*** 2008 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

Great Dane Mom........Here is the note I pm'd to Eve when you posted about your package...I want everyone to know how I felt.....No more surprise on who I am...LOL...

--------------------------------------------------

Eve, I'm horrified at Great Dane Mom's post!

I had that filled with all sorts of goodies. If the package said "unsealed...etc" obviously some stuff is missing.

I mailed

*a cute set of christmas cookie cutters,

*a christmas candy "kabob" style gummy trees and santa thing (it was SO cute).

*A candle---which she got...

*and she said something about green cellohane with brown balls in it...that was the CUTEST little gifts set that was called "body chocolates" or something...and it had a package of bath soak, and the little balls were bath oil balls and they were a mint chocolate scent.

*I specifically went and purchased the lindy toffee choc bar (not cheap either) becuase that was the candy she posted that she liked as her favorite.

***I can't remember if there was anything else...seems to be that there was more, but I can't think right now.

Sounds like she doesn't even know about the cookie cutters, so those must have come out when the package was found (unsealed)....hmmm.....

The gift would have been fun and cute if it had arrived in one piece. It was sent priority mail too...but I didn't buy insurance because I ship stuff ALL THE TIME and never have problems as she described.

Could you please tell her that her SS person is very sorry that the mail and postal service were so hard on THEIR OWN Flat rate envelopes? What a bummer!

---------------------------------------------

Now...Great Dane Mom....For the GOOOD news.....

You will be getting a 2nd Package from me....It may or may not arrive before Christmas...but I will be in touch if I have a tracking #.

Also---LMAO at Kayakmom spilling the beans to the WORLD about my Peanut Butter Balls, but if you would like some, I'm whipping up another batch here before Christmas, so I will send those your way as well....(They are pretty good, if I DO say so myself!)

--------------------------------

Since I am one of the last 5 to not recieve a gift, I know how sucky it feels, and I feel like you are feeling just about almost equally bummed---excpet that you at least know that someone "tried"...I don't even have THAT much to go on...LOL....

So There you have it...I wasn't sure what I was going to do...but you WILL get another package from me...it will be different stuff from the first batch...but at least you can have something to look forward to, ok?

MERRY CHRISTMAS! and SORRY to spill the secret of who I am....but I thought you should know. :)

Aaaah Grassy! You really don't need to send another package, really. It's ok. I appreciate the effort. I hope Eve let you know that I wasn't upset. I'm not on earth to accumulate stuff, although sometimes I need to remind myself about that. (Don't we all?)

If you haven't bought/sent stuff already, please don't. I would rather you spend any monies on cat/dog food for a rescue/humane shelter.

Merry Christmas Grassy and thank you again for sending me the wonderful gifts and more importantly for taking time out of your busy life to brighten mine.

Also---LMAO at Kayakmom spilling the beans to the WORLD about my Peanut Butter Balls, but if you would like some, I'm whipping up another batch here before Christmas, so I will send those your way as well....(They are pretty good, if I DO say so myself!)

Oops. :o

Can you send more here? :rolleyes:

:sidesplit

I'm sorry that you're both having troubles with your SS's. I hope that you will both be rewarded for your waits!

EVE:

If you need another ELF, let me know. I could get a gift in the mail Monday. (I know it probably wouldn't make it there by Christmas, but at least they would have an after Christmas surprise waiting for them:)) It's just sad that so many people haven't received their gifts :(

I did not have a Secret Santa (by choice) but without mentioning names, unless the sender wants to confess, I received a box today with a long stemmed chocolate rose that was wrapped in red foil. It was from Fiji Company. It looks too pretty to eat but since it has already been stolen and displayed by my 8 yr old son, I's have to say i have a preety good chance of getting at least one rose petal. Anyone care to confess??????

I received another un-Secret Santa and I'm going to go ahead and give her up since she wasn't supposed to send anything!!!! SHerrilL sent me a giant box of mostly bath items and stuff for my son. I loved it all......but she still wasn't suposed to! We had an agreeement and she used a loophole.

As of December 20th I have not received anything. I think I have given up. This board is putting me in a bah humbug mood today.

oh please don't say that..... even though most shipped late, :yup:almost everyone DID SHIP. One person did ship late without dc and it still has not arrived but i believe her and believe it IS on its way. Ive given up on two people... AND some wonderful ELVES stepped up to the plate to do something extra this holiday season. They did not have to. what wonderful holiday spirit. I am hoping everyone should still get something for the holidays.

and several of the people did get broken stuff... but most of the senders did feel bad and offered to resend, which was nice. Grassy even offered to make ans send some peanut butter balls which sound so good ;)

This board if full of wonderful people all through out the year,

i refuse to let at handful of people ruin it..... heck last year my SS skipped out on me:( i did not ask for an elf but someone asked for my info and became my elf:D, i do know how crappy it is, this year my person mailed late and for a little while i did believe it was a repeat year, lol... but my person came through:D:D:D

btw.... i do happen to know you are not one of the ones needing an elf, i have dc and been tracking your package, someone did remember you, it was mailed awhile ago, hope that helps

oh please don't say that..... even though most shipped late, :yup:almost everyone DID SHIP. One person did ship late without dc and it still has not arrived but i believe her and believe it IS on its way. Ive given up on two people... AND some wonderful ELVES stepped up to the plate to do something extra this holiday season. They did not have to. what wonderful holiday spirit. I am hoping everyone should still get something for the holidays.

