*** 2007 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

about half of my cards went out Sat, will get the rest in the mail on Monday-I signed my cards pastasalad aka georgie

I just printed out the names and addy's then cut and pasted them on the envelope(makes for less mistakes for me-) and those of you that get the "Ho Ho Ho" cards my dd10 wanted to help sign some

Happy Holidays:holiday07

about half of my cards went out Sat, will get the rest in the mail on Monday-I signed my cards pastasalad aka georgie

I just printed out the names and addy's then cut and pasted them on the envelope(makes for less mistakes for me-) and those of you that get the "Ho Ho Ho" cards my dd10 wanted to help sign some

Happy Holidays:holiday07

that's what im doing;):D

im going to try and get mine shipped in the next few days

almost done with my cards- forgot to but stamps with all the other shopping- now- we send the ornament and ss gift without revealing who we are right???

I put screen names and "real" names on the envelopes!!

yep you got it correct

Everyone who is involved with this year's exchanges PLEASE read this:

Yesterday while out shopping I was the victim of a theft. The item stolen was my BF notebook - which typically wouldn't be of any importance EXCEPT it had all of my exchange information in it because I was shopping and planning to mail things (cards and packages) as they got finished so I wouldn't have to bring a ton of stuff home. Even though this was not my fault at all I feel like I should be apologizing; I feel sick about this - and sad, mad and a lot of other things I can't say on here. Instead of savoring a highly successful shopping trip and enjoying my holidays I'm going to be worrying about what happened to that notebook and wondering why someone would want to ruin my holidays. :no::confused::gdparanoid:

I'm hoping that the (insert word or phrase of your choice here) who took my notebook just dumped it into a garbage can but here are some ways to tell if a piece of mail came from me:

1) All mail from me will be mailed from the small town in which I live.

2) I will not use my name on the card envelopes. My cards, btw, will have a baby

holding a gold star on them.

3) I never write in cursive.

If you have any questions about a piece of mail that looks like it came from me then PM me and ask. And if you have any suggestions for me on what to do (I've done all the regular stuff in this case) I'd like to hear them too because I'm a mess right now.

Yesterday while out shopping I was the victim of a theft. The item stolen was my BF notebook - which typically wouldn't be of any importance EXCEPT it had all of my exchange information in it because I was shopping and planning to mail things (cards and packages) as they got finished so I wouldn't have to bring a ton of stuff home. Even though this was not my fault at all I feel like I should be apologizing; I feel sick about this - and sad, mad and a lot of other things I can't say on here. Instead of savoring a highly successful shopping trip and enjoying my holidays I'm going to be worrying about what happened to that notebook and wondering why someone would want to ruin my holidays. :no::confused::gdparanoid:

I'm hoping that the (insert word or phrase of your choice here) who took my notebook just dumped it into a garbage can but here are some ways to tell if a piece of mail came from me:

2) I will not use my name on the card envelopes. My cards, btw, will have a baby

If you have any questions about a piece of mail that looks like it came from me then PM me and ask. And if you have any suggestions for me on what to do (I've done all the regular stuff in this case) I'd like to hear them too because I'm a mess right now.

all that was taken was the notebook?:confused:

your purse is safe?

all that was taken was the notebook?:confused:

your purse is safe?

Thank goodness I don't carry a purse otherwise that would have been taken too! The notebook was the only thing in my cart, and it was closed so you couldn't tell what was inside. Just like you're scratching your head and wondering why someone would steal a notebook so am I.

Thank goodness I don't carry a purse otherwise that would have been taken too! The notebook was the only thing in my cart, and it was closed so you couldn't tell what was inside. Just like you're scratching your head and wondering why someone would steal a notebook so am I.

well thank god for that

That really stinks! I'm sure the asshole just dumped it in the trash. :mad:

I will mail out 19 of my cards tomorrow because that's how many stamps I have. The rest of the cards will go out whenever I get them done.

I plan on buying my stamps tomorrow...because it is raining diligently today with no sign of letting up and I just don't want to walk to the post office in the rain...:) I've had a ton of fun shopping for the exchange this year, haven't purchased the SS gift yet, but I know what I'm getting and I did purchase my Ornament over the weekend and I've had the cards for awhile, I can't wait to get it all out and start seeing everyone's reactions!! :)

Okay my SS and Ormiment gifts are going in the mail in the morning. My work is driving me nuts!!!!!!

I have a ???? about the shipping confirmation. What is that? I never mail packages. Do I just ask for it?

Thanks

Yes, just tell them at the PO that you need Delivery Confirmation on your packages. They'll give you a reciept with a tracking number on it and that is the number you PM to eve. HTH :)

I have my ornament buddys stuff, and almost done with my SS person. Have a few more little things to pick up. I am hoping to sit down tonight or tomorrow to fill out my cards. Mine won't be able to go out until next Tuesday. :( Dh's boss is being a bigtime flake, and told them they won't be getting paid til then. Grrrrrrrrr. Can't wait to start getting cards! That is one of my favorite things about the holidays!