorrow, supposedly an $80 retail value. Their website has a Target printable *Target* coupon for $10 off one Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Handle Item on their coupon page of their website. There is a $10 manufacturers coupon in the 11/21 Smart Source newspaper coupon insert, and in the same insert there is a $10 mail in rebate as well.

A Sonicare for $7.99 after rebate? Sold!

In the 11/21 Smart Source insert, the manufacturers coupon and rebate are one on top of the other.

The Target website supposedly did have the $10 manufacturers coupon, as well as their own coupon, available to print. But I was unable to find the $10 manufacturers coupon there when I searched.

Is it me, or is Target Clearance really bad right now? DH found hot chocolate mix and it says it is on clearance for -10%.

Clearance is always really bad at this time of year. What does get marked down gets snatched up faster because there are more people in the stores. But, interestingly, I was chatting up the mark down team at one store today, and they said there has been less and less clearance over the last year or so. Target moved to a Just In Time system, so they don't have as much stuff in the warehouse that ends up clearance. But they said they think that clearance may go away entirely. I can't see how that is even possible since there is always stuff that doesn't sell, but they were feeling like it could happen. They mentioned that something called "re-wrap" went away. Maybe someone here who has worked at Target in the past and is on the list knows what that was and can comment. I am curious. But in any case, it doesn't bode well for us.

I didn't find toothbrushes at any of the three stores but two had a regular sale price of 37.99 for this model and coupons/rebate are still good so may keep an eye out. FINALLY got Fantasia today had to buy the 27.99 combo pack but its a better price than waiting til after sale is over as the store that was holding the other sold my copies and noone else had them.

I didn't find toothbrushes at any of the three stores but two had a regular sale price of 37.99 for this model and coupons/rebate are still good so may keep an eye out. FINALLY got Fantasia today had to buy the 27.99 combo pack but its a better price than waiting til after sale is over as the store that was holding the other sold my copies and noone else had them.

Glad at least you got it. Now go watch it.

I will have to look for those toothbrushes. Good deal.

Is there a sale or deal w/the Fantasia?

yes in the dvd section it's explained. Basically, since its release week its on sale and in this case both disney and target(also best buy) are doing extra discounts on top of that. disney has a $10 coupon and target is offering $10 when you purchase 2 or fantasia and sorcerers apprentice on bluray combo pack in same purchase. bluray combo pack is on sale for 24.99 at target the one I got I think has digital copy too for 27.99 but was 17.99*2=35.98-10=25.98 for both. The fantasia release has both the original and more recent one. Sorcerer's stone is 24.99 with another $10 disney coupon and same $10 offer from target. I may return that one though since probably won't enjoy it.

This is the model my store had as well. I'm a little worried b/c the replacement heads are $24-36 per pack of 2 or 3. Anyone have insight on that?!?!?!

My store showed a display of the 5300, but didn't have any in stock. I assumed since this one was 53XX it was maybe the same!!!

This is the model my store had as well. I'm a little worried b/c the replacement heads are $24-36 per pack of 2 or 3. Anyone have insight on that?!?!?!

That sounds pretty standard for an electric toothbrush ($10 a head). I get brush heads at Costco, or sometimes I find them on clearance at Target.

LovetoshopCA: I would guess that "re-wrap" is what your particular store's markdown team calls the items that get opened or separated (for example, a pajama top that gets separated from its bottom). When I worked @Target when I was in college we would have to re-label/re-package certain kinds of items to be put out on the clearance shelves. It sounds like your store has stopped doing that. So you probably won't see, for example, an opened package of AA batteries with only 3 remaining marked down on a clearance shelf.

LovetoshopCA: I would guess that "re-wrap" is what your particular store's markdown team calls the items that get opened or separated (for example, a pajama top that gets separated from its bottom). When I worked @Target when I was in college we would have to re-label/re-package certain kinds of items to be put out on the clearance shelves. It sounds like your store has stopped doing that. So you probably won't see, for example, an opened package of AA batteries with only 3 remaining marked down on a clearance shelf.

That sounds right. They do sometimes repack things, but usually Guest Services does that part and price change puts the price tag on it. It is not very common, and certainly not with stuff like partial packs of batteries.

Does anyone know if that Disney movie deal is still going on at Target. I have the Disney $10 off coupons (fantasia needs to be used by the 7th) but are they still giving there $10 off? I looked online and I didnt see anything, I even acted as if I would purchase the two movies and it didnt give me a discount in my cart either. I am so bummed I was at Target yesterday and saw the movie was $19.95 and thought I would wait (why?).

Clearance is always really bad at this time of year. What does get marked down gets snatched up faster because there are more people in the stores. But, interestingly, I was chatting up the mark down team at one store today, and they said there has been less and less clearance over the last year or so. Target moved to a Just In Time system, so they don't have as much stuff in the warehouse that ends up clearance. But they said they think that clearance may go away entirely. I can't see how that is even possible since there is always stuff that doesn't sell, but they were feeling like it could happen. They mentioned that something called "re-wrap" went away. Maybe someone here who has worked at Target in the past and is on the list knows what that was and can comment. I am curious. But in any case, it doesn't bode well for us.

I can see where the clearance is going away slowly. Here in Ohio, we have a discount chain called Marcs. They have a closeout section thats my second favorite thing after target clearance. Well, they apparently have a contract with target now because all of targets clearance ends up at marcs a few months later for a higher price than target had it at their last clearance.

Their deal is ruining my two favorite stores! Targets clearance is now almost nonexistent and Marcs prices have risen.

Example- this year target had not ONE back to school backpack left at 75% off. Not possible normally but how much do you wanna bet come next July what marcs is selling?

Yesterday I went and got the Lego Plane that is on sale for $27, thought I would try the $10 off Lego City Fire Coupon from Target.com and it came off so I got it for $17.00. :)

Thanks for this! I had bought 2 of those sets (one passenger plane and one yellow semi truck) for a gift yesterday. I went back this morning and rebought using the coupons. They did beep for me, but she pushed them through. That saved me $20! :))))

I just found a RE (Room Essentials) 10pc Picture Frame set on one of the clearance end caps in my store. Regularly $24 but 50% off for $12. They also had a 5pc Collage Frame set for $12 as well. These are much better quality frames than the 10pc set I got at Walmart on BF for $7. Here's hoping I still have the receipt!

Thank you!

just saw this deal at (kMart), they sent out an email with new sales. Do you think $26.99-34.99 is average range for these two movies?

The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Fantasia / Fantasia 2000 release day were $26.99 - $29.99 depending on the stores... before the additional $10 savings at Target and Best Buy

Right now this week Toys R Us is having a Buy 1 get 1 half off deal. Both are priced at $34.99 BEFORE sale... so i.e. you get Fantasia at $34.99 + Sorcerer's Apprentice $17.50 (after 50% off) = $52.49 - $10 Fantasia coupon - $10 Sorcerer's Apprentice coupon = $32.49 + (plus your local taxes on $52.49 worth of merchandise) for both movies.

Snagged a great deal on a few Christmas gifts...

###found three Totes "purse-size" umbrellas in a really nice red, black and white design on clearance for $3.74 each (orig. $14.99).

Wonder where they came from...

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for listing on perimeterperusing.com