and several of the people did get broken stuff... but most of the senders did feel bad and offered to resend, which was nice. Grassy even offered to make ans send some peanut butter balls which sound so good ;)

This board if full of wonderful people all through out the year,

i refuse to let at handful of people ruin it..... heck last year my SS skipped out on me:( i did not ask for an elf but someone asked for my info and became my elf:D, i do know how crappy it is, this year my person mailed late and for a little while i did believe it was a repeat year, lol... but my person came through:D:D:D

btw.... i do happen to know you are not one of the ones needing an elf, i have dc and been tracking your package, someone did remember you, it was mailed awhile ago, hope that helps

I know there are many wonderful people on here. Really I would be fine not receiving anything only because I enjoy giving gifts so it is still a satsification to me. I'm just easily frustrated today. I will be fine after a good nights sleep;) As a matter of fact that is where I am going now.

I know you are working hard to do this and I am not blaming you, I appreciate all you've done! I'm not blaming anybody really. It's just one of those days...

Ok, off to bed.

I know there are many wonderful people on here. Really I would be fine not receiving anything only because I enjoy giving gifts so it is still a satsification to me. I'm just easily frustrated today. I will be fine after a good nights sleep;) As a matter of fact that is where I am going now.

I know you are working hard to do this and I am not blaming you, I appreciate all you've done! I'm not blaming anybody really. It's just one of those days...

Ok, off to bed.

i have had those days lol. good night.;)

on a side note i was thrilled to get a package in the mail from an unsecret Santa. It truelly (sp?) made me day. "Little gifts of gratitude from Florida" i put them under my tree:D

OK I have given up hope on the beautiful Christmas cards I had ordered. I am so sorry guys my cards will more than likely be late. I did some online from walmart and picked them up today. I am addressing them and getting them in the mail. :( Well I am if I can figure out the card list lol. When I open mine up it gives me everyones name and then 8 peoples addresses and noone elses? Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

OK I have given up hope on the beautiful Christmas cards I had ordered. I am so sorry guys my cards will more than likely be late. I did some online from walmart and picked them up today. I am addressing them and getting them in the mail. :( Well I am if I can figure out the card list lol. When I open mine up it gives me everyones name and then 8 peoples addresses and noone elses? Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

yes most will be late, i think the last day to mail cards was Thursday, last day to may priority was today, last day for express is Monday

Oh my!! I am shaking!! i just opened my SS gift, and I LOVE IT!!! I was given the most adorable gingerbread nightlight! It is so cute!! And a Disneyland frame with Mickey! I am going to print off my favorite photo from our trip last week and put it in it!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my gifts!!! Thank you so very much, they are perfect!!!! Your thoughts were amazing!!!

What a coincidence...your door looks just like mine!!!! hahahaha

I'm glad to see that nobody has completely flaked on the exchange this year (though being late does suck)...I would hate for people not to be allowed to participate during the summer exchange!!! ;)

Good Morning...Just stopping in to say....Great Dane Mom? You should get a pkg on Christmas Eve...it will come probably from the UPS Man.....(Hopefully a hunky one...;) )...as I ordered it from Amazon.com....

Again...I'm sorry that your first package arrived in such sad condition. This is not much...just a little something from me to you. Enjoy!

PS---Still no SS for me....in case anyone was wondering....I didn't check in over the weekend on the computer. :o

Good Morning...Just stopping in to say....Great Dane Mom? You should get a pkg on Christmas Eve...it will come probably from the UPS Man.....(Hopefully a hunky one...;) )...as I ordered it from Amazon.com....

Again...I'm sorry that your first package arrived in such sad condition. This is not much...just a little something from me to you. Enjoy!

PS---Still no SS for me....in case anyone was wondering....I didn't check in over the weekend on the computer. :o

I am checking in to say nothing for me either yet...

we three queen's of forgotten SS have gathered here from so far...

Grassy, you are naughty. I told you not to send anything. Should I speak with your husband about a spanking? LOL

I'll be sure to post here when it arrives.

I'm sorry you haven't received a package yet. Hopefully your SS has been in contact with Eve.

:holiday10 My Nephew saw the picture of your door and saw our card right away. He wanted everyone to see our door and his "Chocolatey" Santa. We have enjoyed all the different cards coming in from all over. I wait until he comes to open them. Then I have him stick them on the door. We will join this again next year! Thanks everyone! Edited by twilightcalm

:holiday10 My Nephew saw the picture of your door and saw our card right away. He wanted everyone to see our door and his "Chocolatey" Santa. We have enjoyed all the different cards coming in from all over. I wait until he comes to open them. Then I have him stick them on the door. We will join this again next year! Thanks everyone!

cool

No ss yet for me either :(

This was fun for me anyway even though I haven't received anything. I love reading about what everyone got. If you are waiting to open your package until Christmas - please post what you got afterwards! I love living vicariously through everyone else!! :D