*** 2008 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

Okay I finally feel loved..lol. I received my SS gift today. I received a snowman ornament, note cards, memo pads, 2 photo holders (1 is broke but my DH says he can fix it), body cream, candle, soap, fuzzy socks, and a snowman dish towel. Also she put her name on it so Thanks soooo much for everything Stacy (twilightcalm). I love it all. Here is a picture.

lol - I've already told Eve that DC and bubblewrap should be mandatory on next year's exchange if Eve is brave enuf to handle it again!

When I received my SS it had a glass tart warmer from Yankee Candle that was broken during shipping. Not a problem, I understand things happen during shipping, but I could tell from the pieces that it was really pretty so I was kinda bummed... So I decided I would buy a replacement.

A few days ago I was at the mall and went to YC and asked if I could buy just the piece that was broken (it comes as a 3 piece set). The sales lady talked to the manager and after I explained how this was a gift from an online SS she didn't even hesitate and said "just bring in the pieces you have and I'll do an even exchange. I just need something to send back to show it was damaged". They even held one for me so they would not be gone when I came back to exchange!

Yesterday I finally made it back to Yankee Candle. Now mind you, none of the ladies that I talked to the first time were working that day. I went to the counter and gave my name and said they should be holding something for me. The girl said, "oh yeah, a tart warmer right?" Came out of the back with it and wrapped everything up, handed it to me and said "there you go, Merry Christmas!"

I thought that was so nice of them!!! They will definitely be getting more business from me in the future. :gdthums:

When I received my SS it had a glass tart warmer from Yankee Candle that was broken during shipping. Not a problem, I understand things happen during shipping, but I could tell from the pieces that it was really pretty so I was kinda bummed... So I decided I would buy a replacement.

A few days ago I was at the mall and went to YC and asked if I could buy just the piece that was broken (it comes as a 3 piece set). The sales lady talked to the manager and after I explained how this was a gift from an online SS she didn't even hesitate and said "just bring in the pieces you have and I'll do an even exchange. I just need something to send back to show it was damaged". They even held one for me so they would not be gone when I came back to exchange!

Yesterday I finally made it back to Yankee Candle. Now mind you, none of the ladies that I talked to the first time were working that day. I went to the counter and gave my name and said they should be holding something for me. The girl said, "oh yeah, a tart warmer right?" Came out of the back with it and wrapped everything up, handed it to me and said "there you go, Merry Christmas!"

I thought that was so nice of them!!! They will definitely be getting more business from me in the future. :gdthums:

i agree that is very impressive of the company;)

Just a question -- has anyone received a card from me?? :confused:

I mailed them a week ago. Some other people I sent them to haven't received any yet. :(

sure did, just got it 1/2 hour ago, thanks

also got a card from kseltzer, thanks ;)

i've been on vacation and have been meaning to post. I received my my OE gift like a week ago. too cute! three ornaments, loved the snowman with the puffy hands, my kids won't keep thier hands off it on the tree lol. and i also got candy!!! I dove into the candy.. i'm such a piggy. Secret OE you went over and beyond thanks!!!

As far as cards. my whole back of my front door is covered. I don't know who, if any i am missing. Thanks everyone for the cards. I just love looking at them.

there are like 6 that have not received.......... but i think a few will trinkle in thur.

Hmmmm.... a few will trinkle in Thursday? Hmmm.....Not for me.....:cry2:

Just got Today's (Friday's) Mail....& still not Christmas Present.

Just wanted to let you know Eve, since I told you I'd keep you updated. :o

Hmmmm.... a few will trinkle in Thursday? Hmmm.....Not for me.....:cry2:

Just got Today's (Friday's) Mail....& still not Christmas Present.

Just wanted to let you know Eve, since I told you I'd keep you updated. :o

:confused:

maybe tomorrow.......

i really thought it would be yesterday......... but no one got anything.......... and there are 5:confused: still waiting darn it

:( I'm sorry to the other 4 of you besides myself....

Kind of sad, isn't it?

Thank you for your work Eve....It'd be nice if everyone would just get their stuff so you could be DONE with it all, huh? I'll still keep you posted ok?

Do any of these last 5 have tracking numbers? Or are you just going off of the senders word that they were mailed? :( Not trying to bug you....Just curious, is all.

:( I'm sorry to the other 4 of you besides myself....

Kind of sad, isn't it?

Thank you for your work Eve....It'd be nice if everyone would just get their stuff so you could be DONE with it all, huh? I'll still keep you posted ok?

Do any of these last 5 have tracking numbers? Or are you just going off of the senders word that they were mailed? :( Not trying to bug you....Just curious, is all.

i think one has a tracking number......... so I'm not waiting on that one so much............

it is the others that said it was mailed already...........

with priority mail they should have been delivered even if it was mail a few days late

I am thinking I am going to be thanking an elf here ... because still nothing for me.

Hi Heather.... :gdconsole3: There might be ONE lucky recipient here...Eve said that ONE has a tracking number, so that one must be "legit" lol.

I'll wish you a Merry Christmas :holiday03:holiday04 and give you a :gdhug1: and a :kisses:

So you can feel some love from a GD Friend...LOL....

Thanks to all for the cards. Sorry to hear about those that have not received them. I was so excited to be allowed to participate that I bought early and mail early. I wanted to stay on the good girl list for next year, if Eve can stand it again. Hopefully, something shows up or the elfs can follow through. Heck, at this point, I volunteer to go buy something for one and FEDEX it. Let me know!:yup:

LOL, well there was a mangled Lindt toffee bar, some green cellophane with some brown balls of some type (not sure what they were), and a tiny candle (I am burning the candle in the bathroom as I type). It smells good. It's a nice size for my little bathroom!

Oh, I was just reading through this thread and I know who your secret santa is! She is one of the sweetest GD people I know and I don't know if you tried the peanut butter balls but my kids are fighting to get them and my hubby had to stash the rest! They taste like peanut butter cups. :P I'm sorry your package got messed up in the mail. :(

Oh, I was just reading through this thread and I know who your secret santa is! She is one of the sweetest GD people I know and I don't know if you tried the peanut butter balls but my kids are fighting to get them and my hubby had to stash the rest! They taste like peanut butter cups. :P I'm sorry your package got messed up in the mail. :(

I have learned they weren't peanut butter balls, but were a bath oil bead.

Who the heck has been sending peanut butter balls AND more importantly why didn't I get any???!! LOL

Great Dane Mom........Here is the note I pm'd to Eve when you posted about your package...I want everyone to know how I felt.....No more surprise on who I am...LOL...

--------------------------------------------------

Eve, I'm horrified at Great Dane Mom's post!

I had that filled with all sorts of goodies. If the package said "unsealed...etc" obviously some stuff is missing.

I mailed

*a cute set of christmas cookie cutters,

*a christmas candy "kabob" style gummy trees and santa thing (it was SO cute).

*A candle---which she got...

*and she said something about green cellohane with brown balls in it...that was the CUTEST little gifts set that was called "body chocolates" or something...and it had a package of bath soak, and the little balls were bath oil balls and they were a mint chocolate scent.

*I specifically went and purchased the lindy toffee choc bar (not cheap either) becuase that was the candy she posted that she liked as her favorite.

***I can't remember if there was anything else...seems to be that there was more, but I can't think right now.

Sounds like she doesn't even know about the cookie cutters, so those must have come out when the package was found (unsealed)....hmmm.....

The gift would have been fun and cute if it had arrived in one piece. It was sent priority mail too...but I didn't buy insurance because I ship stuff ALL THE TIME and never have problems as she described.

Could you please tell her that her SS person is very sorry that the mail and postal service were so hard on THEIR OWN Flat rate envelopes? What a bummer!

---------------------------------------------

Now...Great Dane Mom....For the GOOOD news.....

You will be getting a 2nd Package from me....It may or may not arrive before Christmas...but I will be in touch if I have a tracking #.

Also---LMAO at Kayakmom spilling the beans to the WORLD about my Peanut Butter Balls, but if you would like some, I'm whipping up another batch here before Christmas, so I will send those your way as well....(They are pretty good, if I DO say so myself!)

--------------------------------

Since I am one of the last 5 to not recieve a gift, I know how sucky it feels, and I feel like you are feeling just about almost equally bummed---excpet that you at least know that someone "tried"...I don't even have THAT much to go on...LOL....

So There you have it...I wasn't sure what I was going to do...but you WILL get another package from me...it will be different stuff from the first batch...but at least you can have something to look forward to, ok?

MERRY CHRISTMAS! and SORRY to spill the secret of who I am....but I thought you should know. :)