*** 2008 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

i was asked to post this :)

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/aurora129/orn3.jpg

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/aurora129/orn2.jpg

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/aurora129/orn.jpg

these are what ilgetumipretty got

WooHoo... Received my Secret Santa gift yesterday. Thank you so very much for the scrapping paper. It is all gorgeous. I haven't opened up the "15 or 16" other wrapped gifts!!!

I would like to wait till Christmas morning to unwrap those. THANK YOU and I will let everyone know what is in my other packages after Christmas!!

Eve have most people mailed out now? I noticed that there were a lot more that hadn't received than had!

yes something like 21 have not mailed out in the ss, but most have been in contact with me;)

something like 16 have not mailed out in the oe, but again most have been in contact with me;)

see why i am not at all pleased with the results this year...... i gave everyone plenty of time to find a something and then to mail it, and i do understand **** happens, one or two days i can see

but at 4 days late they all should be mailed, there are a few justifiable reasons to making me and your ss or oe person wait== but not this many

and to the ones that haven't been in contact i hope they mailed and just forgot to answer my pms:confused:

ignoring my pm or email is the one thing i hate... get in contact with me and tell me what is going on

Edited by eve

Wow, that is a lot! I was sick as heck all last week (ask Patty,lmao, I spoke with her on the phone) but even still feeling crappy I got mine out Priority mail Monday,lol.

i know,lol. i have done a 180 at work from days to night shift, work full time, school online full time, and involved in a few other commitments, was sick over bf weekend, still made time to go stand in line at the PO for half an hour.

however no kids or other issues like that for me

i know,lol. i have done a 180 at work from days to night shift, work full time, school online full time, and involved in a few other commitments, was sick over bf weekend, still made time to go stand in line at the PO for half an hour.

however no kids or other issues like that for me

Yeah, our local PO is horrible!! This time of the year and they have only one register open, a line of people and someone in the back just walking around! I was coughing and hacking & felt horrible because people were probably wishing they weren't trapped there with me,lol. I admit I am a procrastinator,lol. I usually do better at last minute things but didn't make room for a week of illness,lol. Next year I'm buying the week I get my name & shipping right after Thanksgiving! LMAO

Woo hoo! Just came home for lunch and my ss was here! Whoever you are, you totally made my day. Sent me a bunch of cute scrapbook stickers for my christmas pages, some lip gloss and some bath and body works hand sanitizer. I have been wanting to get some, too. My sister had some and I really liked it. My ss was also a sweetie and put in a cute goodie bag for my dd. I will post pictures later and let you know what she got when she gets out of school.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I LOVE IT ALL!!!

WOW! My ornament exchange arrived yesterday afternoon and was I ever pleased. It was a Willow Tree Angel with a Yankee Candle in Christmas Wreath fragrance. Really needed that nice pick-me-up as I've been down and in the hospital awhile with a very bad infected leg. The candle smells soooooooo good and the angel is already up in the tree. Thanks to whoever sent it.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z282/JohnsDepot/2008_1210Christmas0011.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z282/JohnsDepot/2008_1210Christmas0010-1.jpg

Edited by Swampbaby

My cookies will be going out tomorrow! :D They're all baked and packaged but I won't have the cards done before the PO closes today. Yum yum...

How did you package your cookies? I am going to the store tonight to try to find a way to package these so they are not cookie crumbs when they arrive?

My cookies (spiced orange oatmeal) are chewy and kinda flat so they're easy to pack. I used entree sized food storage containers (green lids for the holidays), sealed each side with a bit of tape, wrapped it in shiny red wrapping paper and will be wrapping it double in brown package paper once I get the cards written. I figure this will save on postage a bit but recipients be assured that I did put lots of care into making them :)

So... my suggestion would be to get some food storage containers, getting the smallest size that will comfortable accomodate however many cookies you're planning to put in each (in my case 8 or 9 cookies per container). Otherwise you might just try using ziploc bags placed in a box with lots of insulation (plain popcorn) or in a thick bubble envelope. I've got no problem with receiving mine that way if it helps you to save on postage :D

So I love my SS. I was so excited to get my package today in the mail. Mr DH tried to tell me that I couldn't open them until Christmas, but I opened them amyway. :) I'm not good at waiting. I got a Chicken soup for the soul christmas book, a robe, some chocolates and a flameless candle. Oh, and my kids say thank you as well. They were so excited to know that they got a present as well as mommy. They got some crayola packages and a book called the soldiers night before chrsitmas. I've seen the poem, but I didn't know they made a book about it. My son loved it so much and he asked my husband to read it to him twice before he went to bed. :)

My cookies (spiced orange oatmeal) are chewy and kinda flat so they're easy to pack. I used entree sized food storage containers (green lids for the holidays), sealed each side with a bit of tape, wrapped it in shiny red wrapping paper and will be wrapping it double in brown package paper once I get the cards written. I figure this will save on postage a bit but recipients be assured that I did put lots of care into making them :)

So... my suggestion would be to get some food storage containers, getting the smallest size that will comfortable accomodate however many cookies you're planning to put in each (in my case 8 or 9 cookies per container). Otherwise you might just try using ziploc bags placed in a box with lots of insulation (plain popcorn) or in a thick bubble envelope. I've got no problem with receiving mine that way if it helps you to save on postage :D

Thanks for the suggestions. Mine Should go out here in a day or two once I get containers.

Mine went out Monday as well. Mail guy picked them up he got me back my confirms today Eve and I sent them to you. I also got my SS gift. Which was beyond cool! Booties and Gloves. Then I got my favorite foot stuff that I was out of! From B&BW! Then I got kitchen gloves lol I love that you think I clean. :P And new kitchen towels yeah!!!! I will post pics as soon as they upload! TY TY TY!

ok I'm having trouble getting a picture on here... so I will just tell about my ss gifts.... First thank you I love them all...... I got 4 snowman/snowmen jars they are so cute, snowman post it notes, 2 snowmne kitchen towels.... oh by the way I can you tell I love snowmen a snowman window grip, 3 sets of christmas earings.... my I'm so spoiled,,,, yes and there is still more a ring, hot chocolate (the good stuff) a cinnamon candle a huge hershey kiss s pairs of cozy socks, which I think I will have to hide my daughter wants those a cute swooden sign, and fianlly 2 little stocking filled with candy, I hope I didn't miss anything....... gosh am I spolied....... thank you so much I really appreicate ALL the gifts

sounds delicious and what a great idea to ship them :) i never thought of that, very simple but if sealed properly i am sure they would make it fine.. way to go with that idea

Today I got my ornament gift. LOVE IT!! It is a Vera Bradley Hand painted ornament and is simply beautiful. Thank you so much for this beautiful edition to my tree. :thumbsup:

sounds pretty

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/thecamerons/121008034.jpg

My ornament exchange gift. Paula are you my ornament person?

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/thecamerons/121008035.jpg

And my S Santa.

Nope not me, I am getting worrid about mine as it should have arrived by now to where it was going