*** 2008 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

I got my ornament box today. I am pretty sure I know whow it is from but I cant remember her name, maybe Callie. She lives in Texas and I think she has a lot of kids. I think last year her and her husband were adopting but I never found out the result. Do I have the right person? If she is reading maybe she can help me out. Something like MsMackenzie or Mskenzie, or pretty close to that. Tomorrow I will probably cheat and just check for the address on the card exchange list!!

Darn it. I tried to cheat but I threw away the box and can't remember the address other than it was Texas. I don't know why I still think it was the one I tried to describe but there were about 3-4 from Texas on the card list.

Edited by krissy904

I wish my SS and ornament would come in. I am getting sad.:(

I was too, until today...I received my ornament. It is very neat.

It is a color changing christmas tree.

My 5 year old grabbed it and said "Are there any more?"....I think he was hoping he could have his own. hahaha....he hung it on our little tree.

Thank you very much ilgetumipretty! I like it!

Edited by Grassy
to add the ornament giver's name...

I got my ornament box today. I am pretty sure I know whow it is from but I cant remember her name, maybe Callie. She lives in Texas and I think she has a lot of kids. I think last year her and her husband were adopting but I never found out the result. Do I have the right person? If she is reading maybe she can help me out. Something like MsMackenzie or Mskenzie, or pretty close to that. Tomorrow I will probably cheat and just check for the address on the card exchange list!!

Darn it. I tried to cheat but I threw away the box and can't remember the address other than it was Texas. I don't know why I still think it was the one I tried to describe but there were about 3-4 from Texas on the card list.

LMAO, if you mean Callie then it is ms_mckenna. They didn't get to adopt any foster babies yet. She has 2 of her own and some babies currently though,lol. I'll tell her to "check in" here!

BTW, you didn't say what the ornament was! Is it something Disney?? lol Her and I are both a bit obsessed!

LMAO, if you mean Callie then it is ms_mckenna. They didn't get to adopt any foster babies yet. She has 2 of her own and some babies currently though,lol. I'll tell her to "check in" here!

BTW, you didn't say what the ornament was! Is it something Disney?? lol Her and I are both a bit obsessed!

LOL Jen told me to come in and check. Might be me .... might not be. :D What did you get?

And no unfortunately we have no children that are adoptable as of yet. Though we always seem to have a few in our home that we want to adopt on most days. :tongue1:

a little obsessed? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

:D;)

Hmm....so you guys are playing games with me. Okay and I'm sorry I forgot in the excitement to describe my ornament......I mean 2 ornaments...no, make that 3.....oops, miscounted. Actually they 4 gorgeous glass ornaments that seems to represent Christmas around the World. I can't see my tree right now, but one was a Big Santa sitting on a Big cactus, playing a ukelele (southwestern theme), then there was aPostcard ornament (with Santa hanging his head around the edge) that says "Par Avion" for my French Connection! #3 was my son's favorite, a Big Pirate Santa (but you can tell that he is a friendly pirate!) and #4 was Fisherman Santa, holding his catch of the day-reminds me of Santa in Ireland. They are all big ornaments and we really love them. My ornament shopper had a job since I put ZERO for preferences. Oh and there were 3 little packs of playdoh in christmas themed clear mini containers. The playdoh was dried up and I hope other mothers can appreciate the fact that I was more than pleased that it was dried up, we just used the containers as additional ornaments. So thank you....um...umm...yeah, I think it was Ms_McKenna. She sounded guilty. But this is my first year so perhaps I am completely off and she is just good at this!

to Eve....sorry I just don't know how to post pics (and please no one try to send me easy instructions because I promise that they are not easy to me because I still don't know how to get them from the camera to the computer) Also, thanks again for doing all of this.

Edited by krissy904

so Ive had a bad day at work, I had to go the jail and serve an eviction notice on a little girl who was busted for possession with the intent to sell cannibis this morning, Jail is not my favoriate place to be and I have in 25 years always made it a ooiunt to try and not serve those notices at Christmas time, Reminds me of the lady with the kids in gremlins.

So I come home and I find a box on my table from North Pole Texas.

Inside was the most amazing items. Who ever this person is has read alot of my posts to get me down so well

There was a reindeer mug with a cookie and hot coco ( which I am sure represents Rudolph and my love for him.

A really cute candle holder with a ginger bread mad and rolling pin ( for my love of making cookies)

A box of chocolates ( I am sure for my love of making candy)

A hanging sign ( to make me remember my love for helping people)

A new Coffe Mug ( for my love of the stuff Two pots a day,

And the best thing in there not that everything wasnt the best But a New Kathy vanzeland Black Clutch I just love it

Well I love it all and I thank you so very much

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/Illinoismom/IMG_0237.jpg

Now if only the things I sent would arrive I would be more thrilled

Ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I love that Gingerbread man. I've never seen one like that. Okay whoever bought that for her PM me and let me know where I can get one - pretty please?? :D Or I guess I might be able to wait until the reveal to find out... I have my kitchen in gingerbread men, so he would be a perfect addition to all my other awesome gingerbread men stuff :yup:

Ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I love that Gingerbread man. I've never seen one like that. Okay whoever bought that for her PM me and let me know where I can get one - pretty please?? :D Or I guess I might be able to wait until the reveal to find out... I have my kitchen in gingerbread men, so he would be a perfect addition to all my other awesome gingerbread men stuff :yup:

bottom of it say's Yankee Candle

i got my SS today! we just finished eating the Ferrero Rocher dark chocolates, lol. I think i got 3 and the rest of the family got the others, lol. those chocolates are a BIG hit in our house and we usually only get them at the holiday season.

I also got Calgon Vanilla Swirl body spray and lotion and it smells wonderful! I also received 3 votives from Yankee candle in French Vanilla, Autumn Wreath and frosted pumpkin. DS Lucas is sitting here as i type this, smelling them over and over saying " hmmmmmmmmm." so i think its safe to say he likes them too, lol.

thank you so much to my SS person, i love all my goodies!! Thank you again and here is wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season.

I received my ornament box this last week. I am so sorry I haven't posted before now. I actually wasn't sure which swap it was from. lol But I have it all sorted out now, even though I'm not sure who you are. I do know you live in Florida. :) I received the cutest Disney ornaments! A gorgeous glass one with a Mickey & Minnie building a snowman. It also has glittery stars on the outside of it. I love it! Also got a pink tiara & a cute gold Mickey ears, with spinning silver snowflakes. And as an extra in the box, a yummy smelling Bath & Body Aromotherepy Body Wash. It is a warm milk & honey one. Thank you so much for everything you sent! The ornaments will be going on the tree tomorrow & the body wash is being put up for my personal use-got to hide it or the kids will use it up. lol You did an awesome job! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! ((()))))

i just got home a few minutes ago and boy o boy was i surprised.

Waiting for me in my mailbox were two packages.:cheesy::D

i opened them to reveal some great gotta dealers.

first i opened a package from pogiporkchop;) she sent me some Spiced Orange Oatmeal Cookies and a beautiful card with instruction to make em myself. of course i had to try them ;):gdlicklips: yep they are as good as they sound:yup:

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/aurora129/Picture013.jpg

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/aurora129/Picture014.jpg

then i opened an envelope ;)

wow. she made me a special cd ornament. it Says

Gottadeal.com

Christmas Ornament Exchange

and on the bottom it says

Thanks for all you do!

the music notes for O Holy Night is on the back

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/aurora129/Picture007.jpg

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/aurora129/Picture008.jpg

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/aurora129/Picture009.jpg

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/aurora129/Picture010.jpg

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/aurora129/Picture011.jpg

this is truelly something i will treasure for years, I LOVE IT:D

Edited by eve

Hmm....so you guys are playing games with me. Okay and I'm sorry I forgot in the excitement to describe my ornament......I mean 2 ornaments...no, make that 3.....oops, miscounted. Actually they 4 gorgeous glass ornaments that seems to represent Christmas around the World. I can't see my tree right now, but one was a Big Santa sitting on a Big cactus, playing a ukelele (southwestern theme), then there was aPostcard ornament (with Santa hanging his head around the edge) that says "Par Avion" for my French Connection! #3 was my son's favorite, a Big Pirate Santa (but you can tell that he is a friendly pirate!) and #4 was Fisherman Santa, holding his catch of the day-reminds me of Santa in Ireland. They are all big ornaments and we really love them. My ornament shopper had a job since I put ZERO for preferences. Oh and there were 3 little packs of playdoh in christmas themed clear mini containers. The playdoh was dried up and I hope other mothers can appreciate the fact that I was more than pleased that it was dried up, we just used the containers as additional ornaments. So thank you....um...umm...yeah, I think it was Ms_McKenna. She sounded guilty. But this is my first year so perhaps I am completely off and she is just good at this!

to Eve....sorry I just don't know how to post pics (and please no one try to send me easy instructions because I promise that they are not easy to me because I still don't know how to get them from the camera to the computer) Also, thanks again for doing all of this.

You are correct lol. There should have been a magnet in there too and two candles? I hope you still have the box if not? That was supposed to be silly putty or at least that is what it said on the package. Good to know because the same stuff got bought as stocking stuffers I will be taking it back lol.

Glad you liked your ornaments. I was worried since I had nothing to go by lol.

well what do you know I got !!! My SS gift. I was so excited to see it. I opened it to discover a super soft throw i have been cuddled up in. Then on top of that are several wrapped presents that i am waiting to open. I just kept picking them out of the box in aww. here is a pic of my stuff. http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/aurora129/Picture015.jpg

Callie _ ah ha....I was right and yes you reminded aboou the candles. I am usuaully sensitive to scents but for some reson, those didn't bother me at all....but it didn't matter because my son stole them from me! And yes I did love the ornaments, I felt guilty because I think you spent too much money and I didn't want anyone to do that. At least now I can send a thank you note. SOrry I didn"t have the correct name at first, but I COULD have if I cheated in the beginning! I have to admit that if there was a frame my son might have taken it (8 years old) he thinks he's allowed to take what ever he wants. Anyway, the ornaments were gorgeous. Please don't think I was complaining about the silly putty (I thought it was play-doh) I'd much rather have the containers than the contents smeared in the carpet! Thank you again. Kristyn

Oh yeah!! I got my AMAZING SS box yesterday!

I got:

- Adorable santa socks

- REALLY warm and fuzzy purple slipper socks

- Bath Beauty Kit (to make me even more beautiful...hahahaha)

- Sticky Notes

- Snowman notepad

- Ceramic snowman decorated holder

- Merry Christmas bag with a really soft light blue scarf inside

- Evergreen room spray

And the best part is the bath gift set!!! This includes:

- Body Lotion

- Shower Gel

- Milk Bath

- Body Scrub

- Body Souffle (sounds yummy)

- Soap Petals

- Shower Puff

These are all rose scented and come in a beautiful rose decorated window box type container (I don't know how else to describe it)

Thank you soooo much to whomever my SS is. I'm not even gonna try to guess yet...you know who you are!!! :giggle:

Thank you to my SS!!! I got my SS late yesterday!!! It was in my Dh's truck. He forgot to tell me. Here's what I got. A hand written note, a Fossil wallet (that I love), BBW stuff, bath crystals and beautiful lip sticks, some candies and a cute notebook. All in a cute basket. You did such a great job. You got me everything I wanted!!!! Wow!!!!! Thank you so much. Edited by jarerice

Om...First, forgive me for me for being SO late in posting my items. I was in a car accident, and even got mine mailed out late. My daughter had to do it for me, and didn't get the correct tracking slips I told her I needed. So, if yours is late...it's probably mine! Bit they did ship early last week so you should have received them by now.

First, my ornamenS came and they were lovely! One was an exquistie crocheted angel with a typed note. The first line says: I wish for you...comfort on difficult days. Absolutley perfect! The second soothed my snowman loving spirit. It was a heavy snowman head in a top hat placed in a felt pouch...with a snowman on it.

THANK YOU TO MY SECRET ORNAMENT PERSON!!!!

Second, my SS gift. That cmae late too...i figured I wasn't the only one bogged down...lol. It was an adorable red & white popcorn "basket" filled with goodies I can use n front of a fire. Microwave popcorn, hot chocolate, candy, mints.....It was great! There was also a "peppermint striped" candle gift set. Different size candles and all peppermint striped. My daughters were really excited. so...

THANK YOU TO MY SS...Whomever you are!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Thank you eve for doing this ..... again!!!

Callie _ ah ha....I was right and yes you reminded aboou the candles. I am usuaully sensitive to scents but for some reson, those didn't bother me at all....but it didn't matter because my son stole them from me! And yes I did love the ornaments, I felt guilty because I think you spent too much money and I didn't want anyone to do that. At least now I can send a thank you note. SOrry I didn"t have the correct name at first, but I COULD have if I cheated in the beginning! I have to admit that if there was a frame my son might have taken it (8 years old) he thinks he's allowed to take what ever he wants. Anyway, the ornaments were gorgeous. Please don't think I was complaining about the silly putty (I thought it was play-doh) I'd much rather have the containers than the contents smeared in the carpet! Thank you again. Kristyn

You are fine. No need for a note glad you enjoyed.

You are fine. No need for a note glad you enjoyed.

mystery magnet solved...my son didn't steal it. He said he "knew" it was for him. There is somewhat of a possibility he may be a brat. Sorry, note is already written and I don't like to waste trees. It will be mailed by the end of the week. Besides after drilliing into my (adult) daughters heads that you ALWAYS send a thank you note, I couldn't possibly display the hipocrosy similiar to when I had to confess that unlike Clinton, I inhaled in the

70's!

thanks again. I am glad that I finally got to "sort" of know you. Kristyn